Author Topic: PVC !!! Show us your PVC, Build, add-on, rod holders, ETC. Any with PVC pipe!  (Read 263324 times)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Holy Cow!!! Double WOW !!!!

Hi Bart... Man, brother you are a Wizard!  Brother that is an Excellent build..

I bow to the king.    I love it.  The Pontoons, Rod Holders, including a very cool Anchor holder. ( that may double as a rod holder if the anchor is
in the water.
    Bart, you really out done yourself this time. You designed a very clean looking and light weight system that looks like it will work just perfect.
Awesome how the pontoons are in four separate pieces... I like that.
I like that your seat also sits up high. I could not sit at the bottom of a Kayak.. Tried it three weeks or so ago in a very low canoe. Killed me sitting so low.
  So all you have to do now is decide how you are going to secure the sail for it.... LOL.

Great build Bart !!  Have you had t on the water as of yet?

Take care brother....and don't ever stop designing or building the items in your brain...

AltaIce

@)
  " I Don't Fail …  I Succeed In Finding What Does Not Work "

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Here is one on my next to try list..

https://youtu.be/ZqnB8h4cG-0

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Thanks. I had it out for a test ride,the pontoons are awesome! The kayak is rock solid, no more of that spooky tipping. I stood and it felt good, should be standing to fish in no time. Hitting the water in the morning and fishing this time!
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Here is one on my next to try list..

https://youtu.be/ZqnB8h4cG-0

That looks cool, may have to try it....
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline jrjach75

• Team IceShanty Addict
So, one of the spots I normally fish is a pretty good walk along mostly asphalt, which is kept clear of snow so it can be tough to drag a shack/sled. I stole an axel design for a kayak trailer and made a cart around it.

Put my suitcase style shack on it, along with some buckets, auger, and tote, it's a pretty easy pull when loaded.

Thinking it will work out nicely, going to add eyebolts for bungee straps and screws into all the connections, I don't know if I can trust the glue what it gets cold.

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Rod holders for the sled. Holds 8 rods and the grooves I drilled along the side of the 2x4 where the holders mount means only need one screw to mount each and the rods are angled away from the sled so they don't interfere with the sled cover, equipment, etc. Cost me $0.00 as I had some PVC scrap already. The little red bungie chord loops over the row of reel mounts when traveling to keep the rods from bouncing out.

You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
jrjach75, nice cart!

HardH2OFishin, nice rod holder, but it looks like you need to get two more rods...  ;D
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac

<°)))>{

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Ice Scratcher, slick...
  Keep America Godly...

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
@ Ice Scratcher

Simple & cheap............Nicel y done sir !! :thumbsup:

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
So, one of the spots I normally fish is a pretty good walk along mostly asphalt, which is kept clear of snow so it can be tough to drag a shack/sled. I stole an axel design for a kayak trailer and made a cart around it.

(Image removed from quote.)

Put my suitcase style shack on it, along with some buckets, auger, and tote, it's a pretty easy pull when loaded.

(Image removed from quote.)

Thinking it will work out nicely, going to add eyebolts for bungee straps and screws into all the connections, I don't know if I can trust the glue what it gets cold.

Why not add another wheel to the front, then you could just push or pull it.

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
Bart you have too much time on your hands. lol! I like how your mind works. Soon we will be fishing. Keep in touch

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Bart you have too much time on your hands. lol! I like how your mind works. Soon we will be fishing. Keep in touch

All we need now is ice, then it's drill baby, drill...
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Delirious

• IceShanty Rookie

Made a few DIY JawJackers and I was happy with the results. I tried a couple of designs before this one and kept simplifying the design and then added the telescoping feature to accommodate different length ice rods. This design will work with rods from 38 inches to 24 inches. The back end is 1-¼" PVC, a 45° and 90° elbows. The front end is 1" pipe. One fits inside the other so it will telescope. I drilled some holes through both pipes once the parts were assembled spaced about 1-½ " apart. There is a pin with a retaining clip on it for quick adjustments. The front T to keep it upright fits inside a 6 gallon bucket, but is big enough so it wouldn't fall in the hole. Trigger is a bent piece of coat hanger.

The trigger took a little while to fine tune. A cut coat hanger has a sharp edge which made it take too much pressure to trip so I had to file it smooth. The two bends in the trigger let you set it for a light bite (tip) or a heavy bite (first bend).

I'm jacked about modifying my sled from all the ideas posted here!

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice Scratcher, slick... (Image removed from quote.)

@ Ice Scratcher

Simple & cheap............Nicel y done sir !! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, made some super light weight rod holders for my flip, I'll have to get some pictures of..

<°)))>{

Offline Delirious

• IceShanty Rookie

I wanted to share my solution for making rod holders a simple way. I thought about cutting out a notch with various tools and found that if I cut a hole first in the PVC with a hole saw (wood boring bits won't work, trust me) then cutting the pipe, I would end up with 2 nice holders. Just drill the hole in the middle of the two soon-to-be holders. file the edges smooth and mount.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
Delirious, awesome job!
  Keep America Godly...

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
Delirious, nice work!  did you just screw the PVC to the sled?
I might have to do this, i like how the rods are not below the sled line like many other builds.

Offline Delirious

• IceShanty Rookie
Yes, I bolted the assembled T's to the rim of the sled before adding the rod holder tubes.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Here are a few more PVC add on items..

Gray cut in half lengthwise, on the front lip, holds the handle of my clam plate auger when packed up..

The rod holder was made from the lighter weight drain pipe pieces, and aluminum, only one bolt so it can swivel..

Both rod holders a cigarette butt cup slide down into slots on the lip of the sled..

<°)))>{

Offline hounds

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it were easy just anyone would do it !
Nice stuff Ice Scratcher, love the Auger Blade Cover you made.

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice stuff Ice Scratcher, love the Auger Blade Cover you made.

Thanks man!

<°)))>{

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Thanks man!

<°)))>{

Think that cover would work for a laser auger??

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Think that cover would work for a laser auger??

I don't have a lazer to compare it to but I don't think so, for the same reason that Lazer covers don't work on moras. Different shape of the blade..

It might work with a mora that's been converted to a lazer..

<°)))>{

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac

It might work with a mora that's been converted to a lazer..

<°)))>{

That's exactly what iam wondering might have to get some 2 or 3 inch pvc and try it?? The laser adapted  head is a tad bigger then the mora's

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta
Hey everyone!!

I'm back.. LOL

I hope all are doing well and this Holiday Season has been good to you and yours.

It Looks like I have a lot of threads to read and builds to look at - for sure! 

Take Care and be well.

AltaIce

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Darn you photobucket! Wish I could see the builds of years past

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta

Hi Dan,

Really you can't see past photos of the older threads at all??
  I have been away from Ice Shanty for a bit... Has some stuff changed for the older photo system etc?
I did (finally) answer your message, but nostrum if I can send photos on it...
  Looks like I have some reading to catch up on if Photo Bucket is not being used still. LOL.
This old song has to learn new tricks...LMAO..OH Oh..

Dan ... When I get a chance I read up on the new system ( if there is one) for posting new photos.  Cane see any of my old
photos on any of my post in my threads??

AltaIce

@)

Offline AltaIce

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • S.W. Calgary , Alberta

Dan ... Not even some of the photos on this thread show to you??
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=136832.0

Keep me posted.. Looks like I have  a lot more reading to do to see what has changed since I was inhere last...LOL

AltaIce 

@)

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Back to it...

<°)))>{

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.