New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095913 times)

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
i my self mite look arond for some ice tomarrow in the back bays  let yous know

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
                                                                                 ready to go ! ! !    :icefish:
images.jpeg

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
I hope my wife is right, and Im wrong
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline dubc99

• IceShanty Rookie
me too. hope the ice we make the next few days stays around

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
local pond held my weight, 250lbs., 2 feet from shore. ;D

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Going out to check some small water in Sullivan County tomorrow.  I will report anything favorable.
👮👮👮

Offline john23

• IceShanty Rookie
took my spud out to the local pond. 2' feet out one inch. As long as we hold serve through the weekend we will be out by the 3rd to 4th week in January.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Founder of OC NY Ice Fishing Club
john23 i hope u r right!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
most of the lakes up my way will be ready next weekend.......Stood on 4" tonight 25 feet from shore....50 feet farther out 3"......I will be on this weekend !!!!! :tipup:

P.S.  Going out with Holehawg...will get pics...he says Hi Guys !

Offline kamilinthere

• Team IceShanty Regular
most of the lakes up my way will be ready next weekend.......Stood on 4" tonight 25 feet from shore....50 feet farther out 3"......I will be on this weekend !!!!! :tipup:

im from nyc and i wana try to get out mind sharing where thiers ice?  for the sake of starting my season?
LIFE STARTS WHEN FISHING SEASON STARTS
use camo to sneak up on the fish :D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
say hi to Joe for me Chris! good luck!!!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

im from nyc and i wana try to get out mind sharing where thiers ice?  for the sake of starting my season?

I am up in PA .....

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
i my self mite look arond for some ice tomarrow in the back bays  let yous know
I think it will be a go this weekend but probably not all frozen in the middle..what you see Dog ???

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
do u guys think the ice will stay with use with temps in the high 40's but under 32 at night?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Harriman State Park has some lakes locked up. i drove through today. ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline flounderman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • member since Dec 2005
Good luck with overly cautious rangers opening HSP. We go through this every year.....
We're still a few weeks away here in Orange County, NY.

This time last year I had a dozen or so trips already under my belt. 

Offline privateeyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
I doubt HP will open anytime soon or at all this season. we would need a jack frost miracle.

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
one of my favorite pickerel lakes in orange county is locked up with a little less then half inch of ice  ;D ;D but it will b all gone if we have these warm temps like they are saying :'( :'( :'( :'( >:( >:( >:( >:( :-\ :-\

Offline wolfpak3770

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Spike Em Joey!!!
Checked Morningside today and some other Sullivan County lakes of similar size. Ice thickness ranged form 1.5"-3" of black ice. Only went out 15 yards on each (was by myself) and it was pretty cold up there. I'd say as long as it drops into the 20's overnight, we should be good to go by this time next week.
👮👮👮

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
ok good most nights its going to!!!! i hope ur right i at least want to go out twice before i have to go back to college on the 23 !!

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
i put this on the ny thread but i guess i will put it here to. Regulation Change: As of August 17, 2011, the number of allowable lines, with or without a rod, that may be used for angling in freshwater was increased to 3 lines. Where ice fishing is permitted, 3 hand lines plus 5 tip-ups may be used

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
ok good most nights its going to!!!! i hope ur right i at least want to go out twice before i have to go back to college on the 23 !!

bring you gear up to college and fish there like i do (if you go to college up north)... fishing up north is a lot better then down here right now they are on the ice already!

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline BigJoesFishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
true but i dont bring a car up and im in a dorm room lol i wish i could there is places all over to fish in Delaware county! i bring my regular fishing gear there im trying to start a fishing team !

Offline kb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yakity yak yak, yakity yak yak
Go lite, and use a bicycle or taxi. 
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>
. .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
i put this on the ny thread but i guess i will put it here to. Regulation Change: As of August 17, 2011, the number of allowable lines, with or without a rod, that may be used for angling in freshwater was increased to 3 lines. Where ice fishing is permitted, 3 hand lines plus 5 tip-ups may be used
Really? I'm gonna check my reg book. Didn't even bother to check that this year!
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline frontrowjoe20

• IceShanty Rookie
If anyone is near Swinging Bridge or Huntington and knows the status please post. It is about an 45 min from me so a bit of a hike.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:   :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline wetdreams

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wolfpack. Thnks for letting us down in orange county know. Keep up the good work. Thanks walt

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
yeah wolf   thanks    got me dreamin again...
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
ok i need ice and fast!!! i just made a new jig that looks like it should kill from perch and crappie to walleye and pike!!!!   if they produce i will have more on the ice with me .....
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.