The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: What blades on new Lazer?  (Read 3802 times)

Offline hawkfan24

• IceShanty Rookie
What blades on new Lazer?
« on: Dec 12, 2019, 09:21 PM »
What blades come on a strikemaster Lazer hand auger out of the box? Chinese?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: What blades on new Lazer?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2019, 10:01 PM »
Swedish

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13, 2019, 05:05 AM »
Swedish

Really? Has this always been the case 3300? What about replacement blades...Swedish or "other" ?
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Smitty5313

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2019, 05:10 AM »
I ordered a Lazer and replacement blades through the Strikemaster website last month. Both Swedish

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2019, 05:14 AM »
I ordered a Lazer and replacement blades through the Strikemaster website last month. Both Swedish

Good to know Smitty. 😉.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2019, 05:36 AM »
Just before the company was sold, Strikemaster switched to Chinese blades.  Normark, due to the negative results purchased the company Mora to revert back in a cost effective way to the good stuff. 

If you find non-Mora blades, it's pretty old stock at this point.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2019, 11:47 PM »
Really? Has this always been the case 3300? What about replacement blades...Swedish or "other" ?
Swedish always for my gear, never anything less.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2019, 11:07 PM »
The augers are made in china and last I knew had chinese blades. Something change?? Also have been noticing some new packaging of replacement blades listed online with the country of mfg "china".

I need a new 6" mora for my drill, cant stand the lazer grabbing the ice any longer.. figured they would come with chinese blades.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #8 on: Jan 21, 2020, 10:52 AM »
The augers are made in china and last I knew had chinese blades. Something change?? Also have been noticing some new packaging of replacement blades listed online with the country of mfg "china".

I need a new 6" mora for my drill, cant stand the lazer grabbing the ice any longer.. figured they would come with chinese blades.
I think Strikemaster got tired of replacing junk Chinese blades for free.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline FishDoktor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 22, 2020, 12:00 PM »
I bought my Lazer several years ago and it had Swedish blades on it. I purchased a spare set this year (though I haven't needed them yet) and they were also Swedish.

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Jan 22, 2020, 07:00 PM »
I think Strikemaster got tired of replacing junk Chinese blades for free.

I had to call them to get a replacement set when I bought my last hand auger. Chinese blades went dull in maybe 5 holes. And I mean DULL. They of course tried to say that's normal wear and tear and all of that, eventually they agreed and sent my replacement... which were refurbished/resharpened swedish blades.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline 50ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2020, 03:51 PM »
I just replaced my auger with strikemaster laser hand 8-inch blade last week.

Made in Sweden

Offline skifisher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 2020, 07:22 PM »
I had to call them to get a replacement set when I bought my last hand auger. Chinese blades went dull in maybe 5 holes. And I mean DULL. They of course tried to say that's normal wear and tear and all of that, eventually they agreed and sent my replacement... which were refurbished/resharpened swedish blades.

Refurbished/resharpened? Doesn’t sound right. Where did they get the blades to refurbish? My guess is they were new Swedish replacements.
"Ice fishing...ah, the anticipation! 🎣”

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13 on: Feb 26, 2020, 01:17 PM »
Refurbished/resharpened? Doesn’t sound right. Where did they get the blades to refurbish? My guess is they were new Swedish replacements.

Have no idea. Maybe off of a return? They had rust around the bolt holes and one small nick in one if I remember correctly, but had fresh tool marks and clearly were just sharpened. Worked fine, still have them. They were just wrapped with bubble wrap and in an envelope, no retail packaging. I didn't complain, this was well after they claimed they would not do any exchanges/replacements anymore.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 08, 2020, 09:38 PM »
I'm looking for replacement blades for the 4-1/2” Lazer Synthetic auger I bought last year. I can't find a set anywhere. The blades are stamped 110mm (4 1/3"). Not listed anywhere on the strikemaster website. I just sent an email to customer service to see if I can get spare set. We'll see.
jbird68

Offline winterbuddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Dec 09, 2020, 03:52 AM »
I'm looking for replacement blades for the 4-1/2” Lazer Synthetic auger I bought last year. I can't find a set anywhere. The blades are stamped 110mm (4 1/3"). Not listed anywhere on the strikemaster website. I just sent an email to customer service to see if I can get spare set. We'll see.
Jbird - I have a hoard of new in package blades sets.  I can sell you a set or two if that would help.  I got a good deal on them and can pass that along.  Send me a pm if interested.

They are still made, but they most likely will be found in Europe.  Search for "nova 110mm blades". 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.