Author Topic: Lowrance Fish Lo-K-Tor  (Read 2666 times)

Offline SleePac

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd Rather Be Ice Fishing!
Lowrance Fish Lo-K-Tor
« on: Dec 02, 2005, 11:59 AM »
Alright...so I ain't got (nice English, eh?  :-\) two nickels to rub together and can't even afford the dial cover for a Vex FL8 model  :'(.  So, I go a searchin' for less expensive alternatives.

Anyone have any on ice experiece with the aforementioned fish finder...should I pursue or am I better off without any electronics at all until I can afford the FL18 top of the line model?  Thanks, ya'll and tight lines!

Andy - Livonia, Michigan

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lowrance Fish Lo-K-Tor
« Reply #1 on: Dec 02, 2005, 03:05 PM »
Andy,

I have used the Lawrence and Humingbird flashers, and understand the thing about not having any nickles ???

I always say, ANY FLASHER IS MUCH BETTER THAN NO FLASHER.

You will not get the detail or target separation that you would get with a Vex, but you will be light years ahead of fishing blind. If you can get a good deal on an older flasher that is in good working order, you will not be sorry..........
80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02, 2005, 03:07 PM »
One of my buddies still uses the old green box, and it works allright for him

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Thor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 02, 2005, 03:37 PM »
You may want to consider a Zercom RTS.  If you do a search of the archived forums here, you should find some decent info, as I remember quite a few posts (mostly positive) regarding these units in the past.

I know that you can usually find some for sale on ebay.

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2005, 05:29 PM »
I agree with everthing that's been posted re-green box, I used one for a while and it was better than nothing-althought it didn't have the power to show small jigs or fish close to the bottom(poor target seperation). I guess my advise-if you can get one for not much money(or free) then go ahead and try it but if you have to spend much, then better to add that to savings for a newer model :)

Offline TJG

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • It's like xmas, 6-8 inchs of solid ice!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 02, 2005, 07:34 PM »
You may want to consider a Zercom RTS.  If you do a search of the archived forums here, you should find some decent info, as I remember quite a few posts (mostly positive) regarding these units in the past.

I know that you can usually find some for sale on ebay.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=19073.0

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2005, 05:18 AM »
regular sonar.... I have purchased a couple regular sonar units (as apposed to the vex thats on its way)

I highly suggest you stay away from things like the eagle cude or the lowrance fish loktor

basically what ya get is a really nice and expensive depthfinder :P
you can see fish, but you have know idea where they are
save your nickles and get a vex you wont regret it!

Offline blufloyd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 03, 2005, 06:43 AM »
Get a rebuilt fl 8, I have yet to see a fl 18 outfish my 8's but I don't fish in deep deep water. Sell the TV and take back the wife's engagement ring, but get a Vex.
I fish better with a lit cigar; some people fish better with talent. ~Nick Lyons, Bright Rivers, 1977

Offline Fishbreath

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2005, 07:47 AM »
what is older Lowrance fish-lo-k-tor or Shakespeare scan master model DF-1
 My buddy has one an neither one of us ever seen one like this before.
My wife is a widow during ice season.
ice shanty #53
VBA #299
retirement is't all its cracked up to be.................... ............its better

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.