Wisconsin > Ice Fishing Wisconsin

northern wisconsin reports

(1/86) > >>

matt12:
i know not many people are active in this section but i would like to keep people a little informed on whats going in our neck of the woods.

temps have been up and way down. which makes fishing difficult at times.

ice i would say is about 13'. about 9" is solid great ice.

i hear of swamps being open yet, and springs are still flowing, no ice is safe!

but many trucks on the ice today. including my 3\4 ton!

its been cold so i can confidently say its solid. im surprised at how much ice did not form. 20-f (that's a whole other debate!)

going to get pretty warm, going to hunt down some fat crappies. was in walleye mode but nice weather just forces you to jig slabs.\

tight lines!

52isntbigenough:
Hows the slush, we're heading back up to Land O Lakes next thurs.

matt12:
1/17/17

weather was amazing. 40s, sunny, and little wind.

crappies were a tough bite at first, but then moved to find a more aggressive school.

this lake had about 14" of ice. not alot of snow. the wheeler got around just fine.  very limited slush pockets. mainly only where many holes were drilled.

had 2 bonus walleyes on the jig rods, 22"+

hole hopped between maybe 12 holes using only waxies. dead sticked a minnow which also helped fill the bucket.

going to be pretty warm this week, might create some extra slush in spots not packed down. dont get weather like this in january very often!

eriksat1:
Heading out Saturday, last Sunday we had 16" of ice here I also drove out my f150 I imagine it is a little slushy now after these warm days knocking the snow down on the ice.

CharlieBrn:
Best of luck to you guys.  After leaving Wisconsin 4 years ago now, seems the ice conditions and weather certainly make for an up and down season.  Action was fair up here in Alaska up to a week ago.  Winter finally arrived with 2 feet of snow with -30's right behind it.  2 solid feet of ice now but getting out to the lakes with the recent snow fall will be a chore.  Most lakes up here are seldom touched by hardwater anglers and you don't see small ice shack towns establish grounds like we do back home.  Having said that, it is something special to be the only one on an entire lake and the most of scene on the ice other than myself maybe another 2 or 3 anglers. Not that Alaskans don't ice fish, it's just not the winter pass time as it is in Wisconsin.  Tight lines everyone, be safe and looking forward to see pics of your days on the ice. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version