New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095984 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
was on 7" here today....will post pics later  ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
was on 7" here today....will post pics later  ;)
nice!!!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
was on 7" here today....will post pics later  ;)

first fish of the season !

took these home to eat

guess the length of this one....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
topher7694
Where did you go today NY or PA ?
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
topher7694
Where did you go today NY or PA ?

PA

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Nice pics.. I almost made it around noon today but I got called out for a job. Tomorrow I am going to try where I was thurs. Superior should have more ice than the 4in of black ice i walked on this past thursday. SWB was open thursday too so I doubt I would venture too far from the ramp ..and the ramp was locked thursday. Anybody want to meet tomorrow somewhere let me know.
lonelywolf lol

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice pics.. I almost made it around noon today but I got called out for a job. Tomorrow I am going to try where I was thurs. Superior should have more ice than the 4in of black ice i walked on this past thursday. SWB was open thursday too so I doubt I would venture too far from the ramp ..and the ramp was locked thursday. Anybody want to meet tomorrow somewhere let me know.
Hey mtbusch! I'm going up that way mon. morn.

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
just got back from highland 6-7 inches of black ice.   Lots of perch and many pickerel.  1 pickerel 26 inches plus.  Really nice fish.  Back to bite another day.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
just got back from highland 6-7 inches of black ice.   Lots of perch and many pickerel.  1 pickerel 26 inches plus.  Really nice fish.  Back to bite another day.

any size to the perch?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
I'm not sure where I'll land , got to do my thing..if swb is open and I see good ice I might try it on the way up. I know superior is better than 4 and probably around 6 inches by now. As I mentioned, was there thurs.late in the day and cut a couple holes.. me and my partner released a few dinks each and three pickerel jigging out from the ramp. If swb is no access, i'll try superior again. From there I might travel further north depending on what is happening. BC, I'm not sure yet if i'm sticking it out for monday but if you go good luck!
lonelywolf lol

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Hey mtbusch! I'm going up that way mon. morn.
if you would like to get together i am game to try somewhere else on monday. where ya headin???
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Keep it only if your going to eat it"
Those are some nice fish you caught there topher :o

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
is there public access on highland? where abouts if so plz...

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
any size to the perch?

no topher all smaller

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!

pdbjr;  Did you get on Highland at the Sand Beach Bar or the back end??  If at Sand Beach, did you see anyone at the bar??  Are they open??

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
I went in from the back side didnt even look at the bar.  I do know the parking lot didnt have a rope across it but that may change.

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
had another hot day at morningside...   but these lil gills are getting boring   wanna try superior tomorrow. i mean catching like 150-200 gills is fun as hell but when they all so small you only get 10 or so good keepers  you start to look for the larger fish!!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
no topher all smaller

I would love to fish that hole lake and find the big perch that have to reside under the ice....as well as the crappies.  I have an idea where to fish for them, but....

On another note, I fished the same lake today as I did yesterday....several HH pickerel on tip ups and jigging, a couple perch, 1 LM bass on a tip up, and then the granddaddy of them all.....A fish that I had heard stories that they populate the lake...4:15 this afternoon  A WALLY !!!!!!

Offline icefisherman10990

• Team IceShanty Regular
MORNINGSIDE HAS 6 1/2 INCHES AND A FAST GILL BITE ON WAXXIES ABOUT FIRST LIGHT TILL 10 THEN 3:30 TILL WELL AFTER DARK I HAD TO LEAVE AT 5   BUT NEVER THAT EARLY AGAIN. ITS A BLAST BUT ALOT OF THE ACTION IS SMALL ONLY KEPT 19   LET GO ABOUT 80-100

were is morningside. any help please?

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
morningside is a small pond right by sullivan county collage gps for 11 morningside rd hurleyville ny   but i am not joking about the size  they are small a 8 inch gill is big there. if you are bringing kids its the place to teach them how to jig!!! alot of action a few times a day

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
I would love to fish that hole lake and find the big perch that have to reside under the ice....as well as the crappies.  I have an idea where to fish for them, but....

On another note, I fished the same lake today as I did yesterday....several HH pickerel on tip ups and jigging, a couple perch, 1 LM bass on a tip up, and then the granddaddy of them all.....A fish that I had heard stories that they populate the lake...4:15 this afternoon  A WALLY !!!!!!
sweet topher!

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hole where do you get your bait when you fish in ny?  I got bait this weekend and paid 4/dozen and they were tiny.  I dont mind paying more if the bait is good sized.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hole where do you get your bait when you fish in ny?  I got bait this weekend and paid 4/dozen and they were tiny.  I dont mind paying more if the bait is good sized.
toms bait and bullets in narrowsburg...right next to pecks market...toms bait is good..and pecks beer prices aint too bad.... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
toms bait and bullets in narrowsburg...right next to pecks market...toms bait is good..and pecks beer prices aint too bad.... ;) ;D

all in one stop and shop !

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
GOT OUT ON HUNTINGTON EARLY THIS MORNING FOR A FEW HOURS(5" ICE EVERYWHERE I WALKED) CAUGHT A HALF DOZEN GILLS AND 1 SMALL PICK, HAD ABOUT 5 MISSED FLAGS EARLY (SHOULD HAVE TRIED THE NEW TIP DOWNS)...... COULD'NT FIND THE CRAPPIES.....

HEY TOPHER! THANKS FOR THE TIP ON THE VX (WORKS GREAT)......     

MET MTBUSCH (GOOD GUY) HOPE HE HAD SOME LUCK AFTER I LEFT......

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
GOT OUT ON HUNTINGTON EARLY THIS MORNING FOR A FEW HOURS(5" ICE EVERYWHERE I WALKED) CAUGHT A HALF DOZEN GILLS AND 1 SMALL PICK, HAD ABOUT 5 MISSED FLAGS EARLY (SHOULD HAVE TRIED THE NEW TIP DOWNS)...... COULD'NT FIND THE CRAPPIES.....

nice to hear BC !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!

hot diggity! i'll tell my gang tonight. we are having our christmas party at the hook & ladder!  :P

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
hot diggity! i'll tell my gang tonight. we are having our christmas party at the hook & ladder!  :P
HEY POOLEY! ANY WORD ON HARRIMAN OR GREENWOOD?     

EVERYTHING NEAR ME HAS ABOUT 3".......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.