Author Topic: dead stick night crawlers???  (Read 1850 times)

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
dead stick night crawlers???
« on: Jan 04, 2013, 10:34 PM »
Hi guys,
Minnows are tough to come by for me and im going out to a local lake for eyes Sunday am.  Do you guys ever dead stick night crawlers though the ice for eyes?  Cheers,Chris

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: dead stick night crawlers???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2013, 09:00 AM »
no, ive never tried them, but you might think about buying/trapping minnows in bulk and storing them, this way you got  em when u need them. ive thought about using a stinkbait for them but never tried

Offline johnny-walleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Hi guys,
Minnows are tough to come by for me and im going out to a local lake for eyes Sunday am.  Do you guys ever dead stick night crawlers though the ice for eyes?  Cheers,Chris

What's the harm in trying?  Every great idea has a starting point.  Let us know how it goes.

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2013, 08:16 PM »
no doubt..I will. Cheers everyone.

Offline Fishin Friesz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2013, 01:59 PM »
I've caught plenty of walleyes deadsticking crawlers while I've fishing for perch.  they like them jigged on a swedish pimple as well.  No live bait allowed around where I live so we have to be resourceful ;D

Offline TrikerJohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2013, 12:26 PM »
Thanks Chris for asking! I have wondered the same thing a time or two, just never took the time to try it. After reading some of the replies, guess what??? If you see me out on the ice, you can bet there will be some crawlers with me. Thanks for asking and thanks to you guys replying.!!! That's why I love this site!  :tipup: TrikerJohn
I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.