The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Eskimo Z51 vs F1 Rocket  (Read 1598 times)

Offline Behr150

• IceShanty Rookie
Eskimo Z51 vs F1 Rocket
« on: Nov 18, 2020, 09:50 AM »
Does anybody have experience with these two units? Right now I can buy a new Rocket for $270 or a used Shark Z51 for $250 asking. I know the Rocket is lighter, but I’m not sure of any other practical differences.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
Re: Eskimo Z51 vs F1 Rocket
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2020, 10:10 AM »
The Rocket is basically a minimally updated 33cc Stingray, and the Shark is a 51 cc unit. Bigger engine, heavier. I had the Stingray for years and absolutely loved it. Also used my buddy's Shark a lot. That went thru anything. No probs going thru 24" ice with the Stingray/Rocket though. Other than that, not really any differences.
If you''ll be doing thicker ice, and a lot of it , and weight is not an issue, you might want the Shark...
but whatever way ya go, I don't think you can go wrong, IMO.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Behr150

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2020, 05:59 AM »
I fish Connecticut, so not sure I need to worry about the thick ice. I guess what it really boils down to is whether I want a new lighter, maybe slower unit that’s more expensive but comes with a warranty or a used heavier faster cheaper unit.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2020, 06:18 AM »
Sold my Z51 couple years ago. Went with the Ion. Z51 still makes my back hurt thinking about it 😂

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2020, 08:37 AM »
I fish Connecticut, so not sure I need to worry about the thick ice. I guess what it really boils down to is whether I want a new lighter, maybe slower unit that’s more expensive but comes with a warranty or a used heavier faster cheaper unit.

Lithium drill + auger.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2020, 08:37 AM »

Lithium drill + auger.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #6 on: Nov 19, 2020, 05:36 PM »
I owned the Z51 for about 9 years and never had a problem with it. Then I bought a M51 which is basically the same machine but a lot cheaper. Only used it one year and then went to a drill and hand augers.
<===Lefty===

Offline timetogo

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I fish therefore I am
« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2020, 09:02 AM »
I have had the F1 for two years and it has started and worked flawlessly every outing. Cuts fast and clean. No experience with the other model.
I fish therefore I am

Offline snipersam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Dec 28, 2020, 08:37 PM »
the z51 might have a bigger engine but the new p1 and f1 have rpm, watch some youtube vids on them. Eskimo used to give you more rpm as you went up in engine size, 33, 43, 51, and 71 cc. the new f1 has the 71cc gearbox and it really goes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.