Author Topic: Home made wind break?  (Read 4365 times)

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Home made wind break?
« on: Nov 10, 2004, 03:15 PM »
I need a little help. I have a Shappel tent that I dearly love when with a buddy or two  but am looking for something that I can make and use when I go alone and walk out on the ice with my sled. It needs to be very light, quick and easy to set up and preferably made of clear plastic so I can have good visiblity and enjoy the sun or moon depending on the time. I want to make it myself and be able to set on a 5 gallon bucket in it. It can be open to the front and I need to be able to roll or fold it up for transport on my wooden sled that I pull when I walk out. Any plans or pictures would be much appreciated.  Have gone without one for eons but at my age a little protection from the wind when alone would be nice. :tipup:
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline whitebassbenny

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fishing rules, let there be ice !!!!
Re: Home made wind break?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 10, 2004, 08:00 PM »
3 poles
clear tarp
staple gun

staple one pole to each end and one in the middle   put in hole not deep enought to go throught ice and put in V shape on the ice   

when done just roll it up  ;D

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Nov 10, 2004, 08:18 PM »
Hey Whitebass   that is so simple  why didn't I think of that. Thanks a million but that is why I love this site    lots of help and good ideas. :tipup:
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline whitebassbenny

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ice fishing rules, let there be ice !!!!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2004, 02:17 PM »
becouse your an adult and i am a teen who wants to make a shanty but don't have the $$$ ... so that means i need CHEAP ways to stay warmer  ;D ;)

whitebassbenny  post pics when u make it  :tipup:

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2004, 10:29 PM »
why not just take 3 pieces of conduit ( same lenghth ) bend at same angle at same height and connect to conduit box on top , wrap visqueen at two outside poles and have a homemade looking teepee , deflect the wind up and over

Offline Kodiak Commando

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2004, 10:45 PM »
Right with ya whitebass. Outdoor teens like us can get creative!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #6 on: Nov 14, 2004, 03:40 AM »
becouse your an adult and i am a teen who wants to make a shanty but don't have the $$$ ... so that means i need CHEAP ways to stay warmer  ;D ;)

whitebassbenny  post pics when u make it  :tipup:
benny you think you got it bad now...stay single or you could end up an adult with plenty of money but a wife who wont let him spend it on ice fishing...lol ???

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.