Author Topic: different jig opinions?  (Read 1620 times)

Offline trapsht

• IceShanty Rookie
different jig opinions?
« on: Nov 30, 2005, 09:43 PM »
I've been ice fishing my whole life, but this will be my first year fishing for perch and 'eyes in Mille Lacs.  i'm trying to buy some jigs for a few days of fishing and am confused.  It seems that the consensus on this site is swimming jigs.  However, on a different site, people swear by spoons(mostly jr angel eyes ).  I've also noticed that particular site is sponsored by that company.  I guess what I'm asking is should I buy every kind of jig?  I just don't know where to start without breaking the bank. 

grumpymoe

Re: different jig opinions?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2005, 09:16 PM »
go with your gut instincts.......you already know the right choice.....Grump :flex:

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2005, 09:00 AM »
Without breaking the bank, I'd start with a couple Swedish pimples and cast masters in silver and gold.  A larger size of each for walleye, and a smaller size for perch.  You might want to pick up a couple smaller ice jigs for perch as well.  If you have the cash pick up a swim bait or two for walleye, if not get them next season.  You don't have to spend a ton of money, work your way into it over time.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2005, 11:24 AM »
When I first starte dout I picked up a pimple (or pimple knockoff) and Rapala Jig and a few small teardrop style jigs. I also took some plain old hooks...I hit the ice and just tried different things..as I met people I found new tricks and techniques...and my collection grew

The Key when buying jigs is not to listen to Company's but to listen to Fish and Fisherman they will tell you what to buy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.