New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095798 times)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Hi folks, new to the forum, just started reading and realized i see some people that fish around in Harriman where im at. Just wanted to wave a hand and say hello, i will keep an eye open for good ice and list it here when i find any. Hope all is well, have a good one...

Welcome to IceShanty....but ESPECIALLY Welcome to our SouthEastern NY thread!!!  Always nice to have new "Blood" in the crew!!  Hope you're young and strong..... need someone to help schlepp my gear onto the ice!!! LOL

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Welcome to IceShanty....but ESPECIALLY Welcome to our SouthEastern NY thread!!!  Always nice to have new "Blood" in the crew!!  Hope you're young and strong..... need someone to help schlepp my gear onto the ice!!! LOL

Can you guys tell me when y'all are fishing Huntington? I'd like to tag along !

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
i just fished swing bride the 25 for a few hrs,  most ice is 6 to 8 ins.  out from free launch to the right some ice is just 4 ins in the middle  be care full  i onely crappie jig inf  in 40 ft of water                                                                             

yoh moon dog 200, so they dropped the cable  or you park outside? I really want to try swb next time i'm up that way. It is definitely tough water no doubt but I like the challenge. We caught about half dozen small tossem back crappie jigging there too. I know the big ones have to be there too. gl and be safe hope to see you again soon good buddy

lonelywolf lol

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
the cable is still there  now the snow well sink the ice

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Yes, it is a blizzard here too, just got off the phone with my partner and we have no plans yet. I wish you a safe new years and good fishing.
lonelywolf lol

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
thank you every one be safe

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Can you guys tell me when y'all are fishing Huntington? I'd like to tag along !
thursday and /or friday fer me....maybe sat too if the weather forcast fer rain holds off..... :tipup: :-\ :tipup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thursday and /or friday fer me....maybe sat too if the weather forcast fer rain holds off..... :tipup: :-\ :tipup:

Alright, I'll keep an eye on things at the shop to see if Thurs/Fri are available for me...I hope they are....no snow accumulating here yet, too much wind out of the north....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Alright, I'll keep an eye on things at the shop to see if Thurs/Fri are available for me...I hope they are....no snow accumulating here yet, too much wind out of the north....
no  big snow here..got around 2 inches ...but the wind is blowing it all over the place.... ::)

Offline dwitte62

• Team IceShanty Regular
anywhere from 20-26 inches here in Orange County. We can forget Harriman for awhile.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
we got about 2 feet here, with crazy drifts!! :o ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
no  big snow here..got around 2 inches ...but the wind is blowing it all over the place.... ::)

just about the same.....but the wind blew it all away..still hoping for Thursday !!!!!

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
anywhere from 20-26 inches here in Orange County. We can forget Harriman for awhile.
hear u on that one

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
building hit by lightning last night

rear bay of firehouse

my driveway
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline BloodGroove4570

• IceShanty Rookie
I hate to say it but i dont think this snow is going to help us out any >:(. Has anyone here been out anywhere besides swingin bridge? Anybody planning any trips upstate?
There's never a dull moment

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Ok, I'm clear for Thursday and will be there.....I hope the fish cooperate !!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
me too...huntington right ????? or are we going else where ????????

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm going up that way thur. morn-too much snow down here, hope to see you guys

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I'm going up that way thur. morn-too much snow down here, hope to see you guys
be good to meet ya bc....

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
What a blizzard that was! looks like it was two feet here. I was out there all day shoveling. Now the weather forcast is 50s towards the weekend! I doubt I'll be going anywhere with all that thaw and flooding. Maybe it might be a good time to plan a trip way upstate weather permitting of coarse
lonelywolf lol

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
be good to meet ya bc....
we met him last year at the gathering. he was the new guy! NYPD.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
This storm crippled this region. It looks like local ice fishing won't be good to go if 50 degree weather is in the forecast. I can only imagine flooding is likely and the lakes will be unsafe with the extra wet ontop. JMHO, be careful if you think otherwise
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
me too...huntington right ????? or are we going else where ????????

Huntington

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Looks like the trip is ON!!  Just heard from Yulan area that snow was only abt 2 inches.  But it took me three hours to clear my own driveway and sidewalks here on L.I.  By tomorrow morning the damn plows will have me blocked in again!!!

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Looks like the trip is ON!!  Just heard from Yulan area that snow was only abt 2 inches.  But it took me three hours to clear my own driveway and sidewalks here on L.I.  By tomorrow morning the damn plows will have me blocked in again!!!

only 3 hours???? lol i started at 3:30 AM and finished about 6:30 PM!!!!   i just pry i will be able to walk then!!! lol
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good luck gang! we are setting up something for friday, maybe Huntington. (leave my crappies alone! LOL!)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
good luck gang! we are setting up something for friday, maybe Huntington. (leave my crappies alone! LOL!)
is that why iceballs is going wensday eve and thursday???   ill leave a few!!!   lol   really i hope to get something, never fished there before.
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
lmao.... topher has that new toy ya know....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

I think we will..........I may steal some of your trout though  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.