The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Need lake margrethe ice report  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Fishondog

• IceShanty Rookie
Need lake margrethe ice report
« on: Dec 17, 2007, 02:24 PM »
 Any locals with an ice report on lake magrethe or area lakes would be appreciated ;D
Fishon!

Offline The Splash

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Need lake margrethe ice report
« Reply #1 on: Dec 17, 2007, 02:31 PM »
 Do you fish there a lot? Three of us went there two seasons ago and all we caught were tons of 6 inch perch and smaller. Everywhere we went on the lake they were there. The highlight of the day was when i was tossing the tiny perch to an eagle that built some trust in me. Other than that i caught one undersized walleye at dark.
  Hope your luck is better there.

Offline theozmeister

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 17, 2007, 02:44 PM »
i talked to the owner of skips last nite and he said anywhere form 7-10" of ice, and the walleye bite was just starting to pick up, however, ive  never fished it myself so i dont know where exactly to fish, was thinkin of givin it a shot over xmas break. hope this helps and good luck

Offline Fishondog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2007, 02:57 PM »
Will be there during the holiday week. got a place in kalkaska and would like to fish Bear lake but I had a post a couple of days ago said it was ice free.a friend said he seen a shantyon lake margethe from off m72 last week. same guy swears the walleye hit great there as well as panfish and perch. But I heard that about Fletchers floodwaters went there 2 years in a row and could not find a spot to drill a hole so many weeds.
Fishon!

Offline theozmeister

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 17, 2007, 03:25 PM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.