The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: New Law Books Out  (Read 1486 times)

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
New Law Books Out
« on: Nov 20, 2007, 03:27 PM »
Picked mine up this afternoon and gave a quick look through and it is just as Oldfox said, fishing 24/7.  WS must be loving this change ;D  Also, Pleasant Pond in Caratunk open for dead bait fishing.  Congrats to those who participated in affecting change :tipup:

Offline dadstacklebox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice it!
Re: New Law Books Out
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2007, 03:45 PM »
Thanks gamefisher, I can't wait to get mine. Is it simpler?  ;D
fire and ice go together like hate and love!
        Extreme Outdoors

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2007, 03:49 PM »
Unfortunately, IFW didn't update their website yet to include this.  Do you see a lot of special regs in the indiividual counties/waters that might limit the change somewhat?  Can you tell if 5 lines are still OK at night or is this reduced?

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2007, 04:05 PM »
Gents - haven't had but a second to review, but yes, as a general rule, I do think they are continuing to make an effort to simplfy.  A lot of the S-codes are no longer in use.  Jim C. - 5 lines yes - just says "must be under immediate supervision" (another one of those grey areas leaving too much room for interp. ;D)  Since strides have been made lets all ban together to make no / closed season - when there's ice you ice fish and when there is open water you open water fish - how could we get any more streamlined - no fixed dates just FISH TO THE CONDITIONS
I for one am one the record as saying the State is continuing to make some nice changes and look forward to more.....

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2007, 04:11 PM »
Maybe you could get rid of the no hunting on sundays!

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 20, 2007, 06:12 PM »
Maybe you could get rid of the no hunting on sundays!
Amen! 

Unfortunately, reality slaps you in the face, and says, "That's never gonna happen."
But we can all wish and hope and pray and be disappointed each time that subject is
discussed.  SAM our great advocate has waffled on this one.  It ain't gonna happen in
your life time DD, and neither will it happen mine.

BTW.  I was down in W.V. this last weekend.  Let me tell you about the DEER I saw....
Opening day was Monday.  It just made me shake my head.  I would see over 6 dozen
in the fields each morning (yes on opening day too!...the fields were POSTED), but they
have more deer down there than all of Northern Maine.  Breaks my heart!  Okay enough
of this rant....I just wish...

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2007, 06:57 PM »

Amen to that!!

Since strides have been made lets all ban together to make no / closed season - when there's ice you ice fish and when there is open water you open water fish - how could we get any more streamlined - no fixed dates just FISH TO THE CONDITIONS
I/quote]

Offline buddah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2007, 07:48 PM »
I'm anxious to check this night rule out as it pertains to smelts,one good underwater light and a couple of ultralight jig poles and i'll never have to buy smelts for bait again. :clap: :clap:

Offline OLBLUUU

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Go Big
« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2007, 09:06 AM »
I'm anxious to check this night rule out as it pertains to smelts,one good underwater light and a couple of ultralight jig poles and i'll never have to buy smelts for bait again. :clap: :clap:

whattabout the MONSTER BROWNS that will come through the ice in '08 :o :o :o :o

Offline Butch Moore

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • OOOOPS!!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2007, 09:32 AM »
Since strides have been made lets all ban together to make no / closed season - when there's ice you ice fish and when there is open water you open water fish - how could we get any more streamlined - no fixed dates just FISH TO THE CONDITIONS

This will likely be discussed at the MIAA meeting:

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=60168.0
We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately. - Ben Franklin

Offline gamefisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 21, 2007, 11:21 AM »

whattabout the MONSTER BROWNS that will come through the ice in '08 :o :o :o :o

I sure hope you are right Bluuuu - I wonder how this rule change will effect where people put there shacks ???

Offline rich81

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Nov 23, 2007, 09:50 AM »
I sure hope you are right Bluuuu - I wonder how this rule change will effect where people put there shacks ???

sounds like it to me so far

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 23, 2007, 10:03 AM »
Hey can anyone get there hands on a '08 rule book that might like to mail it to me?

Offline icecruiser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Nov 23, 2007, 04:00 PM »
Go to this page

http://www.maine.gov/ifw/laws_rules/fishing/icelaws.htm

they have a phone number and e-mail address you can request the book and they will send you one

John

Offline rockhound57

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Nov 23, 2007, 07:51 PM »
 ???   the web site only lists 07 reg's, so I E-m them asking when 08 reg's and lic appl's will be available online ;)   :tipup:
      live free or die in NH, fish western ME

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.