New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NEW HARTFORD GANDER MOUNTAIN  (Read 2611 times)

Offline WOODYPIKEMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
NEW HARTFORD GANDER MOUNTAIN
« on: Oct 22, 2010, 11:57 AM »
Bad news!!!!!  No more bait shop at the Gander mountain in New Hartford

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lead me to all of your secret spots or I'll bite!
Re: NEW HARTFORD GANDER MOUNTAIN
« Reply #1 on: Oct 22, 2010, 12:16 PM »
That's a stupid move on their part.  I buy bait there when I travel to Rome and surrounding areas.  Won't be giving them my business anymore!

These large chains suck!   I wish more of the MaPa outdoors shops were still here!

Offline silvercreeker

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Oct 22, 2010, 05:20 PM »
Thats a bummer, the big chains come in and wipe out the private shops, and then they change "mindsets" and the consumers are scrambling.
We are lucky in Western NY, lots of great shops still around.
The Greenhornet's caught more fish then you've lied about, Gustafson!

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Length 47 3/4 " Girth 24" NY Northern Pike
« Reply #3 on: Oct 24, 2010, 10:45 AM »
Thats not the only bad thing, they cut their inventory 10 fold.. the fishing department completely stinks now... I was all amped up for grand reopening they made like they were making the place better than ever after the fire..... COMPLETELY UNTRUE.... They lost me as a customer thats for sure, but I DONT THINK THEY CARE...
TeamNumbnutts on youtube ... Subscribe !
https://m.youtube.com/results?q=teamnumbnutts&sm=3

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Oct 24, 2010, 04:20 PM »
Give them some feedback.
Gander Mtn Survey

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline RTF

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Oct 27, 2010, 07:13 AM »
So Gander MT is now open ? Whats this about cutting the inventory back ?

Offline Superpole

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Oct 27, 2010, 07:30 AM »
Wasn't it the bait tank that set the place on fire?

Offline RTF

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Oct 27, 2010, 07:31 AM »
Wasn't it the bait tank that set the place on fire?

Yep. And why did it take months to re-open ???

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Oct 27, 2010, 09:45 AM »
When the fire struck, apparently they thought since it was going to be closed they might as well remodell the place probably to match their newer stores. The inventory thing, well they dont carry half the gear they did before in the fishing dept... It really stunk...

Offline RTF

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Oct 28, 2010, 02:59 AM »
The inventory thing, well they dont carry half the gear they did before in the fishing dept... It really stunk...

That statement there speaks volume to me and not sure I'll even make the trip up there this weekend now. What a shame.

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Oct 28, 2010, 04:51 PM »
I used to get bait at this Gander when I fish Delta Lake in Rome.  I'm boycotting the place now.  Bait shops draw spontaneous sales from sportsman.....I bet the shirt and tie who thought of the design never fished one day in his life!!!!

NO MORE GANDER FOR ME!

Offline fishfinger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Oct 29, 2010, 12:30 PM »
Give them some feedback.
Gander Mtn Survey

RG

"The squeaky wheel gets the oil."

Voice you opinions/complaints

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Oct 29, 2010, 04:59 PM »
Bob:
        I would like to first thank you for your years of business. I understand your frustration with the live bait no longer being sold at the store. Rest assured I have communicated your concerns to our home office and will let you know if anything changes. In the mean time I hope you will reconsider shopping at gander mountain as we have done a lot to make the shopping experience here a better one.

Thank You
Mark Cole
Store Manager 257
New Hartford NY
1-315-768-8800
1-315-768-8805

Boilerplate :-\
I gave them 3 links to this thread. Apparently they could care less.  Too bad.
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
« Reply #13 on: Oct 29, 2010, 06:53 PM »
Cabelas blows them away. Don't we love the certified bait laws use to be able to catch your own bait. We are a prisoner of a bait dealer.
Mr.Esox

Offline deadsmelthead

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 29, 2010, 08:13 PM »
Bob:
        I would like to first thank you for your years of business. I understand your frustration with the live bait no longer being sold at the store. Rest assured I have communicated your concerns to our home office and will let you know if anything changes. In the mean time I hope you will reconsider shopping at gander mountain as we have done a lot to make the shopping experience here a better one.

Thank You
Mark Cole
Store Manager 257
New Hartford NY
1-315-768-8800
1-315-768-8805

Boilerplate :-\
I gave them 3 links to this thread. Apparently they could care less.  Too bad.
RG
That's the identicle email I got... I also told them about these threads on here and fishfinder... I started the one on fishfinder....

The department manager called me yesterday and said he's trying to fix the issues..

Offline MBrown4

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • There's a buggy whip!
« Reply #15 on: Oct 29, 2010, 09:55 PM »
after filling out that survey online i was contacted the next day via phone.it was the fishing department manager tim.after talking to him and telling him how many of us werent happy with stock and amount of inventory he assured me that they will have even more than they used to.he said the first week before grandopening they will have all of their stock. he said that it was also a tough time between seasons aswell.he also said that it was unfortunate that they will not be putting a new bait tank in but it was the cause of all of their problems.

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Oct 31, 2010, 03:42 PM »
Went to the New Hartford Gander Mtn today......Very unhappy with the changes.  I was asked by a Manager how I liked the store and its changes.  I told him I hated it.  He said really.  Yes, really I said.  Where is the tackle, where is the bait shop, where is the fishing department?  He basically gave me a political excuse why there was no bait anymore.  He said something about insurance premiums going through the roof.....I told him that I would not be visiting the store anymore because there is no bait shop......I bet you guys feel the same!

Offline RTF

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Nov 03, 2010, 03:48 AM »
Well I just had to go up and to see what all the fuss was about. Walked in there Saturday the 30th and was immediately approached by the fishing dept staff. We talked about my concerns and the concerns of others on this site. After a grand tour of the department and a comparison of pre-fire inventory and post fire inventory the only MAJOR change to the fishing department is the live bait issue. As far as fishing tackle, especially ice fishing tackle, they still out rank Wal-Mart, Dick's and Herbs.

I like the new look. It is much more organized then before. Everyone in the store was super nice and very helpful. I found everything I was looking for and was in no way disappointed. YES it will take time to get use to and I bet over half the readers on  iceshanty will still shop at Gander. My only complaint with Gander and which has been a thorn in my side from day one is their prices.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.