New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096019 times)

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hockey12 thank you for posting the link to Overstock Bait. How is your daughter doing ?
  Saquelie In the same area as Harriman state park is Sterling Forest state park  ,also if you take route 17k heading west there is Winding Hills park (Orange County park) it contains a fifty acre lake (Diamond Lake) . I will look through my fishing stuff and see if I have the phone numbers for the state parks and Winding Hills.
Steve

Thanks for asking Steve! She is doing great, she is one of the happier babies I have ever seen. The only time she cries is when she see Pooley! ;D

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for asking Steve! She is doing great, she is one of the happier babies I have ever seen. The only time she cries is when she see Pooley! ;D

Congrats on the new baby, Take her fishing when shes young-you'll have a fishing partner for life, We unfortunately just had a miscarriage-but already have 2 boys at home that love to fish. Thanks again for that baitshop info-just put in a large order..........

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick

We have to get the two of the new girls together sometime....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!

that little girl smiles all the time, and she only cries cause i won't give her a beer!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
that little girl smiles all the time, and she only cries cause i won't give her a beer!
Good one Pooley!  >:(

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
been off line fer a while...real sick :P...thank god pa gun opener is a week away.... ;) ;D

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Sorry to hear of your illness Holehawg , hopefully by gun opener you will have recovered.
Steve

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
been off line fer a while...real sick :P...thank god pa gun opener is a week away.... ;) ;D

glad to have you back....that good clean crisp air will do you some good !

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular

I thought it had something to do with Alex Rodriquez. ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

:-X

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
hoping to smell a gut pile in the morning! ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
good luck to all the NY hunters tomorrow !!!!  We had a brief encounter with a fork buck on the way home from the lanes tonight....G-Man got to see it about 2 feet from his window in the truck......

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
good luck to all the NY hunters tomorrow !!!!  We had a brief encounter with a fork buck on the way home from the lanes tonight....G-Man got to see it about 2 feet from his window in the truck......
Glad everyone is alright Topher as you know for your job using a motor vehicle to hunt deer is expensive.  It is nice to see nature up close a few years back I got to watch a spike and small four pointer with one antler already missing battle over a doe in my yard. I was worried there would be a auto accident as I live on a corner lot just off a busy state highway.
Steve

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  :nono: :nono: :nono: there will be payback my friend.... :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Joe, I'll try to remember to bring that stuff with me next time we all fish together....

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Joe, I'll try to remember to bring that stuff with me next time we all fish together....
Finally got in touch with a representative of the So. Fallsburg Fire Dept....... their tournament is set for January 29 (Saturday).
That means we should consider either the week before, or the week after that for our weekend overnight. 

Joe: Did you find out if the Highland Lake tourney is going to be Feb. 5 or Feb. 12 ??  What about the Holehawg/Topher tourney ??? (Busy, Busy, Busy this year).
fi;; me in on this fallsburg tourney, i want to enter it this season..hope they put in more gamefish like i heard they did with the walleye in morningside
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Guys, I have a question......I have to pick something for 50 bucks for Christmas.....any ideas on what I should ask for ?????

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Guys, I have a question......I have to pick something for 50 bucks for Christmas.....any ideas on what I should ask for ?????
How about a portable heater/stove top in gander mtn. $49.99, works as a heater or you can flip it on it's side and put a pot of coffee or whatever on it-use with 1lb tank........

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
How about a portable heater/stove top in gander mtn. $49.99, works as a heater or you can flip it on it's side and put a pot of coffee or whatever on it-use with 1lb tank........

I'm tough to buy for.....I have most everything  ( I have one )    great idea though !

Do anything with the tip downs yet?

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
I'm tough to buy for.....I have most everything  ( I have one )    great idea though !

Do anything with the tip downs yet?
Finished the 2 that I started before I seen yours, Still looking to make a few more/would like to compare them to tip-ups. Do you rig them the same as your tip-ups and do you leave much slack for the fish to run or do they just hook themselves?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
wudd get ya around 2 years on here ;)..... ;D ;D perhaps something iceshanty should offer "gift subscription's" or "gift cards" for jigs and stuff ?????

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
a gift card from one of our sponsors! ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Finished the 2 that I started before I seen yours, Still looking to make a few more/would like to compare them to tip-ups. Do you rig them the same as your tip-ups and do you leave much slack for the fish to run or do they just hook themselves?

most generally the fish hook themselves.  I rig it basically the same, about 25 foot dacron with a swivel and a 4-6 foot fluorocarbon leader to a simple baitholder hook.....when the tip goes down and hits the edge of the hole, it pretty much sets the hook if the fish has the bait far enough in its mouth....25" pickerel hit one of mine at Huntington....hook was right in the corner of its mouth....

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
 fi;; me in on this fallsburg tourney, i want to enter it this season..hope they put in more gamefish like i heard they did with the walleye in morningside

The So. Fallsburg tourney is run by the So. Fallsburg Fire Dept. and is held on a private lake (Echo Lake).  The Fire Dept. guys do it up right with Hot Coffee, Bait, Warming Tent, etc. right at the tourney site.  I believe the entry fee was $10 or $15 last year, and they gave us a dozen bait with it.
There are several fish categories and both an Adult and Kids categories for prizes (the prizes are great).
Last year I saw some of the largest Crappies I ever laid eyes on come out of that lake.  The lake itself is large enough for ATV or snowmobile use (which is permitted) if you want, but definitely not necessaary.  Two years ago I won 2nd place in the Perch category not 50 feet from the lake entry point. 
I don't know if they stock this lake, but from what I've seen of the fish entered each year, they don't have to.  Expect to catch Pickerel, Perch, Crappies, Bass in good numbers.
I'm suggesting this tourney for a get-together prior to our overnight weekend at either Huntington or Highland.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
The So. Fallsburg tourney is run by the So. Fallsburg Fire Dept. and is held on a private lake (Echo Lake).  The Fire Dept. guys do it up right with Hot Coffee, Bait, Warming Tent, etc. right at the tourney site.  I believe the entry fee was $10 or $15 last year, and they gave us a dozen bait with it.
There are several fish categories and both an Adult and Kids categories for prizes (the prizes are great).
Last year I saw some of the largest Crappies I ever laid eyes on come out of that lake.  The lake itself is large enough for ATV or snowmobile use (which is permitted) if you want, but definitely not necessaary.  Two years ago I won 2nd place in the Perch category not 50 feet from the lake entry point. 
I don't know if they stock this lake, but from what I've seen of the fish entered each year, they don't have to.  Expect to catch Pickerel, Perch, Crappies, Bass in good numbers.
I'm suggesting this tourney for a get-together prior to our overnight weekend at either Huntington or Highland.
Any charge for the kids?

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
The So. Fallsburg tourney is run by the So. Fallsburg Fire Dept. and is held on a private lake (Echo Lake).  The Fire Dept. guys do it up right with Hot Coffee, Bait, Warming Tent, etc. right at the tourney site.  I believe the entry fee was $10 or $15 last year, and they gave us a dozen bait with it.
Last year I saw some of the largest Crappies I ever laid eyes on come out of that lake.  The lake itself is large enough for ATV or snowmobile use (which is permitted) if you want, but definitely not necessaary.  Two years ago I won 2nd place in the Perch category not 50 feet from the lake entry point.  
I don't know if they stock this lake, but from what I've seen of the fish entered each year, they don't have to.  Expect to catch Pickerel, Perch, Crappies, Bass in good numbers.
  I would like to enter the fallsburg tourney, I have a few local friends that I will ask and will probably join too.   This season I would like to enter any ice fishing derbies  just let me know where and when , thanks for the headsup iceballs,john 
lonelywolf lol

Offline mschott

• Team IceShanty Regular

2011 fishing lic. and the rest on a gift card

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that's a good idea...I need to get both NY and PA for this season...

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Any charge for the kids?

I  really don't know, but I would guess that kids below a certain age would probably be free.

Guys, when I get the full details on the tourney, I'll post them here.  I know it starts at 7AM on Jan. 29  If I hear anything else, I'll let you know.  Sign up is at the lake (no pre-registration).  If we're going to have a crowd of IS guys, we'll pick a specific spot on the lake to gather.  Pray for good ice and goood weather.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
I  really don't know, but I would guess that kids below a certain age would probably be free.

Guys, when I get the full details on the tourney, I'll post them here.  I know it starts at 7AM on Jan. 29  If I hear anything else, I'll let you know.  Sign up is at the lake (no pre-registration).  If we're going to have a crowd of IS guys, we'll pick a specific spot on the lake to gather.  Pray for good ice and goood weather.
Thanks Iceballs!  Hopefully we will all be on the ice for a month or so by that time........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.