New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095805 times)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
not for a day trip, but I dont think you would do it either Pooley
not in the back of frankies truck! :woot:
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
not in the back of frankies truck! :woot:

Going up wouldn't be bad, coming home wouldn't be much fun, listening to the blues.......I mean steel leader blues!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Going up wouldn't be bad, coming home wouldn't be much fun, listening to the blues.......I mean steel leader blues!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :'( :tipup: :'(

Offline Son of Duke

• IceShanty Rookie
  • American With Pride
Has anyone fished Shandelee lake by Livingston manor? how is it?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
IceBalls, thanks for the pic...guys, be safe out there Saturday....hope things go well  ;D

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
IceBalls, thanks for the pic...guys, be safe out there Saturday....hope things go well  ;D
WENT BACK TO HUNTINGTON YESTERDAY, PLENTY OF ICE (9 INCHES) AND SLUSH (6-7 INCHES), CAUGHT 2 -20 INCH PICKERAL,2 DECENT YELLOWS,3 BASS AND A BUNCH OF SUNNIES-LOVE THAT VEXILAR (UNFORTUNETLY I DON'T OWN IT), ANYBODY HEADING UP THERE SAT????

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
WENT BACK TO HUNTINGTON YESTERDAY, PLENTY OF ICE (9 INCHES) AND SLUSH (6-7 INCHES), CAUGHT 2 -20 INCH PICKERAL,2 DECENT YELLOWS,3 BASS AND A BUNCH OF SUNNIES-LOVE THAT VEXILAR (UNFORTUNETLY I DON'T OWN IT), ANYBODY HEADING UP THERE SAT????

thanks for the report BC... ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Thanks kevin. We might be up tommorow
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
A buddy of mine in DEC said Saratoga lake was clear .... as they did not get the snow we did here.  Lots of ice and the edges are good. don't know how far north you guys are gonna come.  Once your rollin on 87, what's another 30 - 60 minutes?
If any body hasn't found out yet,, Govt Paterson  put the order out some time ago for strict speed limit enforcement all up and down the quickway and thruway .. Me and my friend never witnessed so many pulling over and ticketing, we assume the state needs money so badly that they need to issue these expensive summons.. just a reminder, you shouldn't speed anyway but sometimes it is the traffic you are following and so you tend to forget.. I also do not mind troopers nabbing speeding violators ,, especially the ones on data using their cellphones while wrecklessly driving!  I like that double the fine alot! cheers be good and safe out there! I'm bringing my tipups upstate in the monticello area maybe tomorrow if anybody is interested. peace John
lonelywolf lol

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
I'm Going to Canada lake tomorrow now.  Got access from a friends camp.  Mabe some lakers :)
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
I'm Going to Canada lake tomorrow now.  Got access from a friends camp.  Mabe some lakers :)
good luck jimmy!!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Made it out Saturday all day to Canada Lake and a few hours on Sunday eve to a small pond.19" laker and an 18" smallieLots of ice, We maxed out the auger
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice looking fish you got there !

That auger pic looked like me on Sunday....I had the auger right down in the ice pile

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
what does everyone think about this weekend and the ice? I want to get at least one more weekend in.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
sweet catch jimmy! looks like a nice day.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
what does everyone think about this weekend and the ice? I want to get at least one more weekend in.
looks like a wash out Saturday right now :'(

you are gonna have to go north.

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.

you are gonna have to go north.

If anyone wants to go north let me know

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Nice fish pics jimmy!  I just got back from a day on lk superior state park in sullivan ..nothing much to brag about cept feeding a dozen and a half shiners to small pickerel and perch.. i managed a small salad bowl of fillets for tomorrow . p- the ice was 15-17 inches of  black with nothing inbetween// there wasn't any slush on top to bog me down..easy walking.. cept the parking lots.. state didn't plow much at all,, i started off thinking swb, but the parking lot ramp wasn't plowed and was still cable keyed (no access) then i drove all the way to that huntington lk.. i didn't like the scenerio..reminded me of lock sheldraked with all those falling apart lk side blds.. so i started at about 10am of superior fished it till dark..best action was sundown in 12 to 15fow..find the ledges ..the deeper water 20 to 25 was dead. fish the weeds/shallows anywhere you go now imo.
lonelywolf lol

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Nice fish pics jimmy!  I just got back from a day on lk superior state park in sullivan ..nothing much to brag about cept feeding a dozen and a half shiners to small pickerel and perch.. i managed a small salad bowl of fillets for tomorrow . p- the ice was 15-17 inches of  black with nothing inbetween// there wasn't any slush on top to bog me down..easy walking.. cept the parking lots.. state didn't plow much at all,, i started off thinking swb, but the parking lot ramp wasn't plowed and was still cable keyed (no access) then i drove all the way to that huntington lk.. i didn't like the scenerio..reminded me of lock sheldraked with all those falling apart lk side blds.. so i started at about 10am of superior fished it till dark..best action was sundown in 12 to 15fow..find the ledges ..the deeper water 20 to 25 was dead. fish the weeds/shallows anywhere you go now imo.
HOW DID THE SHORELINE LOOK AT HUNTINGTON?

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
HOW DID THE SHORELINE LOOK AT HUNTINGTON?
I could of pulled a sled on the lk from the state public lot if that is what you were asking. some refrozen slush snow mobile tracks..you should have plenty ice yet but not sure after this warm rainy weekend. waterproof boots will be a must on any lk next few days.. not enough overnight freeze imo gl
lonelywolf lol

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
All my action jigging has been 3 to 10 FOW lately.  Not much in the deeper areas.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
All my action jigging has been 3 to 10 FOW lately.  Not much in the deeper areas.
MIGHT GIVE IT ONE LAST TRY TOMORROW-WILL ADVISE!!!!!!

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
  I noticed after about an hr my shiners off the bottom weren't looking to good.. i aclimated them so I suspect the oxygen down in the deep portion of the lk i was on wasn't good enough.. i had no problem with the bait in the 15 or less fow where i caught all my fish. I think some lks can  lose enough oxygen in the deeper sections to move fish closer to the shallows too, seemed to be the case yesterday.
lonelywolf lol

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Spawning, bait, O2...... a few weeks ago we were catching bass, pickerel, perch and gills a few feet under the ice.

I have also seen a lot of caddis fly larve coming up through the holes and crawling on the underside of the ice.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Spawning, bait, O2...... a few weeks ago we were catching bass, pickerel, perch and gills a few feet under the ice.

I have also seen a lot of caddis fly larve coming up through the holes and crawling on the underside of the ice.
Now that you mentioned it, I witnessed tiny black larva of some sort so it seemed,about the size of tiny fleas, probably midge larva of some sort floating at the top of each hole i drilled.
lonelywolf lol

Offline Steelhead71

• Team IceShanty Regular
I think they are water fleas. We saw a lot of them on Saturday.

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
none the less, with the late ice and melt, insects to bait fish to predators on the move up the water column.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
anyone seen this pic before?

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
thats Excellent....thanx for sharing Topher.  Looks like this might be it for the ice..........forecast for NWNJ and southern NY is 2"-4" of rain.   Hope everyones got hip waders.....lol
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
1/4" of sleet on the ground   ???  Winter storm watch 3 pm through tomorrow?   ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.