The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Wisconsin  (Read 689 times)

Offline mainefishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wisconsin
« on: Nov 22, 2007, 08:16 AM »
Anyone ever tried or know of the hunting and fishing scene out in wisconsin, near the millwaukee area? Im taking a new job and moving out there until atleast 2010 (until job is finished). Never been away from the ocean, infact ive lived in maine for all 23 years of my life, so it will be a change for sure. But i definately want to try out some outdoor sports while im there.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: Nov 22, 2007, 08:29 AM »
i traveled to wisconsin for some icefishing last march and had a great time doing so. things are a little different out there for sure...lots of silos  :D  great fishing and hunting. check out the sportsmans warehouse when ya get there...wish we had one here . good luck with your move and send us some pics when ya start catching

Offline gaudetskie

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's called Leinenkugels and it means Great Beer!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2007, 08:38 AM »
Well first things first....go packers ;D
The fishing scene is great here in WI!! More "shallow water" fish as apposed to trout, burbot. etc. Out here it will be more walleye, panfish, northern pike, muskie, and bass. I'm a bit farther north (Eau Claire area) but I grew up in West Allis, (burb. of milwaukee) If it's lakers your after you can get out on the "big pond" (lake MI.) What line of work are you in?

I hope you find WI. to your liking, if not.....than I hope your new job pays well 8)

nick.

If your going to play Russian Roulette, use a gun with a clip and don't go first!

Offline mainefishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2007, 08:50 AM »
Startup engineer, starting up a big coal plant in oak creek. ill be right near the big lake, infact the plant uses water from the lake. And on a side note, this is just proof that maines college graduates are leaving maine, because thats what i am, and thats what im doing... ill be making almost twice what im making here in maine

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2007, 09:14 AM »
The Great Lakes and their tribs produce trout and salmon that far surpass the size of those here in Maine.  I know the Buffalo area well, but not further west.  I have heard that the Milwaukee River has a good run of coho salmon.  Congrats on the new job, get psyched, start the web search and post questions on the fishing.  Opportunities await you.

Offline slt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2007, 09:22 AM »
Years ago I fished the Eagle river area for Muskie. The parts I think I remember ( Mr. Daniels had something to do with this ) were of beautiful scenery and great people. Good luck with the new career
diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Offline OLBLUUU

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2007, 09:29 AM »
you may leave maine and enjoy it for a little while ,.............. but the ocean will always call you back to MAINE! nothing like the smell of low tide!!!!! good luck , my brother does the same thing and always comes back saying , "nothing beats MAINE"

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2007, 11:03 AM »
Grass is always greener on the other side ........heard great things about fishin out there and some great cheese................ ...... :laugh:
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23, 2007, 11:23 AM »
Do yourself a Favor and don't come back cept to visit....lol
You'll see how the normal taxed ppl live.
I lived in Wis. from '90-'01 and think they have a much better fishery then we do here, but it helps to have a lot more water to choose from.
Hunting is good, but thier deer season is only a week long, with at least twice as many hunters as we have here, and them corn/alfelpha breed deer get a little bigger...lol  It will be a little different at first, but I managed to tag mine every year.
I hope ya enjoy it and come back to VISIT from time to time.

Once a Packer fan, always a Packer fan......10-1   Go Pack GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.