Author Topic: Striker comfort issues  (Read 7352 times)

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Striker comfort issues
« Reply #30 on: Feb 17, 2016, 12:34 PM »
Why do you constantly interject yourself in posts about Striker's stuff and try to pick a fight with people by saying your Arctic Armor suit is so great?  It's pathetic and you're not only becoming annoying to more than a few people but you're also making a fool of yourself by doing that and with your drink the kool-aid crap.  At the rate you do this one would think you're on Arctic Armor' payroll, which I'm sure I'm not the only one who's starting to think that.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Arctic Armor, it's not just for ice fishing!!!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 17, 2016, 12:48 PM »
Why do you constantly interject yourself in posts about Striker's stuff and try to pick a fight with people by saying your Arctic Armor suit is so great?  It's pathetic and you're not only becoming annoying to more than a few people but you're also making a fool of yourself by doing that and with your drink the kool-aid crap.  At the rate you do this one would think you're on Arctic Armor' payroll, which I'm sure I'm not the only one who's starting to think that.

meh     http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Meh

You should stop and listen to yourself and the other striker fanatics sometime.

I'm not a fighter, I'm a lover!
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Feb 17, 2016, 01:07 PM »
Pal that's pathetic, sounds like something my five year old would come up with for a response.  Besides what do you expect the people who like Striker products to say, their stuff is junk, over priced, but we bought it and love it anyway?  Really, come on already........ it's time to act like an adult rather than a three year old who can't have a cookie.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 17, 2016, 01:18 PM »
Pal that's pathetic, sounds like something my five year old would come up with for a response.  Besides what do you expect the people who like Striker products to say, their stuff is junk, over priced, but we bought it and love it anyway?  Really, come on already........ it's time to act like an adult rather than a three year old who can't have a cookie.

Take it easy bubba, you going to work yourself up from this horrid little snit into a full fledged tantrum if you don't settle down.
Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for a day, give him a religion and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish... author unknown

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 17, 2016, 01:21 PM »
You two are going to get a timeout if you don't stop :callcops: :callcops:

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Feb 17, 2016, 02:44 PM »
Take it easy bubba, you going to work yourself up from this horrid little snit into a full fledged tantrum if you don't settle down.

Did an Arctic Armor supervisor help you with that?  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 17, 2016, 03:00 PM »
Striker vs AA. Geez. These threads are like the vex vs marcum vs hbird threads. The only difference is that there's an obvious winner here. (Striker).  GCD, a lot of folks have Striker suits. I would say there's a lot more of us with Striker suits than the AA suits. Perhaps the one drinking the kool-aid is you.

Where I live we get 37*F lake water that I fish over out of a boat. Are you familiar with the effects of cold water on the body?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1xohI3B4Uc

Cold water doesn't have to have ice on top of it to kill you.

Well it's a good thing nobody has to worry about falling through a boat.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Feb 17, 2016, 03:17 PM »
Striker vs AA. Geez. These threads are like the vex vs marcum vs hbird threads. The only difference is that there's an obvious winner here. (Striker).  GCD, a lot of folks have Striker suits. I would say there's a lot more of us with Striker suits than the AA suits. Perhaps the one drinking the kool-aid is you.

That's the truth.   :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #38 on: Feb 17, 2016, 03:35 PM »

I think it's Time To Put This Thread To Bed!

IW

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Feb 17, 2016, 04:19 PM »

Im thinking the exact same thing. Guy just can't get over the fact that the majority of the people out there won't ever buy or wear AA for a reason. There's PLENTY of reasons not to as well. Bad luck he says....there's no, "luck" involved when a CEO or VP calls you and insults you over the phone for 15 minutes straight.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #40 on: Feb 17, 2016, 06:25 PM »
Im thinking the exact same thing. Guy just can't get over the fact that the majority of the people out there won't ever buy or wear AA for a reason. There's PLENTY of reasons not to as well. Bad luck he says....there's no, "luck" involved when a CEO or VP calls you and insults you over the phone for 15 minutes straight.

I would NEVER put up with that, the minute he started I'd hang up.

Chute82

« Reply #41 on: Feb 17, 2016, 06:48 PM »
My buddy has a AA camo suit and the only complaint I have ever heard out of him is how warm he gets when walking.  He wears it for everything (duck hunting, snowmobile, flintlock deer hunting, ice fishing) for 4 or 5 years and it has held up very well. 

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 17, 2016, 07:33 PM »
Perhaps the one drinking the kool-aid is you.

The AA Kool-Aid is a lovely vintage Kool-Aid with a bold beginning and a smooth finish!

You're right, no one has to worry about falling through the bottom of a boat... but there's always the chance of going MOB, and if that happens I want to make sure I get back to the boat and up the ladder.

Offline Buttonbuckslayer!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 17, 2016, 08:17 PM »
Where I live we get 37*F lake water that I fish over out of a boat. Are you familiar with the effects of cold water on the body?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1xohI3B4Uc

Cold water doesn't have to have ice on top of it to kill you.

Where I travel to visit relatives is a lot further north and colder than where you live:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_Lake,_Alberta
Your obsession with drowning in cold water is a little unhealthy, I'd quit fishing if I was as worried as you.  Yes I have a floating suit.  It's a striker and it started to come apart this evening at the seams, should have got a Arctic Armor.

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 17, 2016, 08:22 PM »
  Yes I have a floating suit.  It's a striker and it started to come apart this evening at the seems, should have got a Arctic Armor.

That's what I've been trying to tell you!

Offline FlamDragger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Feb 17, 2016, 08:46 PM »
Absolutely love my StrikerIce suit!  Why is an AA comment even on this thread?  Happy fishing, everyone!

Offline icehound67

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 17, 2016, 08:47 PM »
Look its very simple, not every suit made is perfect.  When you mass produce them sometimes imperfections and mistakes happen.  Everyone has there own opinion on what they like, what they think is the most comfortable and different body styles + sizes fit certain brands better!!  There is NO company that makes 100% perfect products, however that being said customer service is really and important point.  I personally would not purchase any products no matter how good they are that has poor customer service. I have heard plenty of bad reviews about AA, the most concerning to me is the lack of breathability and CS. I own a Hardwater suit and love it, I think its the best suit out there.  Its a very solid suit and i have dealt with there CS and was impressed. I also believe that the best suit made was the Frabill "Snosuit", however they stopped making them.  I understand they were not a floating suit but a very impressive suit that I would still buy if I could find one (XL).  To each his own IMO.

Offline Buttonbuckslayer!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Feb 17, 2016, 09:04 PM »
Absolutely love my StrikerIce suit!  Why is an AA comment even on this thread?  Happy fishing, everyone!
Because it's a thread about a guy who is unhappy with his striker suit and looking for something else.   Starting to wonder about this Koolaid thing.  Do people even read, or just shout "I wanna have strikers baby!"

Offline fishinagain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Feb 18, 2016, 05:06 AM »
But, If it was AA's it would be "they came apart, and they told me to leave a message, but they never got back with me"  ???
Pure Michigan

TEAM MITTEN

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #49 on: Feb 18, 2016, 08:08 AM »
there you go!

customer service is NIL for aa and striker COULDN'T BE BETTER! ask me how i know.

as for striker hardwater, no comfort issues or lack of comfort for me! they are what i want from a quality ice fishing suit unlike aa kids junk that's paper thin and super cold and the lack of features is of no help for it either.

idi/aa will never get another nickel from me.
i stand behind companies who stand behind their product(s), simply said.

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Feb 18, 2016, 12:39 PM »
I wish I didn't love my hardwater suit as much as I do!!! Then maybe my ol lady wouldn't give me guff for always being gone!!! I have another name for AA......   ***hole armor

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Feb 18, 2016, 07:36 PM »

Seems the OP is having comfort issues with his sucker... uh... er... striker suit, and if you've never owned one you wouldn't know how light weight-comfy-cozy an Arctic Armor suit is right out of the box! It's like a light windbreaker except a million times warmer and it will keep you afloat if you break through the ice or fall into frigid water!... and at $235 for a complete suit, how can you go wrong?

https://www.idigear.com/idi-products/arctic-armor-products/suits.html

If you'll look at the members here that complain about the AA suits, you'll see they complain aboot everything... electronics, store bought jigs, temp shelters... you name it and they've complained about it.

No I don't work for IDI/ARCTIC ARMOR, I just really really like their product and have never had any whiney issues with it.

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 18, 2016, 08:06 PM »
Maybe on cloud 9 it is a nice suit! Lol. I will have to go to KMart to check out how comfortable it really is!!!

Offline GCD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Feb 18, 2016, 08:17 PM »
Maybe on cloud 9 it is a nice suit! Lol. I will have to go to KMart to check out how comfortable it really is!!!

Once you check out the AA you'll ask yourself "WT- am I doing with this heavy/bulky striker junk"??? This AA is like being wrapped in marshmallow fluff with Katey Perry giving me kisses all over my body!!!

Offline EricB86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Feb 18, 2016, 08:24 PM »
Katy Perry has a bigger Adams Apple then I do! I will take my woman and my hwater suit anyday!!! And in case you didn't get the joke... Read it again please

Offline Sweet Daddy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Feb 18, 2016, 08:46 PM »
It got down to zero this morning, and I thought I was going to have to zip up my hardwater jacket..

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #56 on: Feb 19, 2016, 03:27 AM »
Here we go again.   :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Feb 19, 2016, 04:17 AM »
Seems the OP is having comfort issues with his sucker... uh... er... striker suit, and if you've never owned one you wouldn't know how light weight-comfy-cozy an Arctic Armor suit is right out of the box! It's like a light windbreaker except a million times warmer and it will keep you afloat if you break through the ice or fall into frigid water!... and at $235 for a complete suit, how can you go wrong?

https://www.idigear.com/idi-products/arctic-armor-products/suits.html

If you'll look at the members here that complain about the AA suits, you'll see they complain aboot everything... electronics, store bought jigs, temp shelters... you name it and they've complained about it.

No I don't work for IDI/ARCTIC ARMOR, I just really really like their product and have never had any whiney issues with it.

The fabric they use is straight out of a wal mart clearance bin

This is from one season of light use. This is from FABRIC ON FABRIC rubbing. Such quality!!!

Offline flatironfisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Feb 20, 2016, 09:37 PM »
This is your typical Ford vs Chevy discussion.  I have a Striker Predator suit and love it but that doesn't mean it's the best thing out there, it's just what I wanted.  I did a lot of research on suits, (mostly here and the net) and I can't really remember what pointed me towards the Striker, but that's what I got and I couldn't be happier.  Now, that doesn't mean the the AA is a POS.  My advice is to go with what you want/know.

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars." - Unknown

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #59 on: Feb 21, 2016, 05:46 AM »
This is your typical Ford vs Chevy discussion.  I have a Striker Predator suit and love it but that doesn't mean it's the best thing out there, it's just what I wanted.  I did a lot of research on suits, (mostly here and the net) and I can't really remember what pointed me towards the Striker, but that's what I got and I couldn't be happier.  Now, that doesn't mean the the AA is a POS.  My advice is to go with what you want/know.
              :thumbsup:
           I just watched a video of the Striker suit in action, at the end there was a disclaimer that the suit doesn't protect you from
           hypothermia, now does that mean in the water or out? AA suits helps get you body heat warm after you get out of the water
           as you're getting off the ice.  Both suits keep you afloat but the AA suits goes one step farther, that's what important to me!
           And we do have testimony from a Ice Shanty member that AA suits work, as I stated in a previous post.
           This discussion will never end, because people who have Striker suits like them and people who have AA suits like them.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.