New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095946 times)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Boss Jigs what lake are you fishing?
ok guys i will say once in public where i fish, if you want to know about where in future pm me .....

lake superior
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
ok guys i will say once in public where i fish, if you want to know about where in future pm me .....

lake superior

I can't believe your giving away your secret spot. Now your gonna be overrun!!!
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
fished glemeare today. me and a friend both got a couple pickeral and couple perch. one pickerel was about 20 inches. ice was about 4 inches. entrance from the boat launch was getting very bad.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
plank time, in January? LOL!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Dave327

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks Boss Jigs, wasn't trying to get your secret spot, just wondering what lake has/had 5" of ice.
 and if if it was a public lake.

Offline sick-sano

• IceShanty Rookie
fish lakes in that area had 5.5 in of ice last weekend think ice is safe for tomorrow have a hr. drive hopfully don't have to turn around when i get there . thanks for any info from local guys

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
I can't believe your giving away your secret spot. Now your gonna be overrun!!!
i was today!!!! some guy i told to fish the otherside of me, better action then the deeper side that he was on, sets his tip-ups through the middle of my set!

still had a good day, had dad out there too. fish to clean....

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
ice today was 5 1/2 inches. careful of the holes!!!! the water ontop of the ice is draining down the hole hardcore!!! i saw holes that were 12-14 inches across!!!!  dangerous. look where your stepping.     the ice is great tho!

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
any good ice left at glenmere was thinking of going not this weekend but next weekend can someone let me know cause im in college now so i don't have time to check

Offline loustru

• Team IceShanty Regular
Any info on ice conditions for Sullivan county, Highland Lake area would be appreciated. Lou.

Offline Reelemin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Just a quick heads up for anyone that was planning to fish the town of Fallsburg Fire Depatments annual Ice fishing derby on Echo lake this weekend(1/28/2012). This derby has been POSTPONED until Saturday February 4th, 2012.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Any info on ice conditions for Sullivan county, Highland Lake area would be appreciated. Lou.

As of Tuesday (last day we fished it), Highland Lake had 7" of black ice, BUT, there was also about an inch or two of melted snow on top and the holes that ssomeone had cut the day before were expanding rapidly....getting so large that we could not put our tipups in some of them for fear of losing them down the holes!!!  The weather forecast is for temps in the 40's all this weekso....BE CAREFUL....CHECK ICE THICKNESS BEFORE you walk tooo far out!!!
We caught dozens of Perch on Tues.....most were dinks!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey gang anybody getting out ? been out twice with topher...gonna try this weekend some where  :-\ and hoping maybe to see the suffern gang come up fer the highland tourney   ;) 

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
we were thinking coming up saturday. maybe highland?
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
i was just on highland lake about 6 ins of ice kept nothing got rained off small perch oney

Offline ExpansionCrack

• IceShanty Rookie
Saw 2 guys fishing out on white lake (near bubba's) wednesday afternoon. So the ice is there. Me personally, I haven't even gotten my gear together. Besides being to busy things are just a little to iffy up here in sullivan for my taste. I hope that might change. Good luck to you guys. Be safe.

~Ec

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i'm looking to go to Huntington tomorrow, but would like to know what the lakes look like after all this ' wonderful' weather we are having. LOL!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
i'm looking to go to Huntington tomorrow, but would like to know what the lakes look like after all this ' wonderful' weather we are having. LOL!

not that it is much help, but it just quit raining here.....still around 40 degrees or so...

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
has anyone ever fished rockland lake? winter or summer

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Was on Huntington yesterday. There was 6" of good ice, not sure how it will hold up with all the rain we got.
👮👮👮

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
has anyone ever fished rockland lake? winter or summer
yes, i have fished it. big tiger muskies in there, with plenty of bass.

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
After a day on the ice I am sold on marcums...my lx-3 was marking tons of fish landed a few it was cool to watch them come off the bitten and hit the jig
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
got these at Huntington today. sorry topher, i forgot to bring you number.

12-16 inches

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
How thick was the ice at Hunt today? must of been breezy but nice ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
How thick was the ice at Hunt today? must of been breezy but nice ;D
about 5-6 inches. nice day out there. we met semperfi there.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

12-16 inches
(Image removed from quote.)

it's all good  :)  nice to see you got out and did your usual damage there  :tipup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if the ice holds I may have to head out there next weekend.....been dying to catch a real pickerel...

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular

12-16 inches
(Image removed from quote.)
Must have missed you guys by about an hour, was in the area for work and came by to say hello (hate to be on the ice without a fishing rod in hand) nice job with crappies pooley

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Must have missed you guys by about an hour, was in the area for work and came by to say hello (hate to be on the ice without a fishing rod in hand) nice job with crappies pooley
sorry we missed you! we had a new guy from the thread there. if they ice holds, we will do a gathering there.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
sorry we missed you! we had a new guy from the thread there. if they ice holds, we will do a gathering there.
Going back up to the asks next week, but will def. make the gathering

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.