New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095948 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey Guys !!!!   Happy Holidays !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/lYaaVcsmvr1Pj7GH
merry xmas buddy.... ;D..hey you know them old tip ups i showed ya....i think i'm gonna patent them...got it in my head to start a side tip up biz like jack traps  :tipup:  ...i might be  nutz but..... ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
merry xmas buddy.... ;D..hey you know them old tip ups i showed ya....i think i'm gonna patent them...got it in my head to start a side tip up biz like jack traps  :tipup:  ...i might be  nutz but..... ;D
sounds like a plan Joe!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS, TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick

go for it, I may have to do the same thing with my tipdowns I make....just have to change the design a little bit......

And as Always, Merry Christmas to all of you and your families and friends, let it be a safe holiday for us all !

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Guys !!!!   Happy Holidays !!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://sendables.jibjab.com/view/lYaaVcsmvr1Pj7GH

awesome  :icefish:

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL...   spent the day on superior again   had fun but only kept about 10 or so    but a few nice ones to remember, 4 1/2 bass on my ultralight with 2lb test was a blast!!! even 3 pickerel on it!!! get out when ya can and good luck to all, be safe!!!
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE !!!

Hey Guys..... Planning a trip up to Huntington / Highland this coming Weds. & Thurs.   Staying at Fosterdale Motor Lodge on Weds.
Anybody not working and want to meet there????  Probably get to Huntington about 3 or 4 PM Weds.....fish into the dark.  Thurs. either back to Huntington or up to Highland for the day.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular

Hey Guys..... Planning a trip up to Huntington / Highland this coming Weds. & Thurs.   Staying at Fosterdale Motor Lodge on Weds.
Anybody not working and want to meet there????  Probably get to Huntington about 3 or 4 PM Weds.....fish into the dark.  Thurs. either back to Huntington or up to Highland for the day.
I'LL BE AT HUNTINGTON TUES OR WED. MORNING (WILL LET YOU KNOW WHATS UP).......

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac

i can do ....will meet ya there....lets chat on this further

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Santa thought I was good this year !   Boy I had her fooled   ;)   Got my NY license, a pair of ice armor gloves, and a bunch of new lures and fishing stuff !!@!!!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
A Merry Christmas to all my fellow ice addicts glad to hear some of you have already been out on the ice. I infected my computer in early Dec. with some type of virus/worm so I will be out of the loop for a while.
Steve

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Santa thought I was good this year !   Boy I had her fooled   ;)   Got my NY license, a pair of ice armor gloves, and a bunch of new lures and fishing stuff !!@!!!!!
:bow: :bow: :bow:
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good old santa! LOL! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline numinous

• IceShanty Rookie
  • When the going gets tough the tough go fishing!
Posted this on the general thread, but thought I would duplicate here. I would be interested in any Orange Cty lakes info. I know Glenmere well and Greenwood a little, but what about Walton and Round for trout? Orange lake? I was hoping to fish King of the Ice also. I have a button from fishing it in '85 or '86. I've just moved back to NY after living in Atlanta and Nashville for 23 years. My brother handed over some ice fishing equipment and I'm rarin' to go. Of course I have not fished thru hard water for almost 25 years so I was hoping I could get some general info from the forum. More about baits and lakes and equipment than anything else. Not looking for anyone to give up a honeyhole. Primarily interested in 'eyes, perch, trout/salmon. Any info appreciated. And no, I don't have a southern drawl.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Posted this on the general thread, but thought I would duplicate here. I would be interested in any Orange Cty lakes info. I know Glenmere well and Greenwood a little, but what about Walton and Round for trout? Orange lake? I was hoping to fish King of the Ice also. I have a button from fishing it in '85 or '86. I've just moved back to NY after living in Atlanta and Nashville for 23 years. My brother handed over some ice fishing equipment and I'm rarin' to go. Of course I have not fished thru hard water for almost 25 years so I was hoping I could get some general info from the forum. More about baits and lakes and equipment than anything else. Not looking for anyone to give up a honeyhole. Primarily interested in 'eyes, perch, trout/salmon. Any info appreciated. And no, I don't have a southern drawl.
lmao...hey southern drawls are welcome ::).....i.m holehawg about hr  north of ya...up in the sullivan county area theres a whole mess of lakes for ya to fish..plus a bunch of us try to get together a couple times a year to fish ...keep on here  fer news and info...

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Our first big snow storm approaches :o Pooley, what is the heads up on harriman? I got to call in the am just to see if they are open. Merry xmas to all!
lonelywolf lol

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Drove through Harriman today, nothing open. I doubt that will change during a holiday weekend as everyone probably has off.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
ty for the report, I kinda figured that too. I guess the snow is going to mess things up anyway. I know they need to test the ice thickness and that usually takes time.  ::) maybe two weeks :o ;D Think I'll wait till after the big front and hope for the best. ;)
lonelywolf lol

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Call the phone number and ask them to check the ice, if enough of us call, hopefully they will check more frequently. They seem to be lazy about it for some reason.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Call the phone number and ask them to check the ice, if enough of us call, hopefully they will check more frequently. They seem to be lazy about it for some reason.
I will call but i just ask, that is all I can do..I respect the reasons why they are extra careful .. pooley explained all about the citiots and I understand there is a liabilty thing in that park. But I will call in the am..
lonelywolf lol

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Well,  You guys know I'm NUTS, but how about we do THIS:::

NORTHERN CHALLENGE     FEB. 5   TUPPER LAKE (adirondaks)

$33,000 in prizes     2 new 4-Wheeler ATV's   Several 50/50's

Anybody interested??  Maybe we can book a bunch of rooms and get a discount.

Offline ice boy19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
woahhhh. its been awhile  ;D ;D ;D :tipup:

NEW YORK'S #1 GAMEFISH

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
What a sweetheart voice on the phone this am  ;D anyway,  lake tiorati circle said fourscorner and laurel meadows pond is open but the others still remain closed. Prbably sometime well after this approaching snow storm. Alot of fish get to live another day!
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Well,  You guys know I'm NUTS, but how about we do THIS:::

NORTHERN CHALLENGE     FEB. 5   TUPPER LAKE (adirondaks)

$33,000 in prizes     2 new 4-Wheeler ATV's   Several 50/50's

Anybody interested??  Maybe we can book a bunch of rooms and get a discount.
I'm interested in entering a big prize gerby, I have the ice fishing gear but no ATV or snowmobile to drag my stuff out on big lks. .. I imagine it would be a big disadvantage going it on foot on tupper lk.
lonelywolf lol

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
glenmere is one lake i'd like to hit this year. walton is good for brown trout, when there hitting, but can be tough at times. harriman and sterling forest have a flag system that you have to follow. greenwood has an access issue. look here for info, or on the thread below.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=20482.0

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
i just fished swing bride the 25 for a few hrs,  most ice is 6 to 8 ins.  out from free launch to the right some ice is just 4 ins in the middle  be care full  i onely crappie jig inf  in 40 ft of water                                                                            

Offline moon_dog200

• IceShanty Rookie
only caught 2 crappie in 40 ft of water both small

Offline BloodGroove4570

• IceShanty Rookie
Hi folks, new to the forum, just started reading and realized i see some people that fish around in Harriman where im at. Just wanted to wave a hand and say hello, i will keep an eye open for good ice and list it here when i find any. Hope all is well, have a good one...
There's never a dull moment

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Hi folks, new to the forum, just started reading and realized i see some people that fish around in Harriman where im at. Just wanted to wave a hand and say hello, i will keep an eye open for good ice and list it here when i find any. Hope all is well, have a good one...
welcome Blood!

Offline iceslammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
welcome to the site hope you enjoy it as much as the rest of us

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.