Author Topic: Lowrance Elite 3X All Season Pack  (Read 4727 times)

Offline kc_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • formerly known as ljc2tall, aka kc on mff
Re: Lowrance Elite 3X All Season Pack
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2015, 06:51 PM »
If they are as good as the 4x, you will love it. I can see my size 10 ice flies with it no problem. Just have problems when the water is quite shallow.

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2015, 09:57 PM »
Tips: Read the owners manual, and understand all the menus. The owner manual is pretty generic but its better then nothing. There are a lot of threads on here that will help you get you unit running right.

Turn off auto sensitivity.

Set colorline to 10 percent less then sensitivity.

Utilize split screen zoom depending on depth you are fishing.

Pros: Graph mode, battery life, no noise, most features at this price point.

Cons: Not the best in weeds, transducer itself and the way they want you to hang it, target seperation, not as plug and play as a flasher.

It will take you some time to get to know your unit and how it works. But when you get it dialed in it will be a pleasure to use.

Offline Townie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 12, 2015, 11:32 PM »
That's  a killer deal-- comes w/ ice AND skimmer transducers. I paid the same for my x67 & only the iceducer was included.
Bulls, Jumbos & Slabs Oh My!

Offline djbinding

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2015, 07:26 AM »
I ordered the thing on eBay at 4:00 pm Thursday and it arrived Friday. I was shocked. There is also a $50 mail in rebate.  I like how everything is self contained.  And thanks for the tips "boder"

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 14, 2015, 10:13 AM »
Definitely go with manual mode for ice fishing set ping high and if you can set surface clarity low or off and interference off. make sure ducer is below ice to eliminate surface clutter. I enjoy the lowrance products.
Fishin red lines

Offline English

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2015, 01:44 PM »
I've had one for a few weeks and really like it.  I'm still getting all the settings figured out but for the most part it works as advertised.  Make sure you learn how to take it out of "demo" mode BEFORE you take it out.  I forgot the manual first time out and I was pretty bummed that it took me quite awhile to figure out how to do it.  Oh how?  Well a 16 y/o kid stopped by and played with it for about 5 minutes and figured it out!  LOL

Offline boder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2015, 02:21 PM »
I've had one for a few weeks and really like it.  I'm still getting all the settings figured out but for the most part it works as advertised.  Make sure you learn how to take it out of "demo" mode BEFORE you take it out.  I forgot the manual first time out and I was pretty bummed that it took me quite awhile to figure out how to do it.  Oh how?  Well a 16 y/o kid stopped by and played with it for about 5 minutes and figured it out!  LOL

HAHA. Yup that sounds about right.

Offline MNpup

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2017, 11:33 PM »
Here are some useful tips:
&t=80s

Offline spam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2017, 06:57 AM »
I know this is a old thread but having the elite 5 I couldn't imagine having the 3 with a screen that small
Looks like chuck is taking old one eye to the optometrist!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.