Author Topic: Don't Want to beat a deadhorse-hard water eyes??  (Read 1308 times)

Offline scmelik

• Team IceShanty Addict
Don't Want to beat a deadhorse-hard water eyes??
« on: Feb 03, 2010, 06:16 PM »
I know this topic has been cover a ton and I hate beating a dead horse but I could use your guys advice.  Next weekend I am planning on heading out to fish for some eyes over night.  Unfortunately I have never targeted eyes on hard water so I don't know much, I am mainly a panfish guy and panfish and eyes are two totally different cats.  When I fish for panfish I usually try and cut holes until I find a school of fish and then move when they do, rarely do I ever fish a hole for more than 10-20 min unless the fish stay under me.  With walleyes from what I can tell are major movers, so do you setup and wait for them to come crusing through or do you still look for schools?  I don't run tipups (to boring for me) so I will probably have one deadstick and a jigging rod going in my shack.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys.

Offline IceMan08

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Don't Want to beat a deadhorse-hard water eyes??
« Reply #1 on: Feb 03, 2010, 06:36 PM »
Gotta hit the high percentage spots like drop offs and rock piles.  Walleyes are tough in the winter.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.