Author Topic: Attaching reflectix with 3m spray adhesive  (Read 3077 times)

Offline Big Dude

• IceShanty Rookie
Attaching reflectix with 3m spray adhesive
« on: Jan 13, 2017, 04:22 PM »
So I got my roll of reflectix today and am going to install it this weekend. I have read some people have had problems with condensation build up between the fabric of the house and the reflectix. My house is older and I didn't pay much for it so I am ok with doing a perminant install because also from what I have read I feel that the reflectix will outlive my need for this house before I upgrade and just use the sled portion for early season. I am wondering if anyone has tried to do the spray adhesive install because I believe that having it be attached like that would eliminate any condensation. If anyone has done the spray adheasive please let me know how it worked out. Thanks a lot

DUDE

Offline Huntindave

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Attaching reflectix with 3m spray adhesive
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2017, 04:54 PM »
Yes, I used 3M spray adhesive to attach the reflectix.  It worked well.  I spray both surfaces, let it set just a minute and then pressed the sections into place.  Held up well for 3 or 4 seasons before some of the edges started loosening.  It wasn't too bad and I never reglued or anything, as I was upgrading to a full thermal by that time.
take care,
Dave  :>)

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 13, 2017, 05:59 PM »
If you cut it to the correct length there should not be an airgap between the reflectix and the tent on a flip over. I've never had condensation

Catchin' Fish

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2017, 06:19 PM »
Spray both pieces evenly.

Let the adhesive dry to the touch. Then make sure you get the piece where you want it. You only get one chance.

And.....make sure there's plenty of ventilation in the area. The stuff is nasty.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2017, 05:46 AM »
The key to the 3m adhesive is to let it tack up first spray it on. And check it with your finger when it tacks up your ready to stick it . If you try and stick it on when it's too wet it wiggle all around when trying to dry and like he said above you only have one shot lol  ;D

Offline Big Dude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2017, 07:36 AM »
Thanks for the replys folks. I am planning on insulating the front, top and back of my shack is this what you guys did or did you just do the top and back?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.