Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: okoboji  (Read 6610 times)

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
Re: okoboji
« Reply #30 on: Dec 09, 2013, 10:20 PM »
Wow how thick ?? Is spirit?
Never to many short poles

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Dec 09, 2013, 10:41 PM »
Reports are 8" I havent been out to check it, I can go not catch eyes closer to home....Well guess we are catching a few but keepers are hard to come by but cats are fun to catch....

Offline fall_waterfowler

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Whack 'em 'n' Stack 'em"
« Reply #32 on: Dec 10, 2013, 03:20 AM »
Anything happening on Anglers or Buffalo run yet?  Thinking of going up on day off Wednesday

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 10, 2013, 04:39 PM »
I'm thinking the fishing is probably excellent if the locals say its a Dead Sea . I have personally had that happen on here a few times

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 10, 2013, 05:54 PM »
If the fishing was good my shack and auger would be in my truck not in the garage and I wouldnt be here posting at 5:55 pm...

Offline bumper3054

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 11, 2013, 12:11 AM »
ICE CONDITIONS ARE GOOD FOR WHEELERS AND SLEDS. WITH THE FOUR INCHES OF NEW SNOW COVER WE HAVE THE BITE SHOULD TURN ON. CRYSTAL CLEAR WATER+NO SNOW COVER=SPOOKY FISH. I WILL BE OUT ALL DAY TOMORROW AND CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE SOME NICE GILLS AND A LIMIT OF EYES. WILL LET YOU KNOW

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Dec 11, 2013, 03:31 PM »
I wouldn't be posting but I had to work today . I tried to call in sick and go fishing but every time I called my BOSS THE PHONE WENT TO MY VOICE MAIL  it sucks being self employed and my shack and auger lives in the back of my truck all winter. But some guys I no up there just told me fishing was excellent

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 11, 2013, 06:20 PM »
I'm in between shacks at the moment pick the new one up Sunday....After that it wont leave my truck till ice out....

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 12, 2013, 07:44 AM »
I don't care if the fishing is terrible, awesome, world class, if I ever have an afternoon between sick wife, overworked wife, kids sports, kids play practice, funerals, 2 jobs I am gonna go fishing at the lakes.
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline squ1rr31_

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Addicted to freezing.
« Reply #39 on: Dec 12, 2013, 08:16 AM »
Wait... There's two wives? Jk, get out there man you deserve it! :P

Offline Mr.Seaguar

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 12, 2013, 02:36 PM »
Wait... There's two wives? Jk, get out there man you deserve it! :P

What kind of crazy do you think I am? One is enough
Every plastics manufacturer claims plastics outfish livebait. So now I use livebait just for the increased challenge.

Offline IGLfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 12, 2013, 03:46 PM »
Not that i would recommend it,,, but there was 4 trucks out on Buffalo run today on Big Spirit...

Offline BigSling

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 12, 2013, 05:53 PM »
Was out for a couple hours today on West. Saw 1 atv on Little Emerson while driving by. I measured 5-6" on the south end of Little Millers but no fish. There was 1 atv on Little Millers. I talked to a guy who fished the north end and he only saw 1 dink. I ventured to the main bay a little ways and was on 5". Only saw 2 fish and only 1 bit. Decent ice but slow fishing.

Offline toofuss

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • stick 'em
« Reply #43 on: Dec 15, 2013, 03:45 AM »
I wouldn't be posting but I had to work today . I tried to call in sick and go fishing but every time I called my BOSS THE PHONE WENT TO MY VOICE MAIL  it sucks being self employed and my shack and auger lives in the back of my truck all winter. But some guys I no up there just told me fishing was excellent

Just call me Ron I will give ya the day off. Only condition is you gotta swing by and pick me up also lmao.

I was on a bus and just happened to be sitting on a news paper. This guy came up and asked. "Are you reading that ?"
I said  yes, stood up, turned the page and sat back down.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.