New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Schroon Lake perch fishing ( with some cool drone footage)  (Read 2180 times)

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Schroon Lake perch fishing ( with some cool drone footage)
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2019, 04:03 AM »
full I liked that ...... suggestion   drill two holes side by side  put the flasher in one and jig the other ,you won't have to keep pulling the flasher..... now lets find a god school  fill a bucket and end the video with mom frying them  ;D..................... good video and I see rowan out fished you again

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2019, 08:02 AM »
Thanks trapper,  he had some really good fish but lost them at the hole. We only had larger bait fish and it seemed like they would stuff the mouth of the fish too much and not get a good hook set.  Rowan’s personal best perch is 14.25 Inches.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2019, 06:15 PM »
Cool video. I enjoyed it. It’s amazing the size of the schools of perch there and they are all rats. Fun for the kid tho.

I might need to get you out fishing this season in my boat. We could make a real sweet video with that drone...

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2019, 06:43 PM »
I want to see a video where a bunch of guys pound the perch and big gills toss them in a pile the  at the end a good fish fry .... ;D or some one catch a 30 inch northern and toss him right on the ice to go home for diner ;D..... sorta like deer hunting videos I'm tired of seeing  them wait for a monster buck I want to see a hunter rail a 70 pound doe and   say  hey a tag is a  heck of a thing to waste  and drag him out .....I want to see someone   put five big small mouths on a stringer and  explain how he only uses live bait ,shiners and crawfish .... now that's entertainment mister ..... you can call them the realistic series .......

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2019, 06:49 PM »
Yeah lots of dink’s. We only had hunts for bait fish because the trip was going to be for lakers. We had about 15 hits on the jaw jackers but it must have been like 10 inch perch that couldn’t get them down in one bite and couldn’t get a hook set. I had a good school and got about 8 in a row but the audio was crap from having the GoPro under water lol I could definitely get some sick boat drone footage! I have enough batteries for about 2 hours of Flight. Check out this intro , I got some cool shots of my boat on the gsl

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Jan 08, 2019, 06:58 PM »
I want to see a video where a bunch of guys pound the perch and big gills toss them in a pile the  at the end a good fish fry .... ;D or some one catch a 30 inch northern and toss him right on the ice to go home for diner ;D..... sorta like deer hunting videos I'm tired of seeing  them wait for a monster buck I want to see a hunter rail a 70 pound doe and   say  hey a tag is a  heck of a thing to waste  and drag him out .....I want to see someone   put five big small mouths on a stringer and  explain how he only uses live bait ,shiners and crawfish .... now that's entertainment mister ..... you can call them the realistic series .......

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 08, 2019, 07:36 PM »
That’s a nice bass !

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2019, 07:46 PM »
That’s a nice bass !

I need to get another go pro. I got rid of it 2 years ago. Got some good videos with it. I just found that I didn’t want to take the time to edit any of it lol

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 08, 2019, 08:00 PM »
Looks like that things is cranking. What’s the top speed on that thing?  The trick to the whole GoPro thing is to get a remote and use that to control it. So you have a bunch of good clips instead of 3 hours of footage to edit. The edit is the longest part  of the process . The new ones are voice control also.

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2019, 08:15 PM »
Looks like that things is cranking. What’s the top speed on that thing?  The trick to the whole GoPro thing is to get a remote and use that to control it. So you have a bunch of good clips instead of 3 hours of footage to edit. The edit is the longest part  of the process . The new ones are voice control also.

I had the Bluetooth go pro so I could turn it on and off with my phone. Snap photos with it, from my phone etc..  but it’s not smart to hold a smart phone while trying to drive just to use it as a remote lol. I will get another one.

That boat did 74 on a good day. At the end of the video when I open it up I’m clipping 71. My new boat is significantly faster. Been 76 so far with more in it.

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 08, 2019, 08:25 PM »
That’s sick. I shrink wrap and winterize a few nice bass boats for guys. They fly. Mines got twin 225 Yamahas , runs about 50 mph wide open lol

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Jan 08, 2019, 08:27 PM »
That’s sick. I shrink wrap and winterize a few nice bass boats for guys. They fly. Mines got twin 225 Yamahas , runs about 50 mph wide open lol

Yeah, they are dangerous lol

Twin yami’s. Haha. Awesome

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Jan 08, 2019, 08:32 PM »
boat ride was fun lol  ......we had a get together on sandy pond  boogie  put it on great time fished  ate had fun   get togethers like that are great

that was one nice bass for ny waters a trophy for sure

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 08, 2019, 08:38 PM »
boat ride was fun lol  ......we had a get together on sandy pond  boogie  put it on great time fished  ate had fun   get togethers like that are great

that was one nice bass for ny waters a trophy for sure

Every year a bunch of us attend a big tournament on candlewood that is a cancer fund raiser. It’s a full day event. Tournament, winnings, raffles,  bbq... I enjoy those events.

Every fall I do a big tournament on the Mohawk as well that is a fund raiser for multiple children’s hospitals. Last year it was one specific child that was sponsored. That stuff hits real close to home for me so not only is it for a great cause, but I take it personal.

That bass doesn’t make my top 5 😉

Offline SSmokinn SS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 08, 2019, 08:46 PM »
I totally high jacked your thread throttle... sorry.

Where is the next video gonna be shot at?

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Jan 08, 2019, 09:04 PM »
Hopefully me and Rowan will hit up some ice derby’s, I’m not sure on the next video, maybe cossayuna, schroon or the gsl.

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 09, 2019, 10:04 AM »
Great job on the vids!!  It's really cool to see things from the aerial perspective you get with the drone.  I met you this spring in my office parking lot in Burnt Hills and maybe we'll see you out on the ice somewhere this year. 

Offline fullThrottle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 09, 2019, 11:05 AM »
Great job on the vids!!  It's really cool to see things from the aerial perspective you get with the drone.  I met you this spring in my office parking lot in Burnt Hills and maybe we'll see you out on the ice somewhere this year.

Thanks man. You have the insurance company right ? If you ever see us out flag is down!

Offline slipbob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends use tipups!
« Reply #19 on: Jan 09, 2019, 11:15 AM »
Thanks man. You have the insurance company right ? If you ever see us out flag is down!

Yes that's me the insurance guy. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.