New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1095976 times)

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
anyone have information on the beaver dam lake ice fishing contest? Also Sackett?  thanks for any help 8)
Which Beaver dam?

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular
Anyone been up to Swinging Bridge Res. ??

Was there Thursday. Couple walleye, perch and pickerel all on tip-ups. Fished hard but overall it was slow. Probably 8 or 10 inches of ice.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Well, Boys, HOW BOUT THEM JETS !!!

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular

Was there Thursday. Couple walleye, perch and pickerel all on tip-ups. Fished hard but overall it was slow. Probably 8 or 10 inches of ice.
stopped in the parking lot Thursday afternoon on my way back from Lk Superior.  Were you guys fishing opposite the ramp?....saw a few guys out there
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline pondbass9787

• IceShanty Rookie

ahh, I'm loving it!!

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf

For me not lately, did you feed the bald eagle?.. i am hoping to get up there this week! i had a similiar experience couple weels ago on swb .. nothing doing in the way of perch?.. one thing i do know is that swb still is a hit or miss on ice.
lonelywolf lol

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
stopped in the parking lot Thursday afternoon on my way back from Lk Superior.  Were you guys fishing opposite the ramp?....saw a few guys out there

catch anything on Superior?

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
catch anything on Superior?
5 pickeral and 5 perch.....fished from 8am to 3pm..........2 guys......slow to say the least

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
Bcshanty, beaver dam on rt. 42 just outside of grahamsville. Any help would be great

Offline Ice Wine

• Team IceShanty Regular

Was on the other side of the lake and up a ways from the ramp. Usually a decent spot but not on Thursday.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
Bcshanty, beaver dam on rt. 42 just outside of grahamsville. Any help would be great
if you are coming from the south, i bet swb is worth a try..much more opportunity especially for keepers. I tried superior the last few seasons and caught mostly dink perch and a few pickerel..it looks like it can offer decent fish but ,we never really got into a decent amount of keepers.. heard it has crappie..we caught a few over the yrs in superior but this yr i'm trying swb for them eye. anybody else hear walleyes supposingly doing good in there? maybe this week i'll get in a couple of these balmy weather days out there!
lonelywolf lol

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
:flex: :flex: :flex: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: gonna be tough against the colts thou.....

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
Heading over to Greenwood Lake 2day.   Will post what I find when I get back 2nite.  For anyone that wants to stop by and say Hi......I will be in the Storm Island area. I will have the stove going and coffee pot on.   Tight Lines everyone

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
:flex: :flex: :flex: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: gonna be tough against the colts thou.....

already beat the Colts once this year....although Indy pulled their starters half way through the 3rd quarter

gotta root for the underdogs !

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
topher,  amen on that one. Go Gang Green!  ;D  I am hoping to find out about The Beaver dam lake contest. Went there last year and had a blast. 3 dozen bait gone in 2 hours. Who all is going to king of the ice on white lake on Feb. 21st??

Offline Rocketman

• IceShanty Rookie
Sorry fella's i stand corrected. Its Beaverdam pond that i meant

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
SORRY ROCKETMAN, THOUGHT YOU MEANT A DIFFERENT BEAVERDAM LAKE IN ORANGE CO. (NO GOOD)!!!!!!

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Hammer. let me know if your going up to swinging bridge this week, looking to go up there (maybe friday afternoon/night)!!!!!!!

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
I fished off Storm Island in greenwood today from about 10am till 4pm.   Me and 1 other guy........10 tip-ups and 2 rod each...........I jigged up 1 perch and that was it.....not one flag   There was also 2 guys fishing about 50 to 100 yds away from us......they had at least 8 to 10 tip-ups out and they didn't get a flag either.....tough day out there..........There is still 6" to 8" of ice out there.......hopefully it makes it through this warm spell.    good luck and tight lines

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hey Hammer. let me know if your going up to swinging bridge this week, looking to go up there (maybe friday afternoon/night)!!!!!!!
  I was thinking about going up there maybe tomorrow night (tuesday) if I can find someone to meet up with......and I can get my crap done over here in the am.  guess I will have to wait and see.  I'd go on Friday night but I am most likely leaving for Long Island for a few days........gotta go see Mom and some friends I haven't seen for awhile.

Offline BCSHANTY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  I was thinking about going up there maybe tomorrow night (tuesday) if I can find someone to meet up with......and I can get my crap done over here in the am.  guess I will have to wait and see.  I'd go on Friday night but I am most likely leaving for Long Island for a few days........gotta go see Mom and some friends I haven't seen for awhile.
I'm working days this week so I will get back to you tonight or tomorrow

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
I have both a NJ and a NY fishing licence.  I understand that if I fish the NY side I need certified bait with either licence.  If I'm fishing the Jersey side with my NY licence do I need to use certified bait?

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
Wow! ....go fish over the weekend and you Guys put down 4 pages!  No rain here Just gloppy snow.

Last night Jigging, I was hitting the specks pretty good and I thought I hooked up with the MacDaddy of all time perch ... Turned out to be a 19" pickerell.   >:(  didn't need a spring bobber for him :o
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Sounds like a good day on the ice`jimmy!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
I have been going out most every day 3:00 PM till after dark.  I haven't hit "slow" yet.  I feel sorry for you guys getting started late and being concerned with the ice every time we get a little warm up. :-\
Tastes like RockBass<br />                                             \"Official Horticulturalist of the NYRC\"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
one park is open, and one park is closed. border each other. doesn't make sense. oh well. might try this afternoon. ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline jimmyclaude

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Have Trouts!!!
good luck..... got a get-to-gether place and date yet? ???

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
with this weather, i may just do it at huntington again. i would like to do one on greenwood, so we could target muskies. we'll see.

Offline mtbusch

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • lonelywolf
with this weather, i may just do it at huntington again. i would like to do one on greenwood, so we could target muskies. we'll see.
I wonder if swing bridge at night is good for walleye! Anybody try it in the dark with latterns? thinking about it.
lonelywolf lol

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
I wonder if swing bridge at night is good for walleye! Anybody try it in the dark with latterns? thinking about it.
well for starters I don't think ya wanna use Lanterns. Eyes are very sensitive to light.....thats why most guys only catch them at night or dawn/dusk

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.