Author Topic: YOAdrien Charters News  (Read 68351 times)

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: YOAdrien Charters News
« Reply #90 on: Feb 22, 2011, 05:09 PM »
went fishing for bass today with Dwight Duncan and Papa. It's quite a change up from my normal trips so what the heck lets do it.

We landed well over 30 smallmouth and the same number of useless small yellows not big enough to fillet. Every Fish was released today.

We were chasing flags all day and John jigged all day and just kept pulling out smallie after smallie all day it was some fast fishing. Lots of nice sized bass and a few smaller ones but a good number of 2.5-3.75lb fish real fighters on the light jig stick.

Look close at the last pic it is cool.

Duncans first bass today

Dwights first one today

Nap time in the back of the snow cat

John jigs out another smallie

THE CROWNING ACHIEVEMENT Duncan Catches 2 perch at the same time. How? You say. Easy, one swallowed the bait and the other swallowed the sinker and it got caught in his gills. There you go Duncan 2fer.
PROUD SPONSOR OF ICESHANTY.COM

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #91 on: Feb 24, 2011, 07:23 PM »
Had a crew from mass today on a 2 night fish and stay package and the whole way home from my charter yesterday i was puking out the window of the truck, YUK!! Most of it went in the backseat, not out the window, even BIGGER YUCK!!!

I couldn't leave the guys hanging so i enlisted my dad and good buddy slipknot to take them out today. I told them they would not be charged for the fishing as Dad and slipknot are not guides but sombody had to take them fishing it just wouldn't be right, they agreed.

The crew had a super day on the ice, warm and no wind, i watched cooking shows in bed dreaming of eating something that would stay in me for more than 5 minutes.

Word is that they landed 11 lakers and 1 smallmouth and everybody had fun.

I feel better and i am heading out tomorrow.

Here's 1 of the guys with their laker limit.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #92 on: Feb 24, 2011, 07:25 PM »
Fished with Kevin Justin and Ben today from Douglas Mass.

Was a windy day but we hid well. The trout bit twice today and gave us enough time to ice a dozen of them. The sun was nice and warm if you could escape the wind.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #93 on: Feb 26, 2011, 07:49 AM »
Fished with a crew of regulars today, plus a few newbies. Pulled pork sandwiches were on the menu and hit the spot. It snowed a good 10-12 inches of med heavy snow. It was a decent day but during the peak of the storm we hid in someones boathouse and had lunch under cover, 7 guys is a lot in a pop-up shelter. We landed a dozen doday a salmon a whitie and a cusk.  Here is a pic of the crew with a laker they released, all fish releAsed today Thanks Guys!

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #94 on: Mar 02, 2011, 04:34 PM »
Took out Tom (Dispy) and his dad and brother today. we had a nice day despite how the picture looks it was nice most of the day. we had fast fishinng most of the morning to land 15 lake trout and a cople fat whites plus a yellow and a great 18.75" 2.80lb rainbow caught by tom a lilttle later in the day. we kept 6 trout and 2 whites that we grilled on the ice.

heres the guys with a limit of trout 5 lakers and a rainbow

here is tom with his chunky rainbow

Offline KeepaCatcha

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #95 on: Mar 02, 2011, 05:07 PM »
wow looks like a great day!....sweeeet lookin rainbow!

Offline Dispy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Mar 02, 2011, 06:56 PM »
wow looks like a great day!....sweeeet lookin rainbow!
Nice Rainbow Dispy, Would have much rather been out there on the ice than workin today ::)
Glad you all had a good day. Nice Job Guys  ;)
Since I have never ice fished with my father, in all of my soon to be 42 years and my junior brother by 12 years, whom just got into ice fishing, I could not just take him out and chill him to the bone by 4-wheeler. While sitting in my hard-side on BIP crappie fishing until 10 p.m. , I suggested going to Winni, first him and I, then maybe Dad too. Perfect set-up, Adrien was available, I knew we'd be on fish,the bite would be perfect, and Dad would be warm and enjoy himself. We were going regardless, but preferred a trip with Dad.

After releasing a bigger fish than my Dad's, I stated " I have a date at 11:33 a.m. with one that will be bigger" and BOOM flag up while starting to cook..no fish..reset.my bro retrieved 2 more lakers and Dad 1 more. Then a storm was brewing to which I announced "here's my date, she is late due to a storm"...flag up..Adrien and I ventured to the trap and found a hit & miss, reset and then HIT.......never expected a rainbow....

Thanks again Adrien for putting us on fish!!!!! A first time certainly cherished amoungst family!!! ;D

BTW: Dad conceded that the one I let go was bigger than his...Maybe age/ wisdom thing..haha.

Again, thanks for making it happen.

Cheers & Tight Lines!!!

Offline New Frontier

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #97 on: Mar 05, 2011, 02:00 AM »
Dipsy, was that your father in the middle of the photo?
One of mankind's main weaknesses is the familiarity with the word "impossible." Napoleon Hill

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #98 on: Mar 05, 2011, 04:05 PM »
Took Joe B and his kids out today. -10 to start but it warmed quickly. The fishing started very slow and then after noon it caught fire and we quickly jumped up to 13 lakers 2 whiters and a salmon. I was watching my tip-up bait with my lowrance and trout woukd come in and refuse a live smelt it was bizarre they just were not biting there. They kept 2 whites and 3 trout. This is the crew, Charlie is holdikg a nice 21 inch laker.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #99 on: Mar 05, 2011, 04:06 PM »
Fished with a big crew today. I think they had a trick cooler because no-matter how many beers they pulled out there were still more in it??? False bottom I guess? Hollow legs too. We hit the fish hard all morning with 17 Lakers, 15 White Perch, 2 smallmouth and 1 small salmon.
All but 5 whites released, we grilled and ate them. Highlight was the monster laker we had on and fought for 15 mins before he had the 11.25 in smallmouth that the hook was buried in his tail ripped out of his stomach and swam away and all we got was this crap. It's the second time this season we have lost a 6+ pound trout for the same reason, hook buried in the bass spine right by the tail. Oh well....

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #100 on: Mar 07, 2011, 01:55 PM »
It Rained...... ALL DAY
and then the temp dropped and everything froze, that was awesome!

OK so harry and chickie had enough with rainbows last time, so this time we went pickerel fishing, no, no need for your reading glasses, we went pickerel fishing, in the rain you read that right.

Harry needed pickerel to pickle

I took them to a hot pickerel spot and we landed about 20 pics and kept 9 of the bigger ones, also got about 20 yellows and kept half a dozen whoppers. We let all the small stuff go and we quit about 11am when the temp dropped and wind swept in and froze everything, flag wires were frozen together and wouldn't pop.

10 inches of water on the ice, up to the running boards on the snowmobile, the holes were like flushing toilets when you drilled it was draining hard.

Heres the guys with some of the catch, put a few more nice ones on the ice after the picture.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #101 on: Mar 07, 2011, 01:56 PM »
Rained all morning, what fun.

We quit before noon today so the catch was a little off but the guys did manage to land 6 lakerds and a smallmouth before getting all wet. The first 2 nice ones jigging and the rest on tip-ups just kept the first 2 released the rest.

21+23 inchers for keith and mike from albany

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #102 on: Mar 09, 2011, 07:03 PM »
took Dan and James on winni for some laker action.

i was a tough fight on these post front conditions fish are not really feeding and a re very erratic.

we mover arond a bit and we were able to ice 7 lake trout and 5 mallmouth so all in all a successful day on the lake.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #103 on: Mar 09, 2011, 07:05 PM »
Took agreat mom dad son crew from pennsylvania today on winni for their first time.

we were out there bright and early because of the post ront still hanging over our heads is morning. first thing we gotinto thempretty quick and iced 6 lakers and 2 whites and 10 yellowsand ten we moved when the ellows moved in. when we moved we were quiet for about an hour and then all the flags started to fire and we landed 6 more lakers. soa total of 12 for theday and 2 whites an th e yellows. we hept 3 lakers and 2 whites,the whites made it to the grill for lunch and the lakers are going home for later.

same crew back at it again tomorrow looking for a bggie!!
here is the lakers they kept.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #104 on: Mar 10, 2011, 05:16 PM »
The lake trout are making me angry this week. Yes, I am catching plenty but it's hard. Lots of drilling and moving and they are scattered at depths from 18-69 feet. Just when you get a pattern going it craps out and gotta search again. Anyway enough of that. We went after em anyways and landed 11 and a 19 in salmon. 4 trout took the jig rest on traps.
Brian and his dad mike with 2 jiggers

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #105 on: Mar 13, 2011, 06:33 PM »
Took a super secret crew to a super secret rainbow spot today, specifically for a wall hanger rainbow, problem is nobody told the rainbows. We were set up in the dark and got 6 flags, 1 was a 40 yd run and drop the others yielded a 21in lake trout, a 24in pickerelz, and 3 salmon 19,22.5,23inches. The rainbow eluded us today but we did bring some nice fish to the hole. Rained all day, holes went from 8 to 13 inches in 8 hours, serious flushing.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #106 on: Mar 13, 2011, 06:36 PM »
3-12-11
took al cocci and his 2 sons for lakers today. it was a touch slower than usual but we did land 10 of the buggers, oh yeah and al jr. landed the biggest of the year at 28.5 inches long WOW!!!!

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #107 on: Mar 13, 2011, 06:39 PM »
3-13-11
Took Toshi and the boys Taiki and Kenny for their first trip on winni. The crew from Lexington Ma. hit em good right from the start and ended landing 9 lakers 3 sallmouth and a couple white perch. The biggest were a24 incher for taiki and a REAL FAT 23incher for kenny. lots of other nice 20-21in fish too. all traps today no fish on the jig
Kenny and the fatboy 23"

taiki and his nice 24"

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #108 on: Mar 21, 2011, 09:29 AM »
Yo Adrein  if you get the time could you post the pics for that on sunday and any others on the rhode island page under halfhooks ice out

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #109 on: Mar 21, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Took ken tom and todd from Manchester out for some Winni action this morning. we got into a great white perch bite and the gang iceed 24 nice ones on jigs, They also iced 9 lakers and a salmon, all those were released. Whites are getting eaten.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #110 on: Mar 21, 2011, 03:49 PM »
Had a crew from R.I. Today Ed, Ed, Dan and Jason. We hit the lake early and got set up in the moonlight. Landed 4 whites, a 2.04lb yellow a 23in salmon on a perch rod!!!!n and a few lakers. Couldn't get the perch to commit like yesterday so we pulled the plug and got out of there and went for laker water and landed a bunch more to take it up to 11 lakers for the day, plus the other whites / yellows and salmon. A perfect day to be on the ice. They kept 6 lakers as that was enough to eat. The biggest was a nice fat 4.12 lb chubbie.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #111 on: Mar 21, 2011, 03:50 PM »
29 rainbows landed today, 4 smallies, 3 yellow perch. 3 cheers for the supermoon+cloudcover+storm dropping the pressure.
john and jonathan are going to sleep good tonight, (ME TOO) we walked a few miles today chasing flags. The bows were so aggressive today it was insane they just attacked us. Lots of fsh ran 50 -90 yards of line and quick too. some great fighters. most fish were 15-16.5 inches with a few bigger. The females getting ready to spawn are real porkers. Everytime we had a flag and the bait stolen, we would re-bait and the flag would be up in less than 3 minutes, every time!! Feed Bags ON!
3 best 18 and 18.25 and 18.25 inches.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #112 on: Mar 25, 2011, 02:20 PM »
Had a crew from boston area today that was interested in fishing for a big rainbow and understood that it can be slow. We set up bright and early and had a decent go at them. We landed 4 bows at 15 17 18 18.5 inches. We also got a handful of pesky little stockie salmon that rolled through, weird? Also got a smallmouth for lunch and had the leader break twice, uh-oh!!!! The bows were nice and fat. Here's the 3 they kept.

Offline halfhooked

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • anything more would be shopping
« Reply #113 on: Nov 03, 2011, 08:20 PM »
Im ready what do you think about christmas week

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Nov 04, 2011, 09:14 AM »
Im ready what do you think about christmas week

I let Adrien know you were asking about scheduling....

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #115 on: Jan 12, 2012, 04:12 PM »
I'm bumping your thread Adrien! I want to see pics of the argo and your customers catching those big fish soon! Hope to be one of those customers myself soon!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline HardTellinNotKnowin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #116 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:14 PM »
Hey Adrien,

Looking to book a trip for my wife and I now that the ice is starting to setup.  Let me know when you are taking bookings? 

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #117 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:26 PM »
I'd call him, he is already being booked up.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #118 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:41 PM »
FOLLOWING POSTS MAKE UP THE 2012 ICE FISHING SEASON, VERY SLOW START WITH VERY LITTLE ICE, JAN 20th IS FIRST WINNI CHARTER AND THE LAKE ISN'T FROZEN ALL THE WAY YET.

Offline YOAdrien

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #119 on: Jan 20, 2012, 05:42 PM »
fished with a group of 4 guys today on some of winni's fishable ice, not much of it, if you were wondering. ::)
Louis Dana David and Dwayne were hoping to find some winni lakers and we succeeded. we fished an area on winnipesaukee with 7 inches of ice, been frozen for 2 weeks. The rest of the lake doesn't have much, most places have 3 inches or less, like water less......
The fishable areas aren't exactly my first choices for laker fishing but they will do in a pinch. we landed 7 lakers from 17-24 inches, 3 smallies, 4 whites ,6 yellows, a 24inch pickerel, and 3 salmon. Chased flags non stop, it was a fun first day.
Hereis a pic of dave with a nice 24 inch trout.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.