New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1096027 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
its been lightly raining here for the last 2 days..no more snow, its all gone ! but the wind has decided which trees needed to stay upright....many did not, as they blew down and took out power all day today....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
5 inches of rain here, and more coming today, with 50 MPH wind gusts!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Pooley;
I have been hearing on my scanner you guys are getting hit hard.
So far so good up here most of the snow is gone and very little flooding. Only one cellar
pump out this weekend.All the ponds the wife and I went by today have open water.
Come on trout season .
Topher and Joe how you boys making out in Pa.?????

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
we got hammered, although not many pumpouts in suffern. never saw the ramapo river so flooded, even during hurricane floyd! they closed the thruway! sloatsburgers had to get home via the rest area, or throught harriman state park! WOW!!!!!!!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
we got hammered, although not many pumpouts in suffern. never saw the ramapo river so flooded, even during hurricane floyd! they closed the thruway! sloatsburgers had to get home via the rest area, or throught harriman state park! WOW!!!!!!!
yeah my brother phoned he got stuck in traffic before heading up.. i'm just glad so far my plce way up is still safe.. just hoping no bs 500 year floods  i experienced along my tail water, just glad the res is not full pool yet.  So i think this is it for me on the ice fish board, just wished we got together more this season.. i'm keeping this account but not likely to post much until next season. glta and Gary, thank you again for sharing with me good times!later all john
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Pooley;
I have been hearing on my scanner you guys are getting hit hard.
So far so good up here most of the snow is gone and very little flooding. Only one cellar
pump out this weekend.All the ponds the wife and I went by today have open water.
Come on trout season .
Topher and Joe how you boys making out in Pa.?????

we had bad winds that took out a lot of trees, but as far as rain goes, not much, just about 1 inch total...but all the snow within sight of the front of the house is gone....and all of the lakes I drive by on a daily basis are open now...ice is gone

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
We are having some wind now not much rain
Come on trout season ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I can finally get the Rhino out of the shed now ??? Time to put her to work ;) :) ;D
Time to put all the gravel back into the driveway that I plowed up the last 2 storms :cookoo: :%$#!: :thumbsup: Come on golf season ;D ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Greetings  doing good here in New Windsor only small amount of water in one part of my basement. Snow gone except for a few spots, will have to get out this week and clean up what downed branches i have from the big snow storm.
 On a different topic Thruway Market in Walden has it's remaining ice fishing gear on sale. Also it has been a violet past few days in the neighboring city of Newburgh. Two murders in twentyfour hours ,a few stabbings and slashing. according to reports in my local paper two different gang wars are currently under way . The Latian Kings are battling the Bloods and La Eme (aka Mexican Mafia) is feuding with the BBK (Benkard Barrio Kings - local street gang /Benkard Avenue is a street in Newburgh). The other three gangs have nationwide membership so depending on how well connected the local leadership are for each gang things could get uglier.
 Steve

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
may be i will go to thruway & checkout the shanties .I would like to get one for next season.
I try to stay out of city of newburgh.
images.jpeg

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looks like i'ts over,  Guess I'll have to go for trout and stripers for a while (thats not a bad thing), Anyway it was a pretty good ice season-met some good guys-Topher, Pooley and his band of demons, And MADBMX.  Hope to do a few more trips with you guys next season.          (Good luck with the baby Tohper)   hey Pooley! pm me if you want to know about the reseviors!!!!!!!!!  Kyle I'll see you out on the river.............                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Still have a foot or so of ice here in Mville.but too much slush to slogg through.  The phones are a ringing for work, so.... I may get in a few more times but maybe that's whishful thinking.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
Looks like i'ts over,  Guess I'll have to go for trout and stripers for a while (thats not a bad thing), Anyway it was a pretty good ice season-met some good guys-Topher, Pooley and his band of demons, And MADBMX.  Hope to do a few more trips with you guys next season.          (Good luck with the baby Tohper)   hey Pooley! pm me if you want to know about the reseviors!!!!!!!!!  Kyle I'll see you out on the river.............    It was good meeting you BC,we will hook up next year,hope its a better season for ice down here                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      I                  

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Looks like i'ts over,  Guess I'll have to go for trout and stripers for a while (thats not a bad thing), Anyway it was a pretty good ice season-met some good guys-Topher, Pooley and his band of demons, And MADBMX.  Hope to do a few more trips with you guys next season.          (Good luck with the baby Tohper)   hey Pooley! pm me if you want to know about the reseviors!!!!!!!!!  Kyle I'll see you out on the river.............                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             
i'll be in touch kevin.

Offline saquelie

• Team IceShanty Regular
Greetings  doing good here in New Windsor only small amount of water in one part of my basement. Snow gone except for a few spots, will have to get out this week and clean up what downed branches i have from the big snow storm.
 On a different topic Thruway Market in Walden has it's remaining ice fishing gear on sale. Also it has been a violet past few days in the neighboring city of Newburgh. Two murders in twentyfour hours ,a few stabbings and slashing. according to reports in my local paper two different gang wars are currently under way . The Latian Kings are battling the Bloods and La Eme (aka Mexican Mafia) is feuding with the BBK (Benkard Barrio Kings - local street gang /Benkard Avenue is a street in Newburgh). The other three gangs have nationwide membership so depending on how well connected the local leadership are for each gang things could get uglier.
 Steve
Hey mike thats a bad place down there i was working down there the past 3 yrs rented in vails gate. Going to start back up in west point next month. Thinking about renting down on greenwood lake so i can fish at nite do u no anything about the lake? Thru Way in Walden was my mall of choice weekly beat gander in middletown. Been off since christmas here in upstate ny fished on ten diffarent lakes all winter dont want to go back down there im a country boy.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
All over but the shouting down here guys.  On the other hand....been killing the Cod off Block Island....lots of Codfish Cakes in the freezer.  Don't forget have big boat down here for Ocean fishing this summer....you guys are invited anytime...we all just split gas and bait.  Stay in touch, have a great Summer.

IceBalls

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
All over but the shouting down here guys.  On the other hand....been killing the Cod off Block Island....lots of Codfish Cakes in the freezer.  Don't forget have big boat down here for Ocean fishing this summer....you guys are invited anytime...we all just split gas and bait.  Stay in touch, have a great Summer.

IceBalls
we discussed it tonight Rodger. we  will set something up.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Any news, is Hockey a dad yet?????

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Any news, is Hockey a dad yet?????
not yet. i'll be sure to post it when it happens! friday is the due date. ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
still no baby. Mrs. hockey is doing well, just getting impatient! :P

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
still no baby. Mrs. hockey is doing well, just getting impatient! :P

very understandable.....wis h you all the best of luck on a healthy mom and baby...and a happy Dad !

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks for the thoughts! Still no news though. I told her she is going to have to wait until atleast tomorrow night due to all of the college hockey that is on tv this weekend!  ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
still no news on the pidder padder of hockey skates down there ????????????? ;) ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
still no news on the pidder padder of hockey skates down there ????????????? ;) ;D
nope. they go to the doctor tomorrow.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
He Shoots... He scores! ;)
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Thought I might see a post on Hockey12 and his wife being new parents. I hope every thing is alright.
  Also wanted to wish everyone a Blessed Passover or Happy Easter.

Steve

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
I think shes in labor now,havent heard anything in a couple hours

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Keep us posted !!

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey guys, thanks for all the thoughts. Emily was born last night around 11. She spent the night in intensive care because the cord was wrapped around the neck. She is doing great now and should be released to us some time this morning! We were able to sit in the intensive care nursery with her for a good part of the night/ early morning!

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Congrats Hockey
Hope mom and baby are doing fine.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you brother.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Congratulations to the both of you and the little one !  Hope all is healthy and well !

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.