New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095877 times)

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
has any one ever heard of or fished hill lake in florida,ny?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
hello pooley and the gang...joe {holehawg} saw and will be there unless doc wants to cut my heart out then then but i think im clear till march ;)...was out on topher lake in pa sun froze my butt off one pick off 3 flags about 4 inches of ice on a lake near elk mountain...thats all the info i'll give.... ;) ;D  may allyer flags be sprung :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: hole hawg out
good to see your mug here Joe! hope to see you guys soon.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline maddbmxjumper

• Team IceShanty Regular
How about orange lake? I have a buddy that his parents just bought a house with lake rights, except he's to dam lazy to go over and check the ice for me, he lives 15 mins from the lake, I live an hr. Any reports would be helpful!

Offline pondbass9787

• IceShanty Rookie
I'll be driving past Orange lake tomorrow morning. Last Tuesday it was iced over but that was before the rain. And now tomorrow it's saying more rain. Not good for the local lakes at all. PM me man, I was at that one smaller pond(that i know you fish) this past week and saw guys checking the ice. it should def be good by this weekend even with a little rain tomorrow. We gotta get out together sometime

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
has any one ever heard of or fished hill lake in florida,ny?

that might be in the florida ny near albany... the only lake in florida is glenmere

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
i forgot to tell ya   where i was the water was coudy as hell. but the sun was beaming through the ice so shiny silvers and golds were great to find the fish but as the sun drops switch to the glows and it gets them charging to ya!!!!!!!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
that might be in the florida ny near albany... the only lake in florida is glenmere
no its flordia ny i saw it on google earth!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
hello pooley and the gang...joe {holehawg} saw and will be there unless doc wants to cut my heart out then then but i think im clear till march ;)...was out on topher lake in pa sun froze my butt off one pick off 3 flags about 4 inches of ice on a lake near elk mountain...thats all the info i'll give.... ;) ;D  may allyer flags be sprung :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: hole hawg out
Good to here from you Joe... I have to look up my own music now to post on FB.  ;) Where ya been since Oct. ?
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos

there is no hill lake in the town of florida near albany
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
but there is a lake on the hill in florida by albany. lol

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
there is no hill lake in the town of florida near albany
the town of florida in ORANGE COUNTY?????????????????

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
That's right Roy... Just Mariaville that is a lake up on a hill.  Other than that it is just the Schoharie creek.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I've lived in the VILLAGE of Florida which is in Orange County for 22 years and unless they made a new lake in the past day there is no "hill lake".... however the TOWN of Florida is near Albany... And bigjoe there are 2 floridas in NY incase you havent noticed

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Just one near Albany, NY. The one I live on, which is just outside the town of Florida

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
But i did find the Hill Lake that you are talking about and it's in Warwick not Florida but on google earth it looks private heres the pic to make sure its the same one...

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Funny, there was an article in the local rag today that DEC left Montgomery County out of the reg book by accident this year.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
But i did find the Hill Lake that you are talking about and it's in Warwick not Florida but on google earth it looks private heres the pic to make sure its the same one...

(Image removed from quote.)
yes that is it on this website its says Florida,ny :http://www.hookandbullet.com/fishing-hill-lake-florida-ny/  i wish it was open to the public!

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
you could go to one of the houses and ask permission or just fish it cause its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission  ;D

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
you could go to one of the houses and ask permission or just fish it cause its easier to ask for forgiveness than permission  ;D
yeah i might do that hopefully there nice lol

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
i fished hi land lake today 4to 5 ins of ice, but there was open water in to spots  that froze over agen  mite be thin ice there, small perch only.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
How about orange lake? I have a buddy that his parents just bought a house with lake rights, except he's to dam lazy to go over and check the ice for me, he lives 15 mins from the lake, I live an hr. Any reports would be helpful!
Hey Kyle!
I went past orange on sat. and the ice only went out about 200 ft (lots of open water)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Good to here from you Joe... I have to look up my own music now to post on FB.  ;) Where ya been since Oct. ?
  in and out of  hospitals....they have probed me pretty good...maybe they should use a vex to see my heart valve lol, how you been jimmy alls well i hope ?

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
went yesterday afternoon to check out glenmere in Florida,ny it looks all iced over not open spots!!!!!!!!!!! a few holes were drilled into the ice i saw it looks like it will b soon if we don't have anymore warm weather i forgot  to bring my auger to measure the ice anyone know how thick the ice is there ?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
i fished hi land lake today 4to 5 ins of ice, but there was open water in to spots  that froze over agen  mite be thin ice there, small perch only.

you mean Highland Lake ?

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
you mean Highland Lake ?
yeah topher    i talked to moondog on the phone last night. he was at highland.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHEN AND WHERE THE NEXT IA (ICEFISHEMANS ANONYMOUS) IS GOING TO BE HELD :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
I had a meeting/intervention this morning...got soaked in the rain...ice is holding great though  ;)

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
The only thing I am going to say is head north there is no ice season on the NYC reservoirs. Look at the long range trend it stinks.
Mr.Esox

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Think I'm gonna make a Huntington run tomorrow,  any body got an ice report?
👮👮👮

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
Think I'm gonna make a Huntington run tomorrow,  any body got an ice report?

I'm hoping to hit this tomorrow afternoon as well.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.