The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: NEPA Reports Wanted  (Read 8332 times)

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: NEPA Reports Wanted
« Reply #30 on: Mar 19, 2021, 01:29 PM »
If you want warm water reports go to myfishfinder.com. It would be nice to share some info on what's biting before the bass tournaments start. It would also be nice to know when the crappie are spawning. You don't have to give out your secret spot; just help some of the novices out.
You can use your username and password to log in. Go to PA, then to Lakes, and post conditions.
Same ice shanty user name works?

Offline Van_Cleaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Mar 21, 2021, 12:51 PM »
Met a friend yesterday near Long Pond. Fished a small private lake where there were a only a couple places to get on but the ice was still 9-11in. That said it deteriorated radically by the end of day. Caught lots of small crappie and a couple nice ones but overall an off day for that lake. Still it was great to get out on the first day of Spring! Hung up the gear this am.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #32 on: Mar 21, 2021, 10:58 PM »
Same ice shanty user name works?

Yesir, just tried it. ;D
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline hardwaterhonkey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Mar 22, 2021, 05:36 AM »
Yesir, just tried it. ;D
It didn’t work for me but signing up was a breeze

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Mar 22, 2021, 09:07 AM »
I hit Promised Land off Pickerel Point on Saturday morning and watched a beautiful sunrise! 😎

A nice last day on the ice!
Where's the FISH?!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #35 on: Mar 22, 2021, 11:11 PM »
I hit Promised Land off Pickerel Point on Saturday morning and watched a beautiful sunrise! 😎

A nice last day on the ice!
Why don't you repost this picture on Promised Land Reports? It's a great way to end the year with the last post.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Iceattic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Mar 23, 2021, 12:20 AM »
Get the boat ready. It's over.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Mar 23, 2021, 06:55 AM »
Why don't you repost this picture on Promised Land Reports? It's a great way to end the year with the last post.

👍😎
Where's the FISH?!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #38 on: Dec 29, 2021, 03:01 PM »
Has anyone been up to Belmont Dam? I think Pocono Mt. is the coldest place in NEPA. I was up there with my son dinkmaster about 12 years ago and the temp was F=4 with about 10 MPH wind which made it feel below zero.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Jan 04, 2022, 03:59 PM »
I just wanted to start a county thread where people could ASK for a report for a lake in a certain county. When I see a posting for a certain lake I expect to see that there is safe ice of there is not safe ice. We all want reports for lakes so why should people even have to ask? ::)
Maybe I should have put this NEPA Reports Wanted thread on the reports page but I did't want to confuse people. If this bugs you, don't ask, thats OK.  ???
used to be easy to give and receive info years ago, you know the old saying, keep it simple...... !
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #40 on: Jan 24, 2024, 12:14 PM »
I would appreciate any exports from Luzerne and Wyoming County posted on the Reports page. How about Lake Carey, Stevens Lake. and Chamberlin Pond, its private but if you know someone you can get on ;D
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline HooknSinker24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Jan 24, 2024, 12:43 PM »
Monday evening Sylvan had 5- 5.5 but coming of the boat launch had 3 or less for a good distance and was sketchy ice.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #42 on: Jan 26, 2024, 12:10 PM »
Keep the reports coming. I am planning to go to the Poconos this weekend. Any reports up in Lac, Wayne, or Pike counties?
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Gfetch3914

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 26, 2024, 12:19 PM »
I'm in Pike, yesterday I checked a few of our lakes that around around 90-110 acres had 3.5-5" around 1pm. Haven't check today, we got a lot of rain last night. Amy other reports would be great!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 26, 2024, 12:38 PM »
I’m gonna check conditions tonight. I just checked the hourly forecast for Shohola and we’re not gonna get back to the freezing mark until 7AM Sunday. Then Accuweather says snow later Sunday: 3-6” by Monday morning. Sure hope they are WRONG!  ::)
Where's the FISH?!

Offline FAKEMATE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 27, 2024, 07:04 AM »
My first post ! I have been on this site for many years . I fished prompton a couple weeks ago on a friday when it snowed all day . Every person i have met on this lake over the last 5 years including friday have been Aces!! Great people mostly locals . I have a 2 hour drive to get there . Just wanted it  to be known its much appreciated 👍👍

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 27, 2024, 10:29 AM »
Well, I checked our private lake last night and found 4” with the top 1” soft. But no less than 15 hits with the spud bar before it broke thru.

Returned this morning and everything tightened back up- fished until 10am but left even though the bluegill bite was picking up. I told myself I would leave at 10 when I went out and I stuck to it. Not gonna take any chances.

Promised Land and Tobyhanna are usually a couple inches thicker, so I’m thinking there are probably guys fishing there. However I stayed local because I wasn’t sure how good the ice would be.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline beerduck

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • beer and fish nut
« Reply #47 on: Jan 27, 2024, 10:59 AM »
hope to get through one more storm and the ice we have holds

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #48 on: Jan 27, 2024, 10:43 PM »
I think the ice will hold up if it’s not to sunny during the week. A guy was doing ice sculptures this weekend and said the sun is more of a problem than the temp. In two weeks it should be cold again. I remember fishing a few years ago on April 1.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #49 on: Feb 02, 2024, 05:23 PM »
Any reports for Lac. Wayne, or Pike County? I plan to head tomorrow afternoon. It would be nice to fish and meet some of our members.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Gfetch3914

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 02, 2024, 09:07 PM »
JMZ, I just checked some of our private lakes ranging from 70-100 acres and the ice is sketchy. Only around 3in of bad ice and it's not great getting on, a lot of the shoreline is gone.

Offline Gfetch3914

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Feb 03, 2024, 09:24 AM »
Fyi everyone, 5" on promised land. Saw 3 guys on lower and a few off pickerel point. Heading back out now with the gear for a evening fish. Might be the last for the season.

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Feb 04, 2024, 06:09 PM »
I was coming up to White Deer Lake today from the Stroudsburg area. When I started up rte 402 from Marshall’s Creek it was 50* at about 2:45. When I passed Porter’s lake/Peck’s Pond area it was 43* and when I got to White Deer it was 40* at 3:15. 10* difference in about 25 miles and 30 min..............🤪

I saw pictures of Northern Wayne Co. (taken this morning)and there is still quite a bit of snow up there. DIFFERENT WORLD!  :o

Where's the FISH?!

Offline arkansaspete

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #53 on: Feb 08, 2024, 04:53 PM »
Hey Rutt anything fishable this week coming  up looks like some cold temps coming in after sat.may come tues.or weds. A/P :tipup:

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Feb 08, 2024, 06:37 PM »
A friend of mine might fish Promised land tomorrow. If so, I’ll let you know what he finds.

I hope to be out Saturday and Sunday. Will post reports wherever I end up.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline RuttNutt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 09, 2024, 07:38 AM »
My buddy is fishing Promised Land Upper Lake right now. See reports page for a report.
Where's the FISH?!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #56 on: Feb 10, 2024, 01:31 PM »
Anyone fishing Lake Jean? I was there last wee and it had 4in of solid ice. The elevation is about 2000 ft so it should get below freezing.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #57 on: Feb 12, 2024, 04:47 PM »
Anyone fishing Duck Harbor. The last time I was there the ice was solid 5in. There is a big drop to 50 ft about 200 yds on the right. I think there may be some big walleye there. I would like to go up tomorrow if the snow is not bad,
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline PaCarpboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Feb 12, 2024, 05:50 PM »
JMZ, I have not fished DH this year, but I personally would not try it tomorrow.   All the NEPA lakes ice has deteriorated the past few days and DH can be tricky.  Ice is usually thicker to the left than to the right.  If we don't get a lot of insulating snow tomorrow, and we get the colder temps they are predicting, it would be better to wait for the ice to recover before venturing out.  Just my two cents.   Be safe!

Offline kmu70

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #59 on: Feb 12, 2024, 06:50 PM »
Absolutely agree with pa carboy . if you do check it out would love to know conditions. Looks like they might get less snow up that way . I think if that holds true .up Northern Wayne co. Is best chance to get back on ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.