New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095840 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Is there a set date for the gathering?
i'll set something up soon.

i stopped at Fish307 today, as i was up in that area making a delivery. what a great selection of jigs!!!!!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
i'll set something up soon.

i stopped at Fish307 today, as i was up in that area making a delivery. what a great selection of jigs!!!!!

if there are any in particular that you want, let me know, they will be at the Syracuse show this weekend !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
if there are any in particular that you want, let me know, they will be at the Syracuse show this weekend !
i bought some! :P  i wish i was going to the show though!!!! have fun!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
TFB and the baby will be going to the Carousel Mall while I'm at the show...she told me to buy myself something for Christmas from her  ;)

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
doe tag #1 is filled...2 fer 3 so far...the deer gods are being kind to mr. holehawg this year... ;) ;D

sooner or later i'm gonna have to drop the hammer !! lol

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
sooner or later i'm gonna have to drop the hammer !! lol
coming home from damascus i saw a slammer on a guys lawn just down from that chipper  f.guy who does body work.... lots of deer on your road.... ;) just looking... ;D

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
GOT my 6 pointer yesterday, now its time to fish!!!!!!!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
GOT my 6 pointer yesterday, now its time to fish!!!!!!!!!
congrats on the buck...if i can fill 1 more doe tag.... i too will be dragging out the tip ups.... :tipup: ;D :tipup:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey topher....where we fished  under the bridge is making ice....perhaps we should try for wallys and such where you chased the ducks... ;D

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular
coming home from damascus i saw a slammer on a guys lawn just down from that chipper  f.guy who does body work.... lots of deer on your road.... ;) just looking... ;D

hey you weren't on the dirt road behind my house the other day were ya? saw a vehicle like yours -- i shot a doe a few years ago that had a nice buck following her- never saw him till it was too late  sooo every time i'm lining up on a doe that thought goes through my mind and the doe gets away cause i'm too busy watching behind her lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey topher....where we fished  under the bridge is making ice....perhaps we should try for wallys and such where you chased the ducks... ;D

might be a good idea.....I'm heading out Sunday to find a frozen lake to check Ice....I know there are a couple that are ready to go, but to be on the safe side, I'm just checking some Sunday

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Small waters should be good here (walking only) for Saturday. Low twentys today and single digits tonight.  
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey you weren't on the dirt road behind my house the other day were ya? saw a vehicle like yours -- i shot a doe a few years ago that had a nice buck following her- never saw him till it was too late  sooo every time i'm lining up on a doe that thought goes through my mind and the doe gets away cause i'm too busy watching behind her lol
twas me... ;) ;D ...got bored with driving the millianville rd all the time....yeah i know what ya mean...i've blown some meat shooting too... ::)...this year i'm killing and filling... ;) ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
might be a good idea.....I'm heading out Sunday to find a frozen lake to check Ice....I know there are a couple that are ready to go, but to be on the safe side, I'm just checking some Sunday
i figure next weekend i can set up on the cove of the mighty d fer wallys....i do the same old ice test...i send my 278 lb son in law out first on a rope... ;) ;D

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
let me borrow him for a day.  ;D
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
good luck guys. rain and 46 degrees here on sunday! >:( but cold weather after that! ;D

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
I just drove through Harriman State Park and every lake is iced over.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Its starting boys and girls.......Syracuse bound !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
enjoy it topher!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
enjoy it topher!
yepper... try not to jump start the recession up there....tfb will kill ya...... ;) ;D :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, we made it to the Dino for dinner/lunch and upon finding out some information, we decided to just head back home......no show tonight...Pooley, sending you a PM....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, we made it to the Dino for dinner/lunch and upon finding out some information, we decided to just head back home......no show tonight...Pooley, sending you a PM....
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
I just drove through Harriman State Park and every lake is iced over.
same here in Orange Co.-hope we don't get the rain they"re talking about..........

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
Well I went out today to head to tractor supply and I decided to drive by some lakes on the way.  Highland had a guy fishing on it.  which he said was 2 1/2 to 3 inches.  Crazy SOB.  Swan Lake had 2 people on it.  And lastly morningside had about 12-15 guys on it.  So all and all looks like the season starts next weekend for me which is great considering Big game ends tomorrow.  Suppose to get rain tomorrow and then all next week is suppose to be below freezing for the whole week.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Well I went out today to head to tractor supply and I decided to drive by some lakes on the way.  Highland had a guy fishing on it.  which he said was 2 1/2 to 3 inches.  Crazy SOB.  Swan Lake had 2 people on it.  And lastly morningside had about 12-15 guys on it.  So all and all looks like the season starts next weekend for me which is great considering Big game ends tomorrow.  Suppose to get rain tomorrow and then all next week is suppose to be below freezing for the whole week.
Redneck, I'm looking for a down to ice fishing man..tia
lonelywolf lol

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
I better get my gear together oh boy! ;D
lonelywolf lol

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
its on but but be careful out there...one more week should be the ticket....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we have as much water on top of the ice that we have ice.... and its getting warmer...I hope to be on next weekend....gonna have to catch lunch !

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
1600 hrs-both ponds I checked had 1 inch of ice and about 1 1/2 inches of water on top. (orange co.)

Offline boss j

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my spoons are my passion
Some people have nothing better to do but bi@#$,
Fish On guys,hope to see you guys trout season... have some nice holes close by ;D  ::)
timster i see your from summitville, i lived there for about 15-16 years. dad is still there, up on finkle rd. where ya fishing???
boss spoons, they can catch it all!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.