Author Topic: Question from Montana  (Read 1926 times)

Offline Houdy66

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Keep Calm and Fish On!!!
Question from Montana
« on: Oct 28, 2018, 03:46 PM »
Hello all-

I'm a fellow hardwater addict from south of the border, down in Bozeman, Montana. I follow a YouTube series I'm sure most of you have heard of, called Uncut Angling. He is based in Manitoba and does a great job at showing all the amazing fishing you have to offer. I'm curious, though, about how the fishing generally is on some of the lakes he goes to, and how much of it is just good editing on his videos.

One lake I'm most interested in is Oak Lake in Southwestern Manitoba. The video he makes there shows him easily catching a limit of eater walleyes and catching some jumbo perch. Is that generally what Oak Lake is known for? In other words, if I were trying to plan an ice fishing trip for walleyes and perch, would it be worth it to go to Oak Lake? My main interest in the lake is that it is only 11.5 hours from where I live, which was surprising to me. I've travelled almost that far to fish without even leaving Montana!

Thanks in advance for any and all insight you guys can give me. Good luck, have a safe upcoming season, and tight lines!
To jig or not to jig... That is the question.

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Question from Montana
« Reply #1 on: Nov 04, 2018, 11:46 AM »
Aaron Weibe does edit his show, like any outdoor show. The difference? He’s not editing out the bad stuff. If he had a bad day, he’s not afraid to say it. A genuine guy, and the real deal.

Oak lake has a healthy population of perch and eyes. It gets a lot of pressure. New limits were put in place this season. Would I travel 11 hours to fish it? Nope. I would do devils lake or any number of impoundments in North Dakota if large numbers of perch were my goal. Or the glacial lakes of South Dakota. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.