New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095902 times)

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
i hear their great dipped in hot butter and washed down with a cold brewski hockey... ;) ;D....

:sick:

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
Iceman, contest is Sunday 6-2. Private message me and I will try my best in getting you there

Offline homenik

• IceShanty Rookie
Beaver Dam Road is 3-3 1/2 miles on right from Woodbourne on Rt 42. There will be signs at the corner, Info is on the community page under events. It's a private pond with lots of bass and pickerel, bring lots of bait.  

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
LAKERS ARE AWESOME   SMOKED!  they have a high fat content in the meat, when you cook them its best on the rack so it can cook out and off.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline iceman92

• IceShanty Rookie
thanks alot guys fo the info. do u know what the enrty fees are thanks agian guys
icefishing animal (only happy when im on the ice)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
holehawg you going next weekend contest?
yepper me and topher will be there...and we'll prob see ya this sat at highland....

Offline Extremes74

• IceShanty Rookie
Iceman, I was thinking of going myself and so I gave a ring over there.  Gentleman on the phone said $10.00 for Adults, Kids under 12 free!
Not even the big ones get away!

Offline iceman92

• IceShanty Rookie
thanks for the info extremes74. looking like i will be fishing both days thanks alot
icefishing animal (only happy when im on the ice)

Offline brycro

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anybody been on Hessian Lake at all?  Don't know if it is even open but I am from Stony Point and now live in Albany area so I was wondering.  Took a couple rainbows and browns out the ice two years ago.  tricky place though. 
I envy not him that eats better meat than I do; nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do; I envy him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do. – Izaak Walton

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
yepper me and topher will be there...and we'll prob see ya this sat at highland....

See you guys tomorrow !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Anybody been on Hessian Lake at all?  Don't know if it is even open but I am from Stony Point and now live in Albany area so I was wondering.  Took a couple rainbows and browns out the ice two years ago.  tricky place though. 
only fished once, years ago, but it's open this year.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
very slow today but ran out of bait damn slime darts all about 10 inches ate a good 20 bait ended up with 2 perch 

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
NOT A BAD DAY FOR WHITE OUT CONDITIONS,,3 SMALLIES,,18-22 INCH,7 PICKERAL,,KEPT 3 FOR DINNER,,ALL 3,,23INCH,,LOST TWO BROWNS AT THE HOLE     

Offline Paulypicc

• IceShanty Rookie
how the hell do you post pics up on this lol

Offline semperfi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • SULLIVAN COUNTY NY
how the hell do you post pics up on this lol

I'm making this a separate post so members can find it easier  (updated 1-3-08)

Picture Posting Instructions;(from rgfixit with a few modifications)

Your photos must be stored online in order to post them.

You can open a free account with  www.photobucket.com, www.myfishingpictures. com, or www.hunt101.com

The following instructions are for photobucket account members:

To add an Avatar picture to your account...

1st - resize the picture you want to a maximum of 120 x 120 pixels on your computer.
2nd - open up another window to photobucket and upload that photo to your photobucket account.
3rd - Left click on "Direct Link" for that picture (this will copy the photo info)
4th - Open your Iceshanty "profile", then click on "forum profile information" and paste the address to the "I have my own picture" box and check that box. .
5th - Then click on the "change profile" button on the bottom right of that page.
Your avatar should now be displayed in all your posts. You can change your avatar at any time

To post pictures to the site...

1. Upload your pictures to your photobucket account.
2. Resize any pictures you'd like to post to a maximum of 400x600 pixels. Larger pictures distort the forum page and take longer to load. This can be done easily in Photobucket using the "Edit" options.
3. Open your photobucket album and find the photo you want to add. Place your cursor over the picture and a drop down menu will appear. Left click on "IMG Code". (this will copy the photo info)
 4. Go to your post you want to add it to on iceshanty.com, right click and "paste" the info.
(if you copy the image code, it already has the "img" tags on the address and no further action is needed.)

For other photo storage sites that don't install the "img" codes onto your photo addresses, you'll have to add them manually.

The "Add BBC tags:" tool bar is at the top of every message dialog below the "Subject" dialog box and the "Message icon". In the lower row, click on the 2nd icon from the left...the "Insert Image" icon(it looks like a small picture).

The command [ img][/img] will appear in your text message.
Paste the address of your picture between the commands like this;
[ img]paste your image location here [ /img]
Be sure not to add any spaces or other characters.

Preview your post to be sure your picture is there and then choose post.

Offline Paulypicc

• IceShanty Rookie
thanks man
ok so today got a brookie and pickrl not to bad nce brookie though

Offline Paulypicc

• IceShanty Rookie
both thrown back.. sharing is caring lol

Offline gosha

• IceShanty Rookie
thanks man
ok so today got a brookie and pickrl not to bad nce brookie though

(Image removed from quote.)
I would have kepted that panfry ;D definitely cool though to let that breeder go unharmed. Obiously adk or private lk. nice show.. I did poorly today, only two crappie and a few other small pannie toss backs. I tried another lk too today and everybody I met wasn't doing much.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
nice job guys!!!!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Highland gave up a load of dink perch today, counted close to 100....several pickerel, 1 crappie and 1 LM bass....conditions sucked big time...with the warm up coming this week....gonna be a pain out there next weekend.....HoleHawg, you still alive down there ??????????

Offline Rpc470

• IceShanty Rookie
I would have kepted that panfry ;D definitely cool though to let that breeder go unharmed. Obiously adk or private lk. nice show.. I did poorly today, only two crappie and a few other small pannie toss backs. I tried another lk too today and everybody I met wasn't doing much.

Neither adk or private, Sylvan in dutchess

Offline gosha

• IceShanty Rookie
Neither adk or private, Sylvan in dutchess
I'll check it out ;) What I find pretty amazing, how that chargrew so big among all those toothy pickerel. I will look this lk up on DEC site. I might get out for a few hrs today in harriman, slow start this morning , yesterday was the beer day :P

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
from lake welch yesterday.

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
fished cascade lake the other day. me and fishon22. nothing big but got a good variety. we caught 3 perch 2 crappie a dozen sunnies and a small pickerel all jigging. as we left we see this bright red sign saying no icefishing. i swear to it i never saw it when i walked in. looked brand new. so i guess time to find more spots. possibly trying glenmeare some time next week and then a Harrimen lake next. what harrimen lake would you recomed anyone.

• Team IceShanty Regular
just brought the marcum vx1 pro. hopefully it gets in soon so i can use it.  ;D

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>

ShawnM and I were at Highland yesterday as well. Windy all day and it was near a white out for a while. Dink perch were everywhere and we caught pickerel .. a few were nice.

Those who are brave are free ..

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I drove over yesterday to Beach Lake to fetch my ATV from the shop. Stopped by the Sand Beach bar and saw you guys out there in near white out conditions.

Things sure are not looking very promising for Saturday's contest with the weather reports for this week so far.

It would be nice to hear the conditions of Ice, slush and snow that you guys were in yesterday. I'm pretty sure the wheelrs will be a no go and the parking might also be at a premium unless they do a lot of plowing this week.

Any opinions?
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I drove over yesterday to Beach Lake to fetch my ATV from the shop. Stopped by the Sand Beach bar and saw you guys out there in near white out conditions.

Things sure are not looking very promising for Saturday's contest with the weather reports for this week so far.

It would be nice to hear the conditions of Ice, slush and snow that you guys were in yesterday. I'm pretty sure the wheelrs will be a no go and the parking might also be at a premium unless they do a lot of plowing this week.

Any opinions?

yesterday saw blown snow, 2-3" crust, 6-8" slush, then 18" or so mixed black/white ice...the walk was quite a pain, as was retrieving flags......

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
fished cascade lake the other day. me and fishon22. nothing big but got a good variety. we caught 3 perch 2 crappie a dozen sunnies and a small pickerel all jigging. as we left we see this bright red sign saying no icefishing. i swear to it i never saw it when i walked in. looked brand new. so i guess time to find more spots. possibly trying glenmeare some time next week and then a Harrimen lake next. what harrimen lake would you recomed anyone.
Lake Welch or Lake Tiorati

• Team IceShanty Regular
thankyou pooley. you are a great help on here

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.