The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: New Ice Regs  (Read 1816 times)

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
New Ice Regs
« on: Nov 27, 2007, 02:07 PM »

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
Re: New Ice Regs
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2007, 09:09 PM »
I wonder why they put 2008/2009 on the front cover of the law book? Should it be 2007/2008 or am I just being picky.
Steve

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2007, 09:10 PM »
No, I was wondering the same they must of screwed it up. any other thoughts out there?

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2007, 09:29 PM »
  That's kind of funny, here's the content of an E-m I got from them today!!!!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently working on the ice fishing regulations and the 2008 fishing licenses should be available online by December 9th.

Wendy Bolduc
Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife
Information Center
284 State Street
41 State House Station
Augusta ME 04333-0041
Tel: (207) 287-8000
Fax: (207) 287-8094
www.mefishwildlife.com

live free or die in NH, fish western ME

Offline dadstacklebox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice it!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 28, 2007, 05:31 AM »
That does seem odd.? also states Regulations effective Ice-in 2007- March 31, 2008.   :-\
fire and ice go together like hate and love!
        Extreme Outdoors

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #5 on: Nov 28, 2007, 06:04 AM »
I know its not easy making these up but one would think  someone would proof it before sending it out.........of course using "spell checke" is almost an impossible dream also................. :laugh:
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 28, 2007, 06:24 AM »
You have had the 2006 to 2007 ice regs for almost 2 years now. the next are 2008 to 2009, exactly as the state
put out. They publish the regs in 2 year increments.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 28, 2007, 08:46 AM »
alas I see my suggestion didn't make it    in regards to shacks...  being able to put just our licence # on the shacks   rather than name address etc..    Ill prob just do it anyway and chance it in court due to last years problems   think a judge would agree with me   esp in this day and age of identity theft
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2007, 04:48 PM »
alas I see my suggestion didn't make it    in regards to shacks...  being able to put just our licence # on the shacks   rather than name address etc..    Ill prob just do it anyway and chance it in court due to last years problems   think a judge would agree with me   esp in this day and age of identity theft

just put the name of a friend...not only will it keep you undercover but it will guarantee you'll have at least 1 helper getting it off the lake!!  :laugh:

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2007, 04:58 PM »
How about using a nick name , shack name(stabbin cabin), or IS screen name. Just tell the Game Warden that you have a problem putting your name on it and show them your license.(((((FLAG))))) :tipup:
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline sticks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2007, 06:15 PM »
I kinda like the license plate idea, cause i dont believe that there is any way with out approval from the state to get the name and address off the registered owner of that plate.  So thats not a bad idea atol.
Ive found that the wardens in this area seem to know pretty well who has a shack where, I spoke with one last year up in the Brigton area who knew that we had our shack out on the lake already and what part of the lake it was on.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2007, 07:04 AM »
Ive decided thats what I'm gonna do  Ill take it to court if necessary   every licence has a number on it that identifies just me in their data banks  they have all the info  address phone etc  plus alot of them know where I am any way (good part)  why spend all that money on the moses system and not use it

Offline kimball07

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • race,fish,and hunt
« Reply #12 on: Nov 29, 2007, 08:59 AM »
my only thought about name ,town, and cell # i like is if someone sees it sinking or damaged, etc.,

it'd be nice to get a call from a fellow sportsman like this " hi kevin, your shack broke free and has blown down the lake." me= "thanks i'll come get it" before its to late.

Offline fshnfool

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Nov 29, 2007, 09:02 AM »
my only thought about name ,town, and cell # i like is if someone sees it sinking or damaged, etc.,

it'd be nice to get a call from a fellow sportsman like this " hi kevin, your shack broke free and has blown down the lake." me= "thanks i'll come get it" before its to late.
  that same thing happened to me 2 years ago.......gotta call from someone on the lake saying my shack was going down......had I not got the call, it would be good structure today   ;D

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Nov 29, 2007, 09:04 AM »
Ive decided thats what I'm gonna do  Ill take it to court if necessary   every licence has a number on it that identifies just me in their data banks  they have all the info  address phone etc  plus alot of them know where I am any way (good part)  why spend all that money on the moses system and not use it

Run it by IFW (Jaques or Boland) in an email.  They have been very responsive and great in replying to concerns that I have had.
John Boland's email [email protected].  He may be able to direct you to the proper authority.

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Nov 30, 2007, 06:46 AM »
I suggested it to the commissioners office  talked with a lady from up here at length about it   and was told thats a great idea    Ill send it to the "Col" and to the commissioner

Offline Downeaster

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Nov 30, 2007, 07:01 AM »
I think the Maine fishing license # on the shack is a superb idea. I tend to keep a close eye on my
shack all the time, so don't expect too much trouble. I also called last year to a couple of sportsman who had shacks that
were in trouble. Some of their responses were slow and made me wonder why I bothered to call.
I think most people would like a call, if their shack was sinking..

Offline Ice Time

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 30, 2007, 08:01 AM »
I also think the license # on the shack is the way to go. I would think the DIF&W would be all for it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.