New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Bills thread for 2023-24  (Read 23943 times)

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
Re: Bills thread for 2023-24
« Reply #30 on: Oct 22, 2023, 06:14 PM »
The wheels are coming off  :( :unsure:

After 7 games in a season, you are what your record says you are. 4-3 is a middle of the pack team. Is there any ice I get on yet ??????????      :D :-[
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Oct 23, 2023, 07:02 AM »
Well after what I just saw the past 10 minutes I’m switching over to the lions game..😎😎

I did leaves…

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #32 on: Oct 23, 2023, 07:41 AM »
Lions didn’t do any better..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #33 on: Oct 23, 2023, 08:00 AM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #34 on: Oct 27, 2023, 04:39 AM »

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Oct 27, 2023, 09:52 AM »

They did indeed despite doing their best to lose .....  that Hail Mary at the end was about a second away from being a touchdown.

Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #36 on: Oct 27, 2023, 10:05 AM »
  I didn’t say it was pretty..  :P :P :P ;D

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #37 on: Oct 27, 2023, 07:35 PM »
I watched the highlights on ESPN this morning. Holy cow that was the most poorly defended hail Mary that I have ever seen. Not a Bills player even close to where the ball was when it came down. I get that it is too easy to get a flag thrown on you for PI for breathing on a receiver, but my God the coverage was non-existant on that play. If the Tampa receiver, Godwin, had turned around 1/2 second sooner then he sees the ball and it's an easy TD and then the extra point and the Bills are 4-4 .

That makes 3 games in a row that the opponent had the last possession and made a throw to the end zone to decide the game. The Bills won 2 of the 3 but could have easily lost all 3 and be standing at 3-5 now.
The Ultimate Warrior is possessed with great power from the heavens above ! Against the mighty lake trout and pike and schools of crappie, the power of the WARRIOR will always ......... PREVAIL !!!

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #38 on: Oct 31, 2023, 06:23 PM »
[font=tiFOURNETTE !  :omes new roman][/font]

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #39 on: Oct 31, 2023, 06:23 PM »
FOURNETTE !

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #40 on: Nov 03, 2023, 06:44 AM »

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #41 on: Nov 03, 2023, 07:39 PM »

You sir, are awesome for this thread with the graphics and images that you post. Thank you for keeping it lively. I am extremely nervous about this game based on last year's 2 games against Cincy. No, I don't think anyone will need CPR in this one, I just think the Bengals match up well against us. McDermott better be thinking about making adjustments to his tired game plan by early 2nd quarter. If tight coverage by the secondary is still not preventing a lot of completions, then blitz and send the house after Burrow, don't just stand there and get beat with the same tired game plan that the league has seemingly figured out.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #42 on: Nov 04, 2023, 05:49 AM »
You started the thread. I just latched on…😁

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #43 on: Nov 04, 2023, 08:09 AM »
Hate to even type this - they might still have our number and they seem to be peaking based on what they did to the 49'ers last week .

Bengals win 31- 16 . I am not sure McDermott makes the necessary adjustments, at least not soon enough, in games that are going sideways.

I would love to eat these words and have the score flipped in the other direction.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #44 on: Nov 05, 2023, 04:58 PM »
I had a long day so I won’t make it to halftime. But only hope this is the outcome in the morning..

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #45 on: Nov 06, 2023, 05:41 AM »

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Nov 06, 2023, 06:04 AM »
There’s no need to play your best football the first week in November. Plenty of time to figure things out

The the broncos and jets coming into town the next 2 games, then the bye

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #47 on: Nov 06, 2023, 09:47 AM »
There’s no need to play your best football the first week in November. Plenty of time to figure things out

The the broncos and jets coming into town the next 2 games, then the bye

At this point a strong finish is about all we can hope for. The top seed and probably the division are not looking promising that's for sure. With Douglas, Joseph and Fournette added to the mix there is a reason to hope things can turn around.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #48 on: Nov 06, 2023, 04:51 PM »
The league seems to be more competitive this season than I ever remember seeing it. The Eagles are the only team that seem like a guaranteed win week in and week out. Everyone else has at least 2 losses and teams like KC, Dallas, SF to name a few are having a lot of shaky games as the Bills are, and are lucky to have the record they currently do.

The Lions and Ravens will probably fall back some in the coming weeks. The Bills need to take care of the Broncos and Jets and hope the Dolphins, Ravens, Bengals, Browns go no better than 1-1 the next 2 weeks to claw back in this thing.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #49 on: Nov 11, 2023, 09:16 AM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #50 on: Nov 11, 2023, 09:16 AM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #51 on: Nov 12, 2023, 07:20 AM »

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #52 on: Nov 12, 2023, 07:33 AM »
The Bills are a perfect 4 - 0  :thumbsup: at Highmark so far. If that remains perfect, that alone gets us to 9 wins.  :unsure:

The bye week is right before @ KC, so we should have the edge from the 2 injury reports, and KC has played some pretty shaky games already. We won there last season and are capable to repeat that. That gets us to 10 wins  ;)2 :flex:

@ LAC should be a win, that gets us to 11 wins.

If our dominant blowout over the PHISH in week 4 was not a fluke and we own them, then @ MIA will not help the PHISH that much and we get to 12 wins and that game probably decides the AFC East title ( for Us )

The above optimism ( please forgive me ) will, of course, not translate into reality. We will hopefully finish at 11-6, and hopefully not worse than that  :unsure:

Any record worse than 11-6 and we probably host a WILD CARD game and then play on the road after that.

WHAT DOES EVERYONE THINK ?  ??? ??? ???

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #53 on: Nov 12, 2023, 07:46 AM »
More unwarranted optimism here ......

If we are up big after Q3 against the Broncos ( or any team not named KC after that ) then I would hope to see Kyle Allen playing a full quarter in those games.

I don't need any more reason to demand this than the " COMEBACK " playoff game that Frank Reich orchestrated against the Oilers and ultimately got us to the SB again that season.  :o :bow: :clap:

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Nov 13, 2023, 07:37 AM »
This is as a must win game you will find for a 5-4 team in week 10 that you’ll come find.

Having KC, Dallas and Philly remaining makes the road the playoffs to a very daunting.

Los Angeles Superchargers is not a guaranteed W either.

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #55 on: Nov 13, 2023, 08:37 AM »

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #56 on: Nov 13, 2023, 08:38 AM »

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Nov 13, 2023, 11:27 AM »

Normally I would just go sit in a tree all day but I already filled my bow/muzzleloader either sex tag and have a freezer full and I'm not sitting all day for a doe.

Just about everything that happened yesterday was good for the Bills as far as other AFC teams losing. The whole thing including the AFC East is still wide open but the Bills need to start playing good football again.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #58 on: Nov 13, 2023, 06:50 PM »
Thanks for all of the replies you guys. KC can be beaten, their offense is struggling nearly as much as ours has been. For all of the talk in the last 3 years about the AFC having the best teams, it appears that the old guard in the NFC now has a right to be in that discussion. The 49'ers and Cowboys dominated yesterday and I think they will meet in the NFC Championship game. I predict the Eagles will start losing games and finish the regular season as the 3 seed behind 49'ers and Cowboys, but the rest of that conference sucks this season.

The AFC looks like a total crapshoot right now with at least 10 teams that one could argue based on the current standings will be in the AFC Championship game.

Offline WARRIOR_ON_ICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Long Live the WARRIOR
« Reply #59 on: Nov 14, 2023, 05:49 AM »
Nothing that anyone writes on here can make this team play better  :o

A final record above .500 would be a small miracle now. In season # 6 for Josh Allen, his ball security is the worst it has ever been.

Firing all of the coaches might make the GM and the fans more optimistic for next season, but can a new coach get Allen to stop committing turnovers ?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.