New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: NY weather  (Read 2103 times)

Offline settlepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
NY weather
« on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:14 AM »
58 degrees in Orange county today..I dont get it. ???  I guess I will put all ice gear away.

Offline crappieslayer22

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • damn dinks
Re: NY weather
« Reply #1 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:21 AM »
its 44 in new berlin
 :-\
Loren W
ST.Croix
Iced Slabs
28 in walleye
15 in crappie
14 in perch
12 in golden shiner
25 in pickerel
11 1/4 in bluegill
6 1/2 pound largemouth
36 in lake trout

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:24 AM »
39 and dropping in the western southern tier. supposed to start snowing later this morning, temps are gonna drop into the 20's by noon then back into the 40's until sunday :'( at least the night time temps around here are gonna be below freezing to help keep the ice we do have :tipup:

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:26 AM »
We are safe here in the dacks, this little bit of rain and warm temps wont kill all the ice we have..
will be out chasin the eyes thursday night if all goes as planned :P

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:43 AM »
good luck coldbum, you lucky s.o.b.-like i said i dont think this weather is gonna kill what we got just gonna hamper getting the lakes that arent good from making ice :'(

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:51 AM »
38 and dropping in the Chaumont Bay area, some rain showers.  I don't think this is going to hurt any ice, even if we get a couple days of it..the winds are killing us and that worries me more than the warm temps and the rain.  We've been getting sustained 20+ mph winds for the past 12 hours, I'm headed to the ice to see if it's hurt conditions any, will be checking out three mile point and guffins bay.  Don't think I've ever had to wear my wet weather gear in January before going to the ice.

One thing we do need is an extended cold snap to close the bay back up, there's a lot of open water out there but plenty of ice to fish on and some good perch water is still frozen over, but the spots most of the perchers go in Chaumont Bay is now open water, at least out in the main part of the bay itself.

Will make the trip around and then issue a report under the Big Water/Jefferson thread......
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
« Reply #6 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:53 AM »
Right now in Fonda, NY it is pouring very hard and the wind is whipping the rain sideways. It looks like those hurricane pictures you see from florida. >:(
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline Rangerkev

• IceShanty Rookie
  • gone fishing
« Reply #7 on: Jan 18, 2006, 08:38 AM »
Same news here in Claverack.  belive it or not it says 61 degrees and it is raining buckets. :'(
Born To Fish... Forced To Work!!

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2006, 08:47 AM »
we just dropped below freezing and its snowing here in WNY, this weather should be heading your way, i woke up to 44 degrees and its now 30 and dropping, only problem is these dang high winds :tipup:

Offline ol crawdad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FISH HUNT LIVE
« Reply #9 on: Jan 18, 2006, 08:59 AM »
52 in Morris - GRRRRR... >:(

Offline flukehit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 18, 2006, 09:08 AM »
Heavy rain and 56 degrees here in Albany at 10:00 AM

Offline FISHON-2

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 18, 2006, 11:07 AM »
HEADING TO TUPPER LAKE TOMORROW,I KNOW THERE IS ICE THERE.LOOKS LIKE I'LL HAVE TO TAKE THE BOAT UP ON THE KING WHEN I GET BACK.!!
                                                                                     TIGHTLINES.
                                                                                          CLAY

Offline Ray4852

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 18, 2006, 12:06 PM »
Temp 26 with heavy lake snow right now. we have 2 inches already

Offline marshrat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Dont leave fish to find fish
« Reply #13 on: Jan 18, 2006, 12:19 PM »
hey its not freezing here yet but it is suppose to tonight no snow yet but its is suppose to start soon but its going to be back up in the 50's by Thursday looks like we need to get the boat out
Christopher S Neal
3rd place 2011 NEIT Points Race
1st Place Lilly Lake 2011
1st Place Beechwood Lake 2012

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 18, 2006, 01:26 PM »
Temp 26 with heavy lake snow right now. we have 2 inches already

yeah ray, a few miles down the road we only have about an inch so far but its coming down heavy, although it takes a little longer to accumulate in the warmer city streets :tipup:

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
« Reply #15 on: Jan 18, 2006, 05:55 PM »
Unless were lucky the pattern is not going to change that much where you have ice enjoy. It does not look like any extended cold spells for the next 2wks. Go to Japan and China that is where winter is.
Mr.Esox

Offline SLIPPERYFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Got to get on the ice
« Reply #16 on: Jan 18, 2006, 08:55 PM »
I hear ya, slipbob... it could be worse.  At this moment we are makeing ice (24 f in Arcade) so maybe what we lost today will be regained and then some.  Im sure by mid February we will see solid lockup everywhere.

Offline fzgil

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Jan 18, 2006, 09:19 PM »
Had lunch in Bennington today,58 degrees at noon "pouring". I drove through a monsoon on Rt7 heading to Burlinton. Wind was so bad tonight I stayed at the hotel and ate at T-Bones next door, had a local playing see: chadmusic.com! Will look over the Rouses point area of Champlain in the am. Heading for Plattsburgh in the morning, going to check out an old friend at Augur lake maybey set up a weekend trip in the near...Hope you all get the Jet-switch we are looking for. I for one will find the ICE!!! Tight Lines.
Gil

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Jan 18, 2006, 09:26 PM »
The rain is better than the snow

I cant get over accuweather's forcast I check it every evening and for about a week now it has changed drastically everynight. It goes from forcast highes 40's lows 30's  to the next night highs 30" lows 5-25 degrees. its crazy this has been going on for at least a week now back and forth  

i just hope its gonna be cold and make soem darn ice :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

Offline fzgil

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 18, 2006, 09:36 PM »
Hear ya'

Offline Mentiply

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Jan 19, 2006, 03:55 PM »