New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095926 times)

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I want to go where ever the ice is safe and when the weather is worth coordinating an outting.  That would be some run for me, I do not know that water, is it good fishing these days?

Look at most of the threads regarding Sacandaga. I believe they call it the dead sea for a good reason. I do know it has some monster fish in it but I wouldn't take the ride unless I had a good friend who knows the lake real well.

Gary
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i am going to find try to get out some where this week in sullivan co  :tipup:

Bring your snowshoes!
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Agree with all the above ;D i bet my brother is using my snowshoes this weekend! i know better to wait ,just keeping busy until  better conditions.
lonelywolf lol

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Look at most of the threads regarding Sacandaga. I believe they call it the dead sea for a good reason. I do know it has some monster fish in it but I wouldn't take the ride unless I had a good friend who knows the lake real well.

Gary
  a friend of mine lives up there & he invited me to come up, he is not a ice fisherman though. his friend has a shanty we can use & fish with him .
images.jpeg

Offline Jignut

• IceShanty Rookie
 power outages in the middle of winter due too major snowfall, and theres people losing food ???
 thats embarrassing.

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
power outages in the middle of winter due too major snowfall, and theres people losing food ???
 thats embarrassing.

What do you mean?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
the only good news is that the temps are rising a little bit, we have melted off 6" or so in the last 24 hours, I just wish it would quit snowing again today....OK I'll quit ranting and get back to working on the house now... ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
people still digging out here, with some power outages still! a lot of wet snow, the a lot of dry snow on top. we got around 2 feet.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
a real mess...gonna be while before this goes away.... ::) ::) ::)

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
Drove by greenwood lake today....one person out by the coves on the NY side.   At least 3 or 4 guys out off of Indian point and 1 or 2 off of forest knolls. I also spotted a few guys way south of Fox Island on the Jersey side.  Some of the shorelines looked pretty wett but off of the coves and Indian it looked to be pretty dry.  Also looked like a spot of open water out in the middle off the knolls.  I personally didnt fish but wanted to pass on the info to you guys.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
people still digging out here, with some power outages still! a lot of wet snow, the a lot of dry snow on top. we got around 2 feet.
Got my power back at 0800 hrs this morning--finished up with around 30 inches!!!!!!!              Are you fellas still thinking of going north next sat?                                                                 

Offline Big.Tom.G

• IceShanty Rookie
is anybody going to the ice fishing contest at sacandaga next weekend  ??? ??? :tipup:

I was planning to go up there but with all the snow dont know if it makes any sense, talked to a guy up there and they were expecting like 40 inches.  I dont know what they actually got, but that didnt sound great.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, on the bright side of all this snow, TFB and I managed to get the first countertop installed and the new sink and dishwasher plumbed and running.....Finally, a sink in the Kitchen !!!!!!!  now it the weather cooperates, I may get to fish next weekend...weather permitting... ;D

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
Got my power back at 0800 hrs this morning--finished up with around 30 inches!!!!!!!              Are you fellas still thinking of going north next sat?                                                                 
we were just talking about it BC, if all goes well this week were going

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
I'm always inclined to head north  in March. weather says warm days but freezing nights.. now is the season to pay attention for safe ice reports. When I hear a lake has open water, I prefer not risk a trip.  I'm guessing there will still be safe ice one or two more weeks on smaller water up north.
lonelywolf lol

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
we were just talking about it BC, if all goes well this week were going

goin' crappie fishing again?

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hopefully theres ice...... ::) all week in the 40's ....... :-\

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
57" in Mville.  20 miles away in albany, a mere 24".  It was kind of weird snowblowing with the loader and seeing a 30' X 30' area drop a foot all at once settling.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gonna bring the "special" bait this time

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
we talked about it,if theres ice,Pooley myself and a couple of the boys

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, the salon is open Saturday, and it's my job to be the Dad...If you guys make it up, catch a couple for me...I'll be thinking about ya's....I may make it out Sunday though     ;D

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
how is the ice in the monticello area? i would like to give it a try maybe fri 
images.jpeg

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
No snow here in new hampshire!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
No snow here in new hampshire!

any ice???

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
Was out on a private pond in sullivan co. yesterday........there was 2" of snow on top of a slush\water mix of 6 to 8" and then 8" to 10" of black ice under that. Also the holes I drilled last week are all still open (some visible and some not visible) and big enough to swallow someone whole......a little scarey.  good luck out there and be careful   Tight Lines
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline Son of Duke

• IceShanty Rookie
  • American With Pride
how is the ice in the monticello area? i would like to give it a try maybe fri 

Yeah i want to stop at morningside lake this friday or saturday. If Anyone is anywhere near by...how are the conditions in that area?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
any ice???
not that looked safe! not in mass. or conn. either!

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
A buddy of mine in DEC said Saratoga lake was clear .... as they did not get the snow we did here.  Lots of ice and the edges are good. don't know how far north you guys are gonna come.  Once your rollin on 87, what's another 30 - 60 minutes?
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
A buddy of mine in DEC said Saratoga lake was clear .... as they did not get the snow we did here.  Lots of ice and the edges are good. don't know how far north you guys are gonna come.  Once your rollin on 87, what's another 30 - 60 minutes?
we go out 17 jimmy, and it's an hour and 10 minutes! but i like your thinking! just don't think i could sway them! :-\

Offline YO1157

• Team IceShanty Regular
we go out 17 jimmy, and it's an hour and 10 minutes! but i like your thinking! just don't think i could sway them! :-\
not for a day trip, but I dont think you would do it either Pooley

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.