Author Topic: Lithium Shuttle?  (Read 1218 times)

Offline DucksAndDogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
Lithium Shuttle?
« on: Dec 10, 2017, 10:03 AM »
First off - I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.  I'm new to the forum and I've tried searching and I'm not coming up with much.

I just purchased a Marcum LX-6s to use this year.  I didn't buy the Lithium Shuttle bundle and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra money.  What are the benefits, what are the setbacks?  Have any of you used it, and if so, do you like it?  If you were in the process of gearing back up after a long break in ice fishing, would you spend the money on the shuttle or would you spend it on something else and hold off on the lithium shuttle?

Thanks!

Offline mcflyfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Lithium Shuttle?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 10, 2017, 10:08 AM »
I'd put the money toward something else.   There are many ways to go to lithium ion that are less costly.

Offline delement87

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2017, 10:09 AM »
i have the lx7, i spend long days on the ice and would carry extra batteries with me because it would die. i purchased the shuttle for this season, ive spent 6 days on the ice so far. yesterday i fished before sun up and after sundown and my battery was 79% freaking miracle!!! so if you plan on spending alot of time on the ice yes! buy it youll be able to turn your brightness up a little with out worrying about your battery. the only down side to the shuttle is forking out 200$ extra for it.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2017, 10:10 AM »
I don't own one but the biggest positive is that its lighter. Seems like something worth having but I'd buy some tackle this year and wait till the price drops next year to buy the lithium shuttle.

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 10, 2017, 10:44 AM »
walmart.com has dakota power 12v battery 10ah for 99 shipped free.  Thats what i went with, though the shuttle looks cool if money is not an issue, sold out on rapala.com

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #5 on: Dec 10, 2017, 12:14 PM »
i bought one as soon as they came out! no ice for me yet tho. i did run some tests and posted some images for us all.
here is the pics and under that is my dry tests for the lx-9 display (same as the lx-7 display). the lx-6 will get longer run times because of it's smaller size of 6 inch vs 8 inch displays.
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=347410.msg3699217#msg3699217

i am looking forward to using mine!
if you sign up for emails on marcums site you get 10% off your first purchase.

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2017, 09:09 AM »
I ordered the Lithium shuttle yesterday and cannot wait for it to arrive!

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2017, 09:29 AM »
Checked one out in hand it is amazingly light. Easil to read display and 2 usb ports.  Not a fan of having to haul it around in a bucket though. id probably get one if it fit in my softcase....

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2017, 09:38 AM »
I went with the group buy lithium battery for my vex and man it great, way lighter but more importantly the life start the day with 13.9v end the day 13.2 (8hrs of fishing).  I think the same guy who set up the group buy is running another one (Jamin I think). 

Offline defiant1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2017, 09:55 AM »
First off - I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.  I'm new to the forum and I've tried searching and I'm not coming up with much.

I just purchased a Marcum LX-6s to use this year.  I didn't buy the Lithium Shuttle bundle and I'm wondering if it's worth the extra money.  What are the benefits, what are the setbacks?  Have any of you used it, and if so, do you like it?  If you were in the process of gearing back up after a long break in ice fishing, would you spend the money on the shuttle or would you spend it on something else and hold off on the lithium shuttle?

Thanks!

It works for me and the other accessories I use with it (see link below).  Just depends on what needs you have.  I did use the LX6s with a Dakota Lithium battery in the original shuttle with success last season.  Either option is great in my opinion.

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=348400.msg3718842#msg3718842

d1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.