New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095856 times)

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
 the changes are for three fishing poles only on open water and ice fishing too.  :tipup: Hoping the back coves are thick enough saturday if not, I'm going saltwater ;D

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
sounds good, originally I thought it was only for open water but read it again..either way I was always a three pole johnny! ;D

Offline OldHunter Road

• IceShanty Rookie
  • The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his
Well since it looks like good ice is a week or so away, I think I'm going to try doing some Hudson River Atlantic Tom Cod fishing !!!!
The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his FLY

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
swing brage is open water/ hilaqnd lake i was at yesterday, about 3 ins of ice but i stayed in a little back bay,it looked like there mite of been open water in the middle of the lake, but today at my house hear its 52, that well not help

Offline moose66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Kids who hunt and fish don't mug old ladies
5 new tip ups..check, New Marcum lx3...check, new jigging pole...check, new jigs..check, new bibs and boots...check, ice....not so much
Lifes a garden...dig it

Offline whateversbiting

• IceShanty Rookie
5 new tip ups..check, New Marcum lx3...check, new jigging pole...check, new jigs..check, new bibs and boots...check, ice....not so much

i feel you got 10 new tip ups new bibs coat and boots and hope i can finaly hit ice lake champlain tomorrow

Offline snakemansteve

• IceShanty Rookie
Not sure if it will last with this warm weather but Morgan Lake has 1 inch of ice.

Offline whateversbiting

• IceShanty Rookie
Not sure if it will last with this warm weather but Morgan Lake has 1 inch of ice.

i herd they werent stocking morgan lake this ice season not sure if true or not  but whats some buddies said

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
yes today was a warm one :( I don't plan on spudding any ice but i'm going up to check it for myself.. i won't dare bs ice under 4 inches that is certain.. but i have to see for myself how it is .. i'll follow up a report after the weekend. be safe

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
hey big joe, from the O.C. eh, do you ever fish any of those ponds in the stewart forest / mta lands? looks good from google earth imaging.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
jiignut no i haven't i really want to try but i checked them out over the summer for bass fishing most of them u have to walk a mile ur not aloud to drive on the roads unless ur hunting im not sure ice fishing though u might b able to drive a snowmobile on it but im out of luck i dont have a snowmobile

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
hey big joe, from the O.C. eh, do you ever fish any of those ponds in the stewart forest / mta lands? looks good from google earth imaging.
jiignut welcome aboard, couldn't help notice you are a newbie on IS .. this is cool.. enjoy this thread!  btw i sent you a pm.. ;) be safe out there

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Okay, who is going to try ice fishing tomorrow in sullivan county?  I'll be up before noon just to scout it out some private ponds which should be good to go ::)

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
did aney one go fishing today? i mite go look arond in the morring my self

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
privateeyes let me now how the ice is in Sullivan county thanks

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
Will do big joe , hopefully it is ready after tonight.. i'm going to take my time in the am.. call a friend and decide on bait for tipups, otherwise we travel a bit further north in search of small water.. either way, i'll report here.. i don't expect much safe ice yet and I know not to bother risky ice, gl be safe everybody

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
ok thanks there's more ice right now in my freezer then on the lakes cause of the warm weather  ;D ;D ;D

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
I know from reading this thread as well as knowing from other sources ;D I am no way rushing upstate from jersey to fall below thin ice .. i would have gone to belmar on the ocean explorer for deep water cod ling and blackfish if it weren't for helping my buddy with his heat stove which is on the blink ..secondary propane ::)it will be fun all the same

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
lucky!! i wish the ocean was closer to me all the lakes here are frozen and not safe to walk on and all the fish in the rivers are all more up river now im going crazy without fishing !! :o :o :o :o

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
yes i know i know..it does suck this bs weather.. i have my truck loade with my clam and everything to leae up there knowing my favorite lks closer to my home in nnj are worse off .. i might do saltwater..it is about the same distance about 1 1/2 hrs. each way upstate or  to  belmar.. I live in nnj .. I haven't done any wreck/ bottom fishing in a couple seasons but it is awesome when the weather is nice like it is these days.. saltwater fish taste even better than freshwater imo.. and I tasted many of both to know ,, the thing with down the shore is the damn wind and wave heights and that seasick rocking bs .. i take them over the counter pills and it helps, but I don't  like anything over 5 ft in the ocean.  If it stays this stupid warm,, I may post my party boat catches here lol ..cheers!

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
yeah might as well good luck!

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                         welcome to the shantie jiggnut a lot of info on here .... :tipup:
images.jpeg

Offline jiignut

• Team IceShanty Regular
thanks guys, i can see some late nights with all this info.   :wacko:

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
At this rate, Im going to go small game hunting again.
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
it must be spring,,my bulbs in the garden have shoots allready

Offline ak47

• IceShanty Rookie
I`ve been dreaming about fishing Cross River but couldn`t wait any more and ventured to the Adks with my buddies on Friday, Jan 6. Here`s the report, if of any interest.
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=15019.20

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
As many of you know, our friend Holehawg has been off line for some time now.....we hooked up for a morning and fished a pond local to me in Pa.   Loading pics:   

He said to tell everyone hi and that all is well......wishes that we can all get together and fish this year....

Pics:

Total was close to 2 dozen pickerel and the one walleye.......Ice slimmed down to unsafe conditions as we were leaving......Hopefully we can get another cold snap and get back out on it !!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
great job guys!! good to see Joe is still kicking! first fish on the thread this year!! :clap:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
nice fish today it feels like spring out its currently 56 out i dont think there will b many ice fishing days :'(

Offline frontrowjoe20

• IceShanty Rookie
I was out for a ride today....checked out Toronto reservoir,whitelake, and acouple others. all are averaging about 2.5 inches of solid ice...that was about 15 feet from shore....seems like we got alittle more waiting to do for the bigger bodies of water

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.