New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095967 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'll let you know  ;D  in the meantime, I gotta restring the Jiffy AGAIN  >:( only got 21 holes out of it today....only good thing is that it started on the pull that the cord broke......only 2 perch jigging this AM 1 flag ( missed it )   gonna try this afternoon after 3 for eyes at the local honeyhole....good thing I have my hand auger  ;)
report from son in law r and d mission 16 " pick and a buzz... ;) ;D sounds like our run of the mill lake....i'll give it the big test next sunday ;) ;D.. ps topher if ya need parts (temcumsh) son in law has stuff.. hes johns small engine/ mower shop in port jervis...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
one word------Strikemaster! LOL!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D i'll race ya....lol.. ;) i aint frankie with that  sears battery/ "brace and bit" thingy.... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
report from son in law r and d mission 16 " pick and a buzz... ;) ;D sounds like our run of the mill lake....i'll give it the big test next sunday ;) ;D.. ps topher if ya need parts (temcumsh) son in law has stuff.. hes johns small engine/ mower shop in port jervis...

John's does Strike Master too!
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
John's does Strike Master too!
hes also gonna do a simplicity snow thrower  cause his father in law has one with a broken shift handle and its stuck in reverse... ;) ;D...poor kid..i told him not to marry my daughter ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Who was on stahahe today?... ;D  Tomorrow I'll definitely need more spikes!  lol love my new 32oz skirt jigs, I killed em everything game species and some are quite impressive :P all bass (well over a dozen) safely released and the scrappies were there ..three on the tape 12" yellows and a 9" and a 10" scrappie to add to the bowl  ;D
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
one word------Strikemaster! LOL!

::)

4 words.....Get the carb tuned......darn thing no matter what I do to it, it always starts hard......back to square one....

Pooley, I did try a new StrikeLite 4 stroke.....very light and drills pretty fast....haven't got 500 to buy one though...even if I did, I'd buy a Nils with the Tanaka powered engine......8" bit, 19 total pounds....10" Jiffy.....37 lbs

Offline dwitte62

• Team IceShanty Regular
took a ride to sylvan lake today to check out the ice situation and idk about 20 ft off shore it was a good 10 inches of ice. then went out to about 50 ft id say and it went to 6 inches roughly. so im going to hit it up tomorrow after noon i know theres springs in that lake but i dont know where they are. the only parking i really saw there was a small area with a sign that said boat loading only and no trespassing signs this was on sylvan lake road right after the camp heading north. i see alot of tracks going onto the ice but wanted to know if anyone knew if its ok to park there.

Offline dwitte62

• Team IceShanty Regular
took a ride to sylvan lake today to check out the ice situation and idk about 20 ft off shore it was a good 10 inches of ice. then went out to about 50 ft id say and it went to 6 inches roughly. so im going to hit it up tomorrow after noon i know theres springs in that lake but i dont know where they are. the only parking i really saw there was a small area with a sign that said boat loading only and no trespassing signs this was on sylvan lake road right after the camp heading north. i see alot of tracks going onto the ice but wanted to know if anyone knew if its ok to park there.

Thats the only public parking there. Everything else around the lake is private.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Seen gas augers on stahahe today..bringing mine to the park tomorrow even though my6" hand lazer zips through effortlessly.
lonelywolf lol

Offline robertLSFD

• IceShanty Rookie
Swan lake Fire deptment
Sunday, January 23 · 6:00am - 9:00am
Registration And Breakfast 6am At Swan lake Park
Pre - Registration jan 16 at the swan lake fire house between 3-5 pm
$10.00 per person
Bait fish, hot food will be available, holes drilled for a donation
make up date will be on feb 20
 Call (845)292-6918

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Stahahe was rocking early today. slowed by the time people started showing up.  ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
I came home watched an excellent 2nd half , filleted and panfried a plate full of the best tasting freshwater fish around! http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/lakemich/yellowperch.pdf  not to mention a couple of scrappies!  I have some leftover for a fish sandwich tomorrow  ;)
lonelywolf lol

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Stahahe was rocking early today. slowed by the time people started showing up.  ;D
what kind of fish?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
what kind of fish?

lots of bass, some pickerel,perch and crappie.

Skanatati and Askoti have them, plus stocked brown trout. ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey Topher, one word, Bad BS Ethanol gas! Get the carb  cleaned and tuned and ask them about a better mix ratio. Ethanol is alcohol and breaks down a lot quicker then the petro gas we used to use. My SM is running pretty Snitty these days too and the plug is dark and wet. I have to carry a new plug with me. Junk gas!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
We put the hurt onthe fish today at Sylvan Lake!  My buds Corey and Dan joined me for a day full of LM Bass (including  one lunker abt. 6+ lbs) , Pickerel, and one lonely Gill.   Large crowd on the ice, including a couple of IS guys.  Ice thickness vried from a low of abt. 3" to abt. 8 inches, with areas of bad slush under a very few inches of snow.  We fished from about 11 AM to 4 PM.
Going out again tomorrow, probably to one of the reservoirs in Westchester.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey Topher, one word, Bad BS Ethanol gas! Get the carb  cleaned and tuned and ask them about a better mix ratio. Ethanol is alcohol and breaks down a lot quicker then the petro gas we used to use. My SM is running pretty Snitty these days too and the plug is dark and wet. I have to carry a new plug with me. Junk gas!

I have access to/use non ethanol fuel with Stabil additive.....combine that with Opti-2 oil at 70:1    its just the starting and low idle....at full revs the thing purrs like a tiger.....

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I have access to/use non ethanol fuel with Stabil additive.....combine that with Opti-2 oil at 70:1    its just the starting and low idle....at full revs the thing purrs like a tiger.....

Cool, Talk to John about a carb rebuild and possibly a hotter plug. Don't know how old the Jif is but ethanol eats O rings and seals in older models not designed for it. I have a 6 HP evinrude that has run perfect for 40 years and then quit. Took the carb apart and the all the rubber seals were in the bowl disintegrated.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Cool, Talk to John about a carb rebuild and possibly a hotter plug. Don't know how old the Jif is but ethanol eats O rings and seals in older models not designed for it. I have a 6 HP evinrude that has run perfect for 40 years and then quit. Took the carb apart and the all the rubber seals were in the bowl disintegrated.

The Parts Manager at the dealership I work at is a really good small engine guy...I have to take it in Monday...between the 2 of us, we should be able to fix it right !   Otherwise, it will be on the market in useable condition  ;)

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I came home watched an excellent 2nd half , filleted and panfried a plate full of the best tasting freshwater fish around! http://dnr.wi.gov/fish/lakemich/yellowperch.pdf  not to mention a couple of scrappies!  I have some leftover for a fish sandwich tomorrow  ;)
what part of the lake did you fish ??  ;D

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
what part of the lake did you fish ??  ;D
pm sent
lonelywolf lol

Offline dwitte62

• Team IceShanty Regular
Went to Walton today. Great day to be outside. Not alot of flags but worth the wait. Got a brown 25 inches just shy of 7lbs. If I can figure it out I'll post a picture. Also got a couple of LM Bass and one Smallie all about 2-3lbs.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Went to Walton today. Great day to be outside. Not alot of flags but worth the wait. Got a brown 25 inches just shy of 7lbs. If I can figure it out I'll post a picture. Also got a couple of LM Bass and one Smallie all about 2-3lbs.
get a free photobucket account.
download pic from your computer.
click on IMG Code.
paste in the reply box. ;)

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
pooley, was that you again on stahahe? I noticed a particular stance jigger on the ice  lol.. if not sorry had to ask ;D
lonelywolf lol

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
pooley, was that you again on stahahe? I noticed a particular stance jigger on the ice  lol.. if not sorry had to ask ;D
I was there til 10 or so. i wasn't one of the Russians. ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
JETS!!!!!!!!! ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS !!!!

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
I was there til 10 or so. i wasn't one of the Russians. ;)
I was the red sled, heard those guys and started thinking never ever post to much on an open forum.. not that it matters but..it might help ::) met bloodgrove his dad and his friend, bite wasn't as good as previous days per hole but I managed a few.
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS !!!!
YEAH MAN SEEN THAT!!!
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Bring on the Steelers !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum