Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: I'm done  (Read 1459 times)

Offline 26perch

• IceShanty Rookie
I'm done
« on: Mar 31, 2014, 09:41 PM »
 I was on Cornelia Sat with no problem & 17" of ice. Got 21 yellows & 2 cat. Went back this am for what I thought for what I thought would be one more trip but when I got there the ice had receded enough that I couldn't have brought a long enough plank to get to good ice. On the way home I also checked out Interstate Park Lake & a private pond but to no avail  so I've decided to hang it up til next winter.  It's been a tough winter for me although I only got skunked once- first time in 2 yrs. I blame the tough bite mainly on the weather The highlights of the winter was a 28" cat & taking my great grandson- 4 yrs. old out a couple of times.   Hope to see you on the ice next winter     26 perch

Offline ASATMillerbluegill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Addict
Re: I'm done
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31, 2014, 09:47 PM »
I hung it up too after my last outing yesterday. It was a tough year for me; it must have been the constant cold fronts. I could always catch dinner, but it was always a slow grinding out my catch. No hammering them or what I would call slaughtering them. Two days of 20-21 crappies were my best days. I never ever caught a limit of any species. This was def a tough bite season for me.

Buy a suit that floats you

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Apr 01, 2014, 08:42 AM »
I think we all are done. I was hoping to hit Emerson one more time this coming Saturday but Stan's fb page he says the edges are getting bad. Oh well. I had a great season. Started tough but got good late January and was good the rest of the way. Been awesome the last month.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #3 on: Apr 01, 2014, 10:46 AM »
I have to put my Hyfax runners on my Frabill before I get it up in the rafters.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Apr 01, 2014, 07:50 PM »
Both of mine are up in the rafters also.  I've had better years.  Did enjoy meeting some of you up at Brushy Creek one snowy day.  Noticing some fish kill on some of my farm ponds.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #5 on: Apr 02, 2014, 06:36 PM »
Got it all done and managed to get the sled in the rafters all by myself, that was a feat!

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Apr 05, 2014, 10:33 PM »
OK now I am done. I was on West Okoboji one last time today.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.