New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Honeoye Lake fish questions  (Read 1193 times)

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
Honeoye Lake fish questions
« on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:05 PM »
Does anyone know the length walleyes have to be?  I think they lowered the actualy length a couple of years ago to 15 inches but I'm not sure?  Also what is the limit on the eyes, is it 3 or 5?  One more stupid question what is the limit on bass?

Thanks
All I need is ice and the fish will come.

Offline Polar

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Honeoye Lake fish questions
« Reply #1 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Does anyone know the length walleyes have to be?  I think they lowered the actualy length a couple of years ago to 15 inches but I'm not sure?  Also what is the limit on the eyes, is it 3 or 5?  One more stupid question what is the limit on bass?

Thanks

http://www.dec.state.ny.us/website/dfwmr/fish/fishregs/fishregsfinlk.html
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an  well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, A fishing pole in one hand, beer in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming \"WOO HOO, what a ride!

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:19 PM »
Fishincrazy,
  The limit on walleyes is 15" min size and 3 keepers daily.  They decreased the minimum length from 18 inches to 15 inches, but kept the daily limit at 3.  Since Honeoye gets so much pressure I think this is a good compromise.  As for the bass...they need to be 12" and you are allowed 5 daily.  DEC has encouraged people to keep a few bass from the lake as it seems like its really overrun with stunted bass....This year it seems like you can't keep em off your line. Hope this helps and good luck!
IceGeek

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:21 PM »
By the way, you are allowed to keep bass in the winter on the western fingerlakes (this includes honeoye) and the season closes on march 15th

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:23 PM »
Thanks IceGeek.  Yeah the day I fished Honeoye between two of us we caught 10 bass.  Made running tip-ups alot of fun because we got a ton of flags.  On the camera I had to see 100 bass it was amazing and the hude gills where running with the bass.

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:24 PM »
I believe you about the gills too...for some reason they are HUGE this year....sorry again if I came across like a jerk!

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 19, 2005, 07:46 PM »
No problem man, I don't hold gruges and I realize everyone is welcomed to their own opinion.  No offense taking man.  Thanks for the info.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.