Author Topic: ice armor gloves  (Read 2337 times)

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ice armor gloves
« on: Dec 24, 2013, 01:22 PM »
was just at field and stream store looking at the ice armor gloves thought I would pass on what I saw.the xl ultra gloves were hard to get on and were tight,the extreme gloves in xl I could not get on.so unless you have some little hands best look elsewere.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
Re: ice armor gloves
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2013, 01:34 PM »
i have a pair. leaked like a mug. told them, sent them in, they sent me new ones, they leak like a  mug

no more repeating for me
besides fitting poorly, the thumb has a micro fleece covering that falls apart right away

good call on taking a pass on that one!

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2013, 01:39 PM »
didn't know all that ,but they will not keep my hands warm if I cant get them on :wacko:

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 24, 2013, 01:40 PM »
I have had 3 pairs over the years biggest gimmick there is on the shelf, they are not warm, they are not dry and they will maybe last a trip or 2 before the stitching starts comin out, once wet they streach out of shape and stay that way....Did I mention they were junk?....

Offline caddy084

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 24, 2013, 01:45 PM »
I got the fleece ice armor gloves a few years back as a gift, really had no problems with them, but they also run small. The XL's are like a large at best...

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Dec 24, 2013, 01:55 PM »
i have a pair. leaked like a mug. told them, sent them in, they sent me new ones, they leak like a  mug

So what was wrong with them? Must have been pretty water tight if they leak like a mug (mugs don't leak).

Sorry, had to!  ;D
EYECONICFISHING

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 24, 2013, 02:00 PM »
So what was wrong with them? Must have been pretty water tight if they leak like a mug (mugs don't leak).

Sorry, had to!  ;Di thought the same thing ;D what kinda mugs you have 3300 ???

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Dec 24, 2013, 02:02 PM »
i have cracked ones and they are for sale like clam gear

any one want my slightly used clam gear?

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #8 on: Dec 24, 2013, 02:07 PM »

Sorry, had to!  ;D

actually they "were real water proof" when new. shortly after pulling some fish out with a gloved hand they started leaking as the plastic bag thats sewn into them became more and more exposed and the thumb was falling apart more and more and the seams

so yeah, like a mug. works great when new, until it gets a crack because you used it

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Dec 24, 2013, 02:11 PM »
they will maybe last a trip or 2 before the stitching starts comin out

I bought a set for myself and both of my sons last season.  3 pairs of gloves and you can't make one good set out of all of them put together right now with all the holes in them.  Garbage.

Offline ND222

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 24, 2013, 03:25 PM »
Yes, they are not worth buying :%$#!:

Offline HIMO

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • GOATBOYS WISCONSIN CHAPTER 1st Wisconsin goat!!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 24, 2013, 03:49 PM »
I have the Ice Armor mittens and they are the warmest ones in my arsenal.

HIMO
                                                                                           Iceshanty & MFF Global Moderator
It's not how deep you fish, but how you wiggle your worm !!!

Offline fish-e

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 24, 2013, 04:57 PM »
I have the Ice Armor mittens and they are the warmest ones in my arsenal.

HIMO
                                                                                           Iceshanty & MFF Global Moderator

I have the mitts as well, and can't say they are the warmest. They are warmer than the finger gloves for obvious reasons.   For $30/pair I was hoping for a better quality glove.  As for sizing, yes they are off, try them on in the store.  I don't use them to pull fish out of the hole, but does the job, not exposing my hands to the wind. 

Rubber is the only durable waterproof material I have ever used. (no disrespect to anyone).
Add a day to your life, go fishing.

Offline SpoonieLuv

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Dec 24, 2013, 05:02 PM »
I don't like how they have the plastic "bag" in them, they can't breath and then your hands are wet and clammy from that.  Yeah and they are not waterproof to begin with.

Offline greenmonster57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Dec 24, 2013, 05:14 PM »

Sorry, had to!  ;D
:clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #15 on: Dec 24, 2013, 05:33 PM »
Hmmm..........I find this thread quite interesting. Starting third season with my IceArmor Extreme gloves & with the exception of a few stains they pretty much look brand new. They do run small in size as I had to go with an XL, which fits just perfect. If the old thermometer falls below zero my hands start getting cold in them, so I would agree that they're not the warmest glove on the market. For me they've performed well for what I use them for, but they're not by any means the best glove on the market & they don't live up to the "IceArmor hype". Would I buy another pair?............Maybe.

As far as the warmest gloves in my arsenal, a pair of blue Glacier Gloves. Second season on these & my hands have never got cold in them no matter how far that temp falls below zero. Anyways, just my 2cents. Take care, stay safe out on the hardwater, & Merry Christmas !!

Offline jr50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 24, 2013, 05:35 PM »
I bought a pair several years ago and they are still my go to glove for snow blowing or shoveling.  I really like them and their durability has not let me down.  The thumb is starting to wear thin now though.  Last year I bought a 2nd pair and still haven't used them, as Im waiting for my old pair to give out.  The Velcro on the cuff need improvement though. 

Offline vexguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 24, 2013, 06:47 PM »
Nothing but junk...  >:( >:(   just my 2 cents worth

Offline backatit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Dec 24, 2013, 08:24 PM »
Nothing but junk...  >:( >:(   just my 2 cents worth
X5

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #19 on: Dec 24, 2013, 08:30 PM »
The extream gloves are awsome in my opinion.

Offline outlaw5oo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 24, 2013, 08:32 PM »
i have the mittens and they are on their 4Th season now my go to if I'm not jigging or its super cold very warm and waterproof still. Maybe they were made better then?

Offline nocod

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Dec 24, 2013, 08:33 PM »
I allmost dont want to say mine where great, untill I sliced the left thumb on my auger :o.

Offline Workemup

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Dec 24, 2013, 09:10 PM »
Glacier Bay alaskan river series gloves. They are half finger, and have a waterproof padded palm so you can grab and unhook fish time and again without removing the glove, or getting it wet and cold.

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #23 on: Dec 24, 2013, 10:24 PM »
I have the mittens and like em so much I ordered the XXL gloves, got em today, they fit great and I have big hands. Hope I have better luck then ppl posting on here did. :unsure:

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Dec 27, 2013, 12:10 PM »
I used the gloves when I plowed the driveway and I can tall ya one thing for sure, the mittens are much warmer then the gloves. Gloves are not as good as I was hoping, but will get the job done. Glad I'll have both though.

Offline dabills

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Dec 27, 2013, 01:57 PM »
I got the mittens for christmas but they still haven't gotten here.

Offline TinyTim

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #26 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:32 PM »
I used the gloves when I plowed the driveway and I can tall ya one thing for sure, the mittens are much warmer then the gloves. Gloves are not as good as I was hoping, but will get the job done. Glad I'll have both though.
OK, after some usage, the gloves are junk is my review. Used em on the wheeler 3 times so far and the stitching is already starting to give. Gonna contact them and see if they will take em back in trade for another pair of mittens cus these would never hold up fishing.  :%$#!:

Offline Collierscc

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:53 PM »
I bought a pair of extreme gloves yesterday will be checking them out on the ice tomorrow it will be around -35c with the wind so i hope they work  :o

Offline jkeller

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:55 PM »
The last pair I had did a better job of collecting water then keeping it out

Offline J_Edwards

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Jan 03, 2014, 01:01 PM »
Total junk  >:(

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor