New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095782 times)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
you need a photobucket account to post pics. set it up, and i'll talk you through it. it's easy.
ok i got a account   but lol i dont know much...    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL THANKS POOLEY
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
ok i got a account   but lol i dont know much...    HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL THANKS POOLEY
upload pictures to photobucket.
put arrow over picture.
move arrow to IMG Code box.
left click on the box, it will say 'copied'.
go to reply box on the shanty, and right click in the reply box, click on 'paste'.
post picture. ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
hate to break the news i go to suny delhi in Delaware county it was 60 yesterday even here!! i am shocked!

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
this sucks!!  >:(

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
ok   how i make them smaller   lol

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
ha boss with a pare of sissies, ha ,ha

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
ok   how i make them smaller   lol
you click on the picture in photobucket, and resize them there. nice fish!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict

this any better???    not too new   but a good day...

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
thanks poolie    ill have more soon   jusrt got to resize and select...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
looks like a nice freezer full.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
TIME TO START ROWING ON THE RESERVOIRS!!!!!

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                       I am getting depressed .... no ice  :( :(
images.jpeg

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
take advantage of the crappies thats what im doing this weekend!

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
does anyone know if there will b any ice left on glenmere by friday

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
better bring your boats

Offline AndyTheBBGun

• IceShanty Rookie
  • NYS Ranger School 2010
well i was gonna ask if there is any ice (besides in peoples freezers) around poughkeepsie this weekend but it looks like im sol

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Was plenty of ice last few days was 8 inches easy on sb. should have no problem getting out on foot this weekend at huntington ..looked solid 7am but wasn't impressed and I was pretty fished out from the two days before. ;D

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
hate to tell you guys/girls this but with the 2 warm days high 50's/ low 60's we havent lost any ice in cny... hoping for the best in the southern part of the state... tight lines  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: Hopefully there is ice when I come home the first week in March for break

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
Was plenty of ice last few days was 8 inches easy on sb. should have no problem getting out on foot this weekend at huntington ..looked solid 7am but wasn't impressed and I was pretty fished out from the two days before. ;D
not for nothing but,,looking solid ,and being solid are 2 differant things,i was on hut wed,,maybe 5in and going south,,checked it at 5pm Thurs,,edges all broke up,might use a plank to get on,but did not look good to me,maybe with the next couple of nights in the teens will lock it back up,,if you did not check the ice personally,,you really shouldn't say,,not this year,,,hope somebody didn't go out at odarkthirty this am,,not being rude,,safety first

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
not for nothing but,,looking solid ,and being solid are 2 differant things,i was on hut wed,,maybe 5in and going south,,checked it at 5pm Thurs,,edges all broke up,might use a plank to get on,but did not look good to me,maybe with the next couple of nights in the teens will lock it back up,,if you did not check the ice personally,,you really shouldn't say,,not this year,,,hope somebody didn't go out at odarkthirty this am,,not being rude,,safety first
well said semperfi. with these temps DO NOT tell anyone what you "THINK" the ice will be like! the 1st hot day I was on the ice till sunset and the top 2 inches of 6 total inches of ice was breaking away as i walked in. it has not gotten below freezing to re-freeze from the 1st day. then it got HOTTER yet on the next day!!!    DONT GO TILL YOU CAN SEE, AND BE SEEN, IN CASE OF PROBLEMS....

fish hard   but fish safe. there will be more days yet this year, just need to let it lock up.   be very cafeful if anyone heads out this weekend!!!!

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
All I know is  where we  been, ice thickness was solid 8 inches maybe got a bit weak after the am rain that day but, it will be plenty safe again after last nights subs and again today's subs..  Just use a spud and wear safety gear.. spikes know the lake and ice conditions.. I didn't bother drilling huntington lk ..it was too many warm days in a row by that time and I didn't care trying a new place alone.. probably would have been safe but it should be easy walking for whoever this weekend.. Me , I have others plans ;D

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
Forget it Joe. Glenmere is open water.

The hudson striper run will start Mid March if we make it through the winter with little snow.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
I'm what you guys call north and I am even going farther north this weekend. THINGS WENT TOO FAST LAST YEAR. I'm getting in what ever time I can.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
Forget it Joe. Glenmere is open water.

The hudson striper run will start Mid March if we make it through the winter with little snow.
ok thanks i went today the fish r going crazy there caught some pickerel but they spit the hooks out saw schools of crappies along the shore and bass jumping everywhere i cant wait till striped bass season its gonna b great!!!

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
So, anybody get out today? Any ice reports?
👮👮👮

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess Counties see you next year. Forget about it !!!!!
Mr.Esox

Offline frontrowjoe20

• IceShanty Rookie
that goes for orange county too....went by walton and round and nice ice to be found

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
i well find out tomarrow

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
plenty of people out on the ice in Sullivan Cty today....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.