New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339070 times)

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #930 on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:19 PM »
i thnk i saw the same guy on nw bay! i showed up and there were tipups in the water with 3 inches of ice froze in em! finally around 8 the guy showed up. this was also the day of the tournament so maybe  its not the same. whats with guys thinking thats alright? ow well karmas on our side.  great job jon on the 100! whats next 100 pike ;D

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #931 on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:22 PM »
Seemed to me that someone was putting $$ those people in those locations..

Offline adksmitty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #932 on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:40 PM »
heres a short video of some laker action on the King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGriZ4xeU14
That is some great video.  I would have doing that. Also that is some great fish.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #933 on: Feb 19, 2013, 07:46 PM »
That's when my people skills come into play.     I'm very open on discussing my opinion with idiots.    If your tip ups are in the water and nobody is around or in a reasonable distance One of 2 things happens.   One DEC is informed and I'm waiting for them and who ever tip ups they are.    Or 2.   They are picked up and left on the ice for the person with a note.   ( yes I have done this and worse) :).    I fish overnights and I walk away from my tip ups but there is always someone close by to get them.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #934 on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:03 PM »
In this day and age I shake my head and try to distance myself from idiots.
I'm not touching their gear , opening my big mouth or calling the cops.
You never know when someone will just snap and it will become TV headlines.
Truly believe this is a regular that does this often.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #935 on: Feb 19, 2013, 08:20 PM »
It's my opinion that you you see something wrong and do nothing about it you have no right to complain about it.     I have a big mouth and I have no problem being a headline.  Atleast ill get my 15 minutes of fame.   Lol

Offline pikepauly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #936 on: Feb 19, 2013, 09:39 PM »
Combsey was actually offered a job to replace the p.a. system at the northern challenge

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #937 on: Feb 19, 2013, 10:00 PM »
Not funny pauly. 

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #938 on: Feb 20, 2013, 04:05 AM »
these guys are only out for money and glory.they have no ethics.there the ones that shoot the rack buck under a light and brag them selves up as great sportsman.they suck and will get thers. >:(tc5

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #939 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:44 AM »
It's my opinion that you you see something wrong and do nothing about it you have no right to complain about it.     I have a big mouth and I have no problem being a headline.  Atleast ill get my 15 minutes of fame.   Lol

We here is my take:
I value my family and grandkids more then a fish. It's just not worth it.
Many people read these public forums and i would suspect even those who violate game laws .
So to discuss issues might get them thinking , hey people are watching so they might, just might, change their ways.
Not complaining just putting violators on notice that yes you are being watched and someday it might just be the law

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #940 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:55 AM »
AMEN Combsey !!!!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:  Read my second signature!!!!
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline sounder211

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #941 on: Feb 20, 2013, 08:27 AM »
I'm with combsey all the way on this one :) There is no reason for this stuff to occur and it is up to all of us to be good stewards for our natural resources. When we choose to ignore these actions it gives us all a bad rap! >:( So if you see it, report it, and when you come across garbage left behind bend over and pick it up...we all benefit at the end of the day @)
"And in the end it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."
-Abraham Lincoln

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #942 on: Feb 20, 2013, 08:37 AM »
I almost wonder if a dude would have enough gall to put a few spreads of tipups out on the lake. It was a tourney weekend.
These posts got me thinking. Throw 5 tipups out around Long Island. 5 at Dome. Maybe another 5 at Tea Island. Make laps with the machine.
DEC doesn't have eyes an ears everywhere. I'd have no issue with making a quick call. I'd be the wuss that watched what happened after from a window in my shack.

The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #943 on: Feb 20, 2013, 08:38 AM »
Jon, congrats man!    :icefish:  Plenty of time left.   Shoot for 300 this season!

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #944 on: Feb 20, 2013, 08:39 AM »
Yeah I'm sorry it's shaky but if I had another hand at the time it could have been better lol I was having a hard time holding in my excitement. The next one will be better. A different reel and he coulda got the thing himself. Ill post it when he does. Thanks again
Great job Andy!  Glad I was there to watch you and Drew have that moment of a lifetime.

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #945 on: Feb 20, 2013, 10:08 AM »
i agree with combsey but if i ever see someone doing that their tip ups will get a boot stomp... and if the people ever showed.... :flex: :nono: rude awakening followed by a call to dec

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #946 on: Feb 20, 2013, 10:25 AM »
i agree with combsey but if i ever see someone doing that their tip ups will get a boot stomp... and if the people ever showed.... :flex: :nono: rude awakening followed by a call to dec
Maybe it's just me. But, I would never touch another dudes junk.  ;D
Getting "into it" with someone will ruin both of your days. It's not worth getting hot under the collar. Make a call, sit back and enjoy your favorite beverage and the show.  @)

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #947 on: Feb 20, 2013, 10:29 AM »
Congrats on catching awsome numbers of fish .... also on keeping the youth hooked on any kind of outdoor activity ....  also (and correct me if I'm wrong ) probably 99% of these fish are catch and release (which is very commendable) gotta have a few for the pan ... definably from what i seen you guys are a  great example of what hard work and perseverance does ... that doesn't just apply to ice fishing ... that's general life skills ... great people doing great things is what its all about ..... its a pleasure to be associated with you guys ... even if its only thru this awsome websight ..... keep em coming guys and gals .. old and young and everywhere in the middle .... looking forward to seeing (and getting) more !!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D
*REMOVED*

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #948 on: Feb 20, 2013, 10:30 AM »
nahhh dude lake trout are way too majestic to be treated like that... besides the less people on the ice the more fish i catch... main reason i fish during the week and take the weekend off... im to hot headed to deal with people like that... no respect for laws and no respect for nature it really bugs me

Offline ART

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #949 on: Feb 20, 2013, 10:54 AM »
96% catch and release!  ;D  I brought home 4 this season.  If I'm in the mood for one, I'll take one that's deep hooked.  As aggressive as you jig I'm amazed how deep you can hook them.  I actually wish they'd drop the size limit a bit or just say 2 a day any size.  I caught some shorts that were bleeding, but I sent them back with fingers crossed.  It's certainly not worth getting a ticket, I know at worst it'll become food for the fish down below. But given the option I'd rather enjoy it!
Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #950 on: Feb 20, 2013, 10:58 AM »
96% catch and release!  ;D  I brought home 4 this season. 
       .... haha i was slightly off ...  pretty cool how many different ways you can catch em ... about 5 years ago ... maybe more.. a guy on harris bay showed me a way of fishing em with dead bait that worked awsome ... you dont get the numbers but the size is always there... just wondering if you think when they get bigger (up in the 28 to 31 inch size)  they get a little lazy ... they look for the smaller more aggressive ones to do the dirty work and kill something ... and they scan the bays for leftovers ?
*REMOVED*

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #951 on: Feb 20, 2013, 11:23 AM »
I do agree with tuna to a point b with grand kids and put the worth of "if" something would to happen.    But I don't think these people are on here or if they are they are lurkers.       Now I'm no saint and at times I have not followed the laws to a T but when confronted I man up and take my ticket and go on.     ( not often have I broke rules or regs).  You always have to weigh the pros and cons of the situation.         

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #952 on: Feb 20, 2013, 11:34 AM »
Maybe it's just me. But, I would never touch another dudes junk.  ;D
Getting "into it" with someone will ruin both of your days. It's not worth getting hot under the collar. Make a call, sit back and enjoy your favorite beverage and the show.  @)

Totally agree! In this day and age, you never know who you're dealing with and the person you're getting tough with may not take too kindly to you and kick your A$$ in a best case scenario or worse you'll get shot!  LOL!

Offline hot tuna

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #953 on: Feb 20, 2013, 11:44 AM »
Well thanks for a little agreement there. Lol
This is a huge public forum and believe many ice fishermen frequent such places.
I have been in situations before where people just Freak out and it could get dangerous.
Don't enjoy having someone going ballistic over such things.
Ah take Ontario tribs ? Nurf said there.

Really it's about Putting those on notice that the hills have eyes.
So think about things before one does them. Maybe they will have second thoughts and all in the world of fishing will be right again .

Peace & Tuna

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #954 on: Feb 20, 2013, 11:45 AM »
yea as soon as i told the guy that that was illegal he had some choice words for me. and then he got on his weeler and took of for the truck. i was just praying i didnt "tick" off a lunatic with a gun cause he did not like to be confronted. and i probally wouldent have if it wasent a tounament day! i cant sstand cheaters at these tounaments and it happens every year. and your right slayer i will deff call dec next time and just sit back and watch the show. what made the day even better is that we cought 11 lakers by 11 am and he had zero! oh he also smelled like boose at 7am and he had a small kid with him. i looked at the name on his tipups and he only had his first name on them and no adress or phone number. i really hope dec catches up with these guys! sorry for the rant

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #955 on: Feb 20, 2013, 12:14 PM »
We used to hammer the lakers on champlain with dead smelt on the bottom.   Just anchor the boat near any key structure near deep water.  Dead smelt on a slip rig.  We would sometimes get 10-15 lakers in a morning doing this.

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #956 on: Feb 20, 2013, 01:08 PM »
yea as soon as i told the guy that that was illegal he had some choice words for me. and then he got on his weeler and took of for the truck. i was just praying i didnt "tick" off a lunatic with a gun cause he did not like to be confronted. and i probally wouldent have if it wasent a tounament day! i cant sstand cheaters at these tounaments and it happens every year. and your right slayer i will deff call dec next time and just sit back and watch the show. what made the day even better is that we cought 11 lakers by 11 am and he had zero! oh he also smelled like boose at 7am and he had a small kid with him. i looked at the name on his tipups and he only had his first name on them and no adress or phone number. i really hope dec catches up with these guys! sorry for the rant
2 things maaaaaan! 1. Your inbox is full. 2. I changed a word in your post. The one in quotes.  ;)
Don't make me go all "Combsey" on you.  ;D

Offline bigwalleye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #957 on: Feb 20, 2013, 01:19 PM »
Best laker jig for lake George . White tube or Swedish pimple . Any other tips would be great. Thanks

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #958 on: Feb 20, 2013, 01:35 PM »
Some of the old timers in the Indian Lake area have told us to step on your bait, put right on bottom with about 4 foot of slack in your line.  They swear that this is the only way to catch lake trout.

Offline pikepauly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #959 on: Feb 20, 2013, 01:44 PM »
I kinda feel like goin all "combsey"@ work right now!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.