New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Panther lake  (Read 787 times)

Offline brookie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Panther lake
« on: Jan 19, 2006, 05:05 PM »
 Hi 
has anyone fished panther lake?  if so what is the ice conditions?  would appreciate any info? 8)
Brookie :Phttp://

thanks

Offline pikekiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those toothy critters!
Re: Panther lake
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2006, 08:09 PM »
I live about 15 minutes from Panther, but I don't normally fish it.  (haven't seen a northern come through the ice in years)  With the rain and warm weather we've had, I doubt its fishable at the moment.  The small pond near my house, which usually has comparable ice to most places in the area, is not safe right now.  I'll ask around, or maybe take a ride up there, and post if I hear anything.
"You can't catch 'em from your living room!"

bigdave1018

« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2006, 08:51 PM »
ive fished it in the summer,small bass and panfish and a few tigers and 1 slob cat was caught there last winter during the derby. my mom has a place at stoney knolls and i have a 1st cous. that lives in camden. i live over 60 miles from there so i havent been there in awhile. the last time i icefished there it was super bowl weekend and the temp was around - 20 without the wind. brrrrrrrrrrrrr. only fished an hour or so , me and another old guy. he was using real old wood tipups and missed a hit. he was using monster suckers. he rebaited and set it back in the hole. the fish must of been waiting because i heard snap snap and the whole tipup went down the hole!!!!!!!!!!! had to be a huge tiger but it was scary!!!!!!!!!! caught a few crappies that were so small, i could see through them lol. lottsa bites no size, mostly gills and sunnies but a fun place to fish. tight lines big dave out.

Offline pikekiller

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Love those toothy critters!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2006, 09:10 PM »
Yeah, there are a few big tigers in there.  My buddy caught 38 1/2 incher, but they are few and far between.  You can get a lot of action on tipups with pickerel, and many are over 20".  I've ice-fished it a few times in recent years, and caught tons of picks and a few big bass, but no tigers yet.
"You can't catch 'em from your living room!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.