Author Topic: rod holders  (Read 802 times)

Offline sodaboy

• IceShanty Rookie
rod holders
« on: Jan 14, 2017, 06:27 AM »
what do you use to keep your rod off the ice when fishing? i use two rods one in hand and one that I sit down. is there anything out there or homemade to put rod in to keep off the ice?

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Re: rod holders
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2017, 06:35 AM »
Yes! Do a search on ice fishing rod holders. The sub forum I think it is ice fishing tips may have a thread about what you are looking for.
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2017, 06:51 AM »
How do you fish ? Bucket ...shelter ...do you use a flasher ? lots of bucket rod holders ...some flashers have a rod holder accessory ...shelter options are endless . Do tell
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:36 AM »
Good little holders and fold up nice and compact.  No more having to pull the rod forward out of a holder before you can set the hook.  They work great.

http://fishdangler.com
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:38 AM »
i been using the ht screw in ones. you do need a pilot hole to screw them in though. they will hold any rod from the drink no doubt!   we dead stick a lot for crappie at night. they are real sturdy to use the automatic hook setter(wire and string) on them too. for years i used ones i bent-up myself with heavy wire and they worked good enough too.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline Bartb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:42 AM »
I use my vexilars built in rod holder in my ultra pack or pro pack
I fish a lot....I catch a little.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2017, 08:51 AM »
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/grayden-outdoor-portable-multi-flex-rod-holders?a=488394

use one of these in my flip-over ...suppose you could rig it to a bucket ...utility sled etc...its nice as it swivels some giving it some play ...not a true tip down per se but similar
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2017, 09:07 AM »
i use rapala brand rod holds on buckets and a no name bucket type rod holder that has much smaller wire and i use those on the arm rests of a directer chair taped on. those can go into slits on the lip of the flip over i cut for them using a small cut off wheel and a drill bit for the ends of that cut.

then there are the tip downs and the rod holders that sit on top of ice. i don't care for the sit on top holders. it's a good way to lose a rod.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.