Author Topic: Clam Assent Float Suit reviews???  (Read 6362 times)

Offline cavecat

• IceShanty Rookie
Clam Assent Float Suit reviews???
« on: Feb 14, 2018, 09:22 AM »
Does any one own the Clam Assent Float suit and what are your thoughts? Since there new, there are very few reviews.

Thanks

Offline Monticatgeek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Clam Assent Float Suit reviews???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2018, 10:34 PM »
I can give you insight on them. they replaced the original Lift suit. the floatation material was redesigned as to how it was sewn into the parka and bibs. it is a slightly less bulky float material too. there was a inner liner/fleece jacket added that can be taken out as needed depending on the weather. zippers now have magnetic flap covers instead of Velcro. has under arm vents to release excess body heat when needed. comes in three different color : blue/black/charcoal, orange/black/charcoal, or green/black. I have both the Lift suit and the new Ascent suit and like them both. the added liner/fleece jacket makes the Ascent really warm. you can't go wrong with the Ascent suit. the only thing that needs to be noted thou is that there was a slight mix up at the manufacture this year when they put the sizes on the suits they forgot to account for the added thickness of having the liner in the parka. so with that if you normally wear say a Large you would need a XL. I am normally XL and had to go 2XL with my parka. the bib sizes are spot on thou. this sizing issue will be corrected with next seasons run of the suits.
Fishing is not a hobby it is a way of life

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2018, 06:58 AM »
Sounds like they pretty much copied striker, magnetic flaps, vents ect

Offline Summertoast318

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Apr 04, 2018, 09:41 AM »
I picked up the new ascent suit this year too. Really really warm no complaints there. Magnetic snaps are pretty much the same thing as the striker suits. My ice buddy has the striker predator. Pretty comparable to the ascent clam suit. The main difference is obviously the colors but on the thighs the striker has removable/washable microfiber towels to wipe off your hands where the ascent suit does not. Not a huge deal. I usually have a towel hanging from one of the poles in my tent for that anyways. The clam ascent also has more padding in the knees than the striker suit has, for hole hopping when your kneeling on the ice. Awesome suit. I love it. It’s warm and it floats. Best price I found was from up north sports. I wanna say I got it for $190 apiece. Don’t know if they’re still running a sale or not.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.