The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: LLB new hunt fish store  (Read 990 times)

Offline gearjammer

• Team IceShanty Regular
LLB new hunt fish store
« on: Nov 08, 2007, 02:52 PM »
just a heads up the new store is stocked with ice fish gear. fianally they have a great selection of both hunt and fish gear. (not a womens clothing store anymore) :laugh:

Offline pegasus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • THINK ICE
Re: LLB new hunt fish store
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2007, 05:02 PM »
I wonder what changed their mind? ???
Steve

Offline mainefishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2007, 05:30 PM »
I made my first visit to the new store today to get a  orange baseball cap. The trip was a failure. I couldnt find a simple orange cap. They had heavy insualted ball caps, and somewhat insulated ball caps. I thought i had found one and then it turned out it had two light bulbs on the visor. Seems like a great idea, but i just wanted a simple cap!

Offline mainefishaddict

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2007, 07:24 PM »
I made my first visit to the new store today to get a  orange baseball cap. The trip was a failure. I couldnt find a simple orange cap. They had heavy insualted ball caps, and somewhat insulated ball caps. I thought i had found one and then it turned out it had two light bulbs on the visor. Seems like a great idea, but i just wanted a simple cap!

It's called wal-mart!  ;D

Offline maineduckhunter

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Stop Bucket Biologist and Kill ALL Maine Pike!!!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 10, 2007, 06:15 PM »
I gave up on L.L. Bean........they don't have BIG man sizes........I now do all my business at Cabela's........same 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.  Can't wait till the new one opens in Scarborough.

Offline Industry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 22, 2007, 07:19 AM »
I really don't wanna get started on Beans. they now cater to the type of people who think "off the beaten path" is going to a Local coffee place instead of a Starbucks. Out in the wilderness is anywhere north of Falmouth.
Why do I "need" an assault rifle? Because I'm not nearly as effective with my as$ault rock.

Offline yukoncornelius

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22, 2007, 07:29 AM »
i was impressed with the layout - very nice

the gun department was much expanded, and they now carry more brands

the clothing selection was very good, they now seem to have a) more than before and b) actually have everything they show in the catalog in the store

fishing department was greatly expanded; i was disappointed in the fly shop, about the same tying gear, just more spread out. more clothing, though. i found the guys in the fly shop (they were training a bunch of new ones) to be, um, underwhelming at best.

looking forward to cabellas as well, but some of the bean stuff is still nice; i still covet the windbloc wool jack-shirt

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22, 2007, 12:00 PM »
Did someone say Walmart? My eyes almost caught on fire. That place stinks for anything, atleast here in ma. Might as well order one from Cabela's or Dick's on line.
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.