New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095900 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
well, after leaving the house at 9 this morning, We just got home....gotta mount the new flat screen TV tonite I believe...and do a water change for the bait...and finish charging the MarCum....we are gonna have a blast tomorrow...Red Bull is in the fridge for breakfast....truck is gassed, sled is loaded...Hey Joe, they have Frabill Pro Thermals on sale at Gander in Dickson City for 12.99 each......

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
wish you guys luck tomorrow!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks ! I'll see if I can't catch a couple for ya  ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, we are ready to go...not much sleep, too much excitement, and ready to go....solunar tables look great for fishing...it's gonna be a great day !

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, arrived home safe and sound...nice to meet up with you again Holehawg, and also ShawnM, Lonewolf and Mark....the kids had a great time today and put a hurting on the lake's fish population...we didn't do too awful good, but I had a great time...I know why I fish Highland on Valentine's weekend the last 2 years and hopefully a few more !

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
how were the ice conditions there?
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ice was good...mostly black ice...a few glare spots but at most 4" snowdrifts in spots...no slush, just cold and windy today...Joe got pics...

How did you guys make out?

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
Had a great time at highland. Even though I didn't get to meet you guys today. Will be there next year. Beer tasted good! How about that wind? Well hope all had fun. Off to bed and up and at em' for the beaver dam pond contest.

Offline LoneWolf

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Fanatic! >))))>
how were the ice conditions there?

11" thick with about 2" of snow on top.

nice to meet up with you again Holehawg, and also ShawnM, Lonewolf and Mark

It was great meeting you guys as well !  ;D
Those who are brave are free ..

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
4 inches of water under the snow. we installed a new stereo in the firehouse! it's awesome.  ;D

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
New Ice Partner seems to be working out pretty well.... Not much breaking in needed.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
btw jimmy c good luck with team this weekend...hope ya folks win a bunch..... :thumbsup:

Had a third place finisher and a Champion... The champ will go on to the state tourny Small school division.
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Had a third place finisher and a Champion... The champ will go on to the state tourny Small school division.
way to go jimmy!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
congrats jimmy...yup it was fun topher...i went online looking at flip overs...clam denli or whatever that 2 person sled is called is winning so far....none at scranton gander now so i might order online.... ;D ;D ;D ;D blondezilla may buy me the marcum for early  fathers day gift... ;) ;D...i'll post the pics after i great thur suking up to her with dinner and movie.... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
congrats jimmy...yup it was fun topher...i went online looking at flip overs...clam denli or whatever that 2 person sled is called is winning so far....none at scranton gander now so i might order online.... ;D ;D ;D ;D blondezilla may buy me the marcum for early  fathers day gift... ;) ;D...i'll post the pics after i great thur suking up to her with dinner and movie.... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

just do the research and find the one with the features you want in the price range you want..My suggestion is the Frabill Trekker 2...it has those seats you mentioned in it...very comfy  ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
highland lake pics..not many cause we was in the flip over alot.... ;) ;D....                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
just do the research and find the one with the features you want in the price range you want..My suggestion is the Frabill Trekker 2...it has those seats you mentioned in it...very comfy  ;)
yupper i was on their site....otter has some good ones too...i like the 2 seaters that are staggered  so each guy has a side and his own flip up end.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D i'll never sit in the wind again...its a heater and  and beer with flip over for me... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
those pics don't do the fish any justice...I swear that redear was bigger... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
lol...i had  fun at the end watching the kids sweep the awards for all the big fish wins...lmao...they kicked can this year...still cant get over that little 5 year old carrying that lunker in...or that slob pick the little boy won...i think i might get the  danleni fish trap 2 topher.... :-\ i also think next year if theirs no wind and alittle better conditions i may bring my grandson...i think he might have a ball....plus we get 5 more traps...lol....

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I told the boys that if the weather cooperates, they may come along if they want to..if not, no biggie...Anything in the Equipment section about the Denali 2 ?

Also, Pooley, what side of the lake are we fishing Saturday ?

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
I told the boys that if the weather cooperates, they may come along if they want to..if not, no biggie...Anything in the Equipment section about the Denali 2 ?

Also, Pooley, what side of the lake are we fishing Saturday ?
i hope the "crappie" side, but we have all week to discuss it.

ummmm joe, i don"t want to hear what was going on inside the flipover! :sick: :woot:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
sicko..pooley...mostly we were trying to hold it down from the wind....it was worse then the first time we went there...BTW topher thank god you brought it ..... otherwise i wud have fished the bar area again... ;) ;D ;D ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if topher brings that wonderful new toy that marks fish.... i have no objection to fishing the crappie side........... ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D i take it sat. is the shing-ding grand finale for team southeastern boozer's....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
yup. can't wait to see the flasher in action!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I gotta say after reading about how important flashers are to ice fishermen, I bought one...and now I don't leave the house to go fishing without it......

Heck, I oughta bring the underwater camera too...can't hurt..

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
looks like a full crew saturday! i'm gonna see if john will come too, but maybe not.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if it ends up being something that you guys want, Reed's sports online has the same flasher I do on sale for 279.00 MarCum VX-1 with free shipping.....

Jimmyclaude, you coming down as well Saturday ?

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
Hey everybody back from fla is everyone fishing greenwood this weekend.  It is funny during the Highland Lake  I had to call to see how my group was doing.  My wife just laughs at my addiction.  Topher how you making out with the little one adjust to night and day. I got the solution if you still need it.  It is the weirdest thing but it works.  My little one had the same problem.  After we did it she slept 6 hours a night, only got up for a feeding and diaper and then back to sleep.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Hey everybody back from fla is everyone fishing greenwood this weekend.  It is funny during the Highland Lake  I had to call to see how my group was doing.  My wife just laughs at my addiction.  Topher how you making out with the little one adjust to night and day. I got the solution if you still need it.  It is the weirdest thing but it works.  My little one had the same problem.  After we did it she slept 6 hours a night, only got up for a feeding and diaper and then back to sleep.
no,huntington lake saturday.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
                        Quick refresher....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.